Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

lil_utena

Happy Birthday?

lil_utena

When would you consider your dolls Birthday to be? Is it what it says on their birth certification (if they came with one) thats pretty much when the mold was done. Or when they get to your house?

Mine is a complicated bc I got my Dollfie Dream sister in pieces from the volks japan and US store. Who ever had the part is who I got it from. Well I got all my parts in last sept. except for her thighs. she Went about 6 months without them bc neither site ever had them in stock. so for her sake, would her birthday be in sept or when she got her thighs in? I had her put together still but without one part (rubber band pants to her calves to her torso lol)

What to you think?

Poofiemus

Nanoha's is the day I fully unboxed her (November 11, easy to remember!), while Agatha's is the day I redid her faceup the first time (July 23, the day before Alphonse Mucha's).

Nanoha I got full set, and didn't really change her underlying character much; the only major permanent change she's gotten was a new pair of (desperately needed) eyes, so declaring her as being "born" at unboxing made sense. This was doubly true as she was my unicorn, so having her physically in my hands finally made her adoption real after nearly three years of pining after her.

Agatha, on the other hand, came from her previous owner with a faceup that didn't match the personality I saw in her at all. Until I changed that faceup, she wasn't really herself yet, so that's why that event marks her "birth" so to speak. Before that, in my mind she kind of existed in limbo.

Then again, I've always had really bad creator ADD, so completing a project (or a major element of one) often feels like a far bigger deal to me than starting. If it was getting over the hump to start buying stuff to put your girl together was the bigger emotional accomplishment for you, the day you started buying parts would make perfect sense. I suppose in the end it's all about what moment was particularly significant to you, and that day is the doll's birthday.

Edited by Guest

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Shailara

All my dolls' birthdays are the dates they arrived to me, sometimes with the exception if I had them shipped to my friend, so I consider that their birthday >v<

If they are heads, their birthday will be marked on the date they'll receive their body and become full dolls UvU (same goes for bodies ahaha). I think the same would go if I was buying parts separately uvu

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Coffee

My girls' birthdays are on the day they arrived.

Mina - August 3rd, Lucy - January 28th, Sammy - April 22th.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

baldylox

All my girls birthdays are marked on the day they arrived at my home. I always take photos of them as soon as they are unboxed so since I have quite a few of them now, if I forget exact dates for them, I just check my pics for date stamps. Makes it a lot easier to remember that way!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DivinitaAria

I consider their birthdays to be when they arrived...but unfortunately I don't remember when they arrived

Maybe in the case of getting a dolls in parts, you could use the date of which she was finally complete?

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

kymaera

For all except Tia, it's when they arrive to me. For Tia (my only custom so far), it was when I finished her face-up.

Oni-Chan

So far I've used the date of Purchase as my Obitsu dolls' birthdays.

April, May, June, Aug, Sept

Two dolls I have I've decided birthdays for, close to dates of purchase

March, Nov

And the new dolls I have (Coming soon) will have birthdays I've decided, and just to fill in the gaps XD

July, and October

Hope that helps

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Coco

My dolls also have birthdays based on when they arrived. Unfortunately, like DivinitaAria, I also can't remember half of their birthdays. That's why I've started a list, so I can remember birthdays! For some, I took a picture close to when I got them. I just have to find the earliest picture I have, and that's probably their birthday. For my Sooms, I had to go by the dates my accounts said they were delivered. The rest are just guesses. D:

My poor Rika needs her birthday recorded soon before I lose it. It is slightly alarming though to see how close my dolls' birthdays are. I guess it's shopping habit.

hihihellokitty

Mine is also when she arrived to me, July 1st hehe ^^

If I made a custom and had to wait to put a girl all together I would make it the day she is 100% put together, that's just how I'd do it though x3

Jezrah

Mine are by arrival date. I keep track in my Database entry here. If I forget what the arrival date was before a girl is officially introduced here then I look through my emails and pick a date.

In the case of customs or girls bought as a head only, it really depends whether I'll list their birthday right away. For my first girl, even though her first faceup was finished, I didn't call it her birthday til I got her a body since I couldn't play with her as a head alone. For Kotone and Ichigo, though, who I bought as heads, their birthday was right away since they could borrow others' bodies to exist. With still others currently in progress, since they need so much done to them, their birthday won't be until they are more towards complete.

Oh, and fun fact, since I didn't order both Sabers immediately, they came to me at separate times a few days apart. So since I knew they were going to be twins, I picked a median date, which was the fall equinox last year.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Kodama

Lets see...

Maiya March 12th 2011

Glenda Sept. 27th 2011

Oyuki March 31st 2012

Sakura Sept. 22nd 2012

Kita April 15th 2013

That's my girl's birthdays...

Edit: I consider it their BD the day they are assembled and presented to the world... which has been the same day for this lot so far...

Edited by Guest

atrika
When would you consider your dolls Birthday to be? Is it what it says on their birth certification (if they came with one) thats pretty much when the mold was done. Or when they get to your house?

