Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

katnaper

Height Comparison Obitsu 65cm, 55cm, DDII, DDIII, DDS

katnaper

Hi everyone. I posted this based on a request from Aeris as she wanted to see how the 65cm measured against a DD. I posted my guy clothed since I'm sure most of us who would use this body for our customs would most likely have the guy fully clothed anyway.

So here is the first one.

The tallest guy (left) is an Obitsu 65cm, the middle one is Marius, my Mari head on a Obitsu 55cm body and the last one is Millie on her original DDS body. I tried to get them all standing as straight as possible and picked the girls who didn't wear heels (except for Suki DDII who wore 'low heeled' pumps). You can click on the image for a bigger photo.

allen03_zps9f1e94a9.jpg

Next one shows how they all compare to my Tomoe (Crobidoll Kyul) who is on a 68cm model body. As you can see, he dwarfs them all in comparison

allen05_zps76a17360.jpg

Then this is how the 65cm compares with original WS Lucy on her DDIII body:

allen10_zpsfbbe6105.jpg

Here he is again with another DDIII Reese (Rise):

allen12_zps5766cdfd.jpg

Last but not least, this is how he compares with a DDII body. He is standing here with my Suki (Asuka):

allen14_zps7e26c8a6.jpg

And here is how his neck looks like up close:

allen17_zps5f9b7181.jpg

Its not as noticeable since he has clothes on but the 07 head is really small for the 65 cm. I advise clothes with high collars or hoodies, otherwise he looks like a giraffe. I also had to make the hole around the head piece larger I could fit the 65cm's neck piece on. And yes, he is supposed to be my custom Allen Walker (face up done by the talented Anouc) but due to ceratin cirbleepstances, his completion is on hold. I used Airy's default eyes on him for now and the tailor hasn't emailed me back regarding the outfit I was trying to custom. He's borrowing clothes from my Iplehouse and Crobidoll boys so they are somewhat big

Anyway, I hope this sort of helps. I look forward to seeing what you all do with your custom DD boys!

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Jezrah

Thanks for the comparisons.

I saw a tutorial, I think it was on Dollieh Sanctuary, where they solved the giraffe neck syndrome by cutting some off the top of the neck.

Ah, here it is.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Poofiemus

Thanks, this is really helpful! Looks like the Obitsu 65 isn't as tall compared to a DD as I thought it would be. :/ (Was kind of hoping to use it for a custom 10th Doctor eventually, but David Tennant is so tall I'm not sure it's the best fit.) The 55cm looks exactly the height I thought it would, which happens to be perfect for my nascent custom Hiccup plot.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

katnaper

Thanks. I thought about that but with its usual head, the neck isn't a problem because the curve where the chin goes into the neck is deep enough. The problem with the DD head is that this same dip is too shallow and so much more smaller than the obitsu 65cm head. I'm afraid if I cut it, not only will I loose that natural curve of the end of the neck, which would be no problem with the Obitsu head since like I said the dip where the head and neck join is deep enough to cover up the fact that it was cut. I'm afraid with the shallow dip of the DD head, it won't cover this and it would show the cut. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I'll look around Obitsu to see of they have any extra chest pieces for the 65cm so I can experiment on that instead.

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

katnaper
Thanks, this is really helpful! Looks like the Obitsu 65 isn't as tall compared to a DD as I thought it would be. :/ (Was kind of hoping to use it for a custom 10th Doctor eventually, but David Tennant is so tall I'm not sure it's the best fit.) The 55cm looks exactly the height I thought it would, which happens to be perfect for my nascent custom Hiccup plot.

You could always do him in resin maybe 68cm will be tall enough?

Poofiemus

I see someone is activating their enabling powers! It is looking like the Doctor will end up resin at this rate, though which body is very much undecided. It seems like not all body measurements are created equal--there's a pic floating around that LordNoir took ages back of a "65cm" boy next to one of her DDII girls, and that height actually looks just right. Given that JuuYuki said that SD13 boy clothes fit the Obitsu65 boy, I'm kind of suspecting that body is a wee bit on the petite side for that measurement.

It's kind of a case of Murphy's Law here: I've got two ideas for boys, where one I know what head but not what body, and the other I know what body but haven't decided what I'm doing about his head. Sigh. Hopefully I can get this sorted out before Volks comes up with something to derail my plans!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

katnaper

I see someone is activating their enabling powers! It is looking like the Doctor will end up resin at this rate, though which body is very much undecided. It seems like not all body measurements are created equal--there's a pic floating around that LordNoir took ages back of a "65cm" boy next to one of her DDII girls, and that height actually looks just right. Given that JuuYuki said that SD13 boy clothes fit the Obitsu65 boy, I'm kind of suspecting that body is a wee bit on the petite side for that measurement.

It's kind of a case of Murphy's Law here: I've got two ideas for boys, where one I know what head but not what body, and the other I know what body but haven't decided what I'm doing about his head. Sigh. Hopefully I can get this sorted out before Volks comes up with something to derail my plans!

Hmmm.... I think I will start taking photos of Tomoe with a DD and of course Kaylus also wants toshow that his 65cm yuminess is still the best for any Gil you might have plans of making. As for me Volks coming out with Mariko again has just derailed all my 'no dolly purchase' plan. I've wanted that girl since forever, more than Asuna. With my luck though, I probably won't win her in which case I will just pine away again until the next one tickles my fancy. Good thing Iplehouse hasn't come out with another boy I could go absolutely gaga over, yet.

PerlaNemesis

These comparisons are very helpful! Thanks a lot!

DD family: Miyuki (DDH-03+Obi50), Saber (Alter v2 on DDIII + L bust)

Remina

Wow, Since Obitsu55 neck look too short for DDH-07 head so I'm planning to try that head on Obitsu65 soft vinyl chest part someday. Seeing this, make me have to re-think about that plan again. Thank you! It's very helpful information.

JChiibs

This is the point where I want to say, "Darn you Katnaper