Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Kochan

Greetings and salutations from Toronto!

Kochan

Hey everyone!

After seeing some people at this year's Anime North with dollfies, I thought I'd go ahead and try to get more involved in the hobby so I made an account on here.

A little about me would probably be good to start this off

Firstly, I'm male and living about a half-hour east of Toronto, but Toronto is the most memorable city people can think of so let's just say I'm from there hahaha. I've been watching anime on and off over the years, originally starting with Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball back when I was a kid. After a few years hiatus I got into Gundam, followed by another few years hiatus! Over the last two or three years I started watching and finishing complete seasons, reading a small handful of manga, as well as collecting figures.

Over the last few months I've dumped about $1100 on pre-painted figures, Figmas, Revoltechs, and Chogokin.

During the beginning of this 'phase' I started following Danny Choo's blog where I was introduced into the Holy Grail: Dollfie Dream Saber from the Fate series.

Ever since I've always wanted one.

And that's why I ended up here

__

Wow, I just realized how boring that sounded... Sorry everyone!

14078037054_cd075b0817_o.png

Shailara

Hello! And welcome to the forum >w<

Your intro didn't sound boring at all X'D It was interesting, I like seeing how people find out about Dollfie Dreams~

Well, you're maybe lucky if you don't mind which version of Saber, probably unlucky if you want the original HAHA! Saber Extra and Saber Alter are probably the easiest ones to find around (and the most reasonably priced) whereas Saber Lily and Saber original are probably the hardest and most expensive, as far as I've seen (I havent really hunted for them to know aprox. prices, though Extra and Alter 2nd can easily go for below $1k).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the hobby and get your Holy Grail hehe ^v^ The journey might be frustrating, but I'm sure in the end it'll be all worth it >w<)b

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Harleyquinne

Hello and welcome to the forums. I wish I had that much money to throw down on figures a month! I'm lucky if I can get one nendoroid a month. Though lately, I've started losing interest in nendoroids and that's why I've been custom building my own Dollfie Dream little bits at a time.

I wish you all the best in finding your grail! I've got a few in mind that I would like to collect as well.

Kochan

Thanks for the warm welcome. Definitely a Saber original and Saber Lily fan, but Saber Extra does come in at a close third. Not too big of a fan of Alter, but I wouldn't decline her if she were available!

Harleyquinne - Trust me, I definitely don't have that kind of money to throw away at figures in a month haha. I just went on a binge. Not the smartest idea, but I don't exactly regret it either.

Kochan

Just an update, but as of July 3rd, I did end up taking a brand new Saber Extra home!

HimeNeko
Just an update, but as of July 3rd, I did end up taking a brand new Saber Extra home!

Lucky you! Do you have her home now? If so, definitely post pictures!

On temporary hiatus.

Home: Charlotte (DDS Mayu)

Saving: currently none

Kochan

Lucky you! Do you have her home now? If so, definitely post pictures!

She definitely is! I don't have enough posts to post photos, though

Bouncing_Tigger

Welcome and its great to see another Canadian here! Maybe if we get enough, somebody will open a "Volks" store here! (T.O. would be a great location for one, anyway!) You're half an hour east of T.O. and I'm about 1 1/2 - 2 hours west of T.O. so we would both be able to 'shop' there! We can always hope!

Kochan
Welcome and its great to see another Canadian here! Maybe if we get enough, somebody will open a "Volks" store here! (T.O. would be a great location for one, anyway!) You're half an hour east of T.O. and I'm about 1 1/2 - 2 hours west of T.O. so we would both be able to 'shop' there! We can always hope!

How big is the GTA Dollfie scene, anyway? Other than the users I saw in the Sunday thread, I've never actually met any other people around. Heck, I've only ever seen one Dollfie-related ad on Kijiji and it was a year ago for an original Saber

Everyone I've come to meet usually just watches anime or collects figures.

Kochan
Hello ^^

Nice to meet you, hope we see a first girl soon

And i am nosily which one the first one will be really ^^

Thanks!

I apologize in advance for the instagram photos, but here's a few:

da4b44eae76611e2b12b22000aaa04d7_6.jpg

Saber checking out the fishies

6e1cc0a4e60911e2a0fd22000aa8039a_6.jpg

Her temporary transport case. I know it's not very ideal, but it'll have to do for now. I'm trying to only keep her there for short periods of time.

7703b344e6a911e2928022000a9f3c6c_6.jpg

Bouncing_Tigger

How big is the GTA Dollfie scene, anyway? Other than the users I saw in the Sunday thread, I've never actually met any other people around. Heck, I've only ever seen one Dollfie-related ad on Kijiji and it was a year ago for an original Saber

Everyone I've come to meet usually just watches anime or collects figures.

I don't really know how many Dollfie owners there are in the GTA because I am too new to this to have attended any events...and too scared to drive in TO From the comments I've read, though, it sounds as if there are quite a few! If you attend any of their events, it would be great if you could post some pictures so I could get some idea of numbers...If there were enough, it might...just might...tempt me to brave TO traffic to attend at least one!

Kochan

I don't really know how many Dollfie owners there are in the GTA because I am too new to this to have attended any events...and too scared to drive in TO From the comments I've read, though, it sounds as if there are quite a few! If you attend any of their events, it would be great if you could post some pictures so I could get some idea of numbers...If there were enough, it might...just might...tempt me to brave TO traffic to attend at least one!

I went to the Toronto meet this Sunday. I'm quite new as well, and for me to go to a meet up like this is kind of "oh my, I'm very, VERY, out of my norm". There were quite a lot of people there, more than 10, so I think it would be worthwhile if you came down. I'm normally a car-guy and talk about car stuff while being surrounded by car-knowledgeable people. I don't know anything about dolls, I only like/watch very few animes, so I'm what you'd call "uncultured" hahaha...

Anywho, if you have instagram, my handle is @xsnrge. I've posted a group photo that I took while I was there, though you might have to scroll down a few to find it.

My order from Cool Cat did arrive today after work, so I was pretty happy with that.

Here's a full body shot that I took (sorry in advance, iPhone )

sabermrpoo2_zpse8890903.jpg

And a closeup of Saber and Mr. Poo

sabermrpoo_zps9d491eda.jpg

archangeli

I hope you had a good time at the meet - I didn't get to talk to you too much @__@" It was a bit hard for me to chat with everyone since we had several new faces this time

A couple of the guys are car nuts too, you could have chatted them up easily! Next time ^__~"

We're planning a date for August meetup, nothing set yet but I'll make a thread later on.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Kochan
I hope you had a good time at the meet - I didn't get to talk to you too much @__@" It was a bit hard for me to chat with everyone since we had several new faces this time

A couple of the guys are car nuts too, you could have chatted them up easily! Next time ^__~"

We're planning a date for August meetup, nothing set yet but I'll make a thread later on.

Haha, yeah, I was so out of my comfort zone, I had absolutely no clue what to say or do.

Definitely down for another meet. Hopefully next time, the weather isn't as hot as the sun!

Sorry I couldn't stay for dinner though, I had last-minute plans.