Mine is a complicated bc I got my Dollfie Dream sister in pieces from the volks japan and US store. Who ever had the part is who I got it from. Well I got all my parts in last sept. except for her thighs. she Went about 6 months without them bc neither site ever had them in stock. so for her sake, would her birthday be in sept or when she got her thighs in? I had her put together still but without one part (rubber band pants to her calves to her torso lol)

What to you think?

for people who started with parts first that i know, the birthdate is when they got the head. in this hobby even if you have the body first, the character/headmold can still change. i don't know. but yeah, most people that i know would date the day the head arrived. i do that too. you can still swap bodies and stuff but i think head is the center character here.

because dolls are made in batches, those that use dates on certs would have the same birthdate as the one in the batches, which i think is cool too especially if you manage to find owner of the same batches (quintuplets separated at birth!!)

some people would also use a date that means to them. my unoa 2nd is an pisces, like my x girlfriend, (but not the same birthdate, my unoa 2nd's dob is feb 19th.)

so far as i remember, most of mine's birthdays are the day they arrived, or when the heads arrived.

congrats on your girl and i think shes pretty lucky to be with someone who can make cute stuff for her!

Aoife ✙ Tae ✙ Miya ✙ Usami ✙ Misaki ✙ Makina ✙ Yume

Kanae ✙ Kanon ✙ Subaru ✙ Juri ✙ Aya ✙ Megu-tan ✙ Kureha

Bloodflower

All my fullset girls'(resin and vinyl) birthdays are when they arrived. I got one in March, November and December. My custom girl will have her birthday the day she comes back from the face-up artist, because that's when she'll be a complete character.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

MugenTenshinFRD

I think when they arrive is the best way to settle it, unless it's a original character from an anime with existing birthday date.

Japan 2016 memories

10-2016:

Hatsune Miku finally home!

Upcoming family member: Snow Miku

Playstation: MugenTenshinFRD

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/FerdieFB23

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75674706@N06/

JChiibs

What a complicated question... at least for me. Since I have yet to get a DD who came complete, or whom I didn't have plans to change something about them, what determines a Bday can get really complicated and differs for many of my DD.

Tamayuki: Feb. 9 2012 the day he arrived at our doorstep (day after my brother's birthday) even though his faceup wasn't done for another 6 months, and he didn't have a boy bust for another month after that.

Yuriko: Aug. 20 2012 (I think, I'd have to double check with Raven) The day that she finally had her faceup done, and a wig that covered her head properly.

Naiomi: Sept. 19 2012 The day her body unexpectedly arrived finally making her complete (I wasn't expecting it for another two weeks or so)

Rainie: Aug. 3, Nov. 22, or maybe sometime in Feb. but I dunno... Although she is currently complete, she's not completely complete, but I probably won't know until next year. Aug. 3 was the day I put her on an MDD body and the first time she seemed 'whole' (but had a badly done faceup at the time), Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving 2012) was when she got angry at me that her head and eyes had been around since Tama and Yuriko originally arrived (Feb. 9) and yet she kept having to miss out on family photos. If it wasn't for her badgering I wouldn't have realized that the MDD S bust (no longer used by Tama) would barely fit on the Obitsu 45cm body (disliked by Tama). Granted it looks a bit odd and she had no facup at the time, but it was so happy to see the whole (completed) family together. Her head came back from Anouc in Feb, but I try not to have all the birthdays smashed together. She still needs a couple more things before she's in her final form, and I don't expect that will happen until next year.

Bree: Unknown Once she gets her own body (Tama's hand-me-down when he gets upgraded to MDDIII) she will be done.

Hopefully TBA soon: Feb. 28 2013 done lock, stock, and beer barrel. (Accidentally the day after my 2nd oldest sister's birthday)

Miss Lottie (Kos-Mos): To be determined the day she is in her proper attire and new wig (and maybe different faceup.)

Momo: To be determined She's Raven's girl so its up to him, but she's getting new eyes.

Plus 6 others also being (slowly) worked on...

With so many works in progress it can get really overwhelming, and Poor Tamayuki spent his first birthday without a party because we were out of town to attend Raven's grandpa's funeral. He spent the day snuggling with Dolly, Yuriko, and some of his animals and we did get a pic. So I'm hoping to make it up to him on his second birthday. As for all the unfinished DD, I know all too well that at any point in the process they could decide that they are complete enough to declare it their birthday, despite if they are realistically done or not.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Ravendruid

Momo: To be determined She's Raven's girl so its up to him, but she's getting new eyes.

MOMO will probably have her birthday on the day she arrives, unless she happens to get here within a couple weeks of my birthday (Nov, 11) in which case it would be easiest (at least for me) for us to share a birthday.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

HimeNeko

I was deciding wether to make Charlotte's birthday the day she arrived, or the day I fully unboxed her since I was on my so-called 'holiday'. But because it was the day of my birthday that I unboxed her (3rd August) I just settled for that. And now we share a birthday. Or actually, all 3 of the family members share the same birthday. xD My mother, Charlotte and I. xD

On temporary hiatus.

Home: Charlotte (DDS Mayu)

Saving: currently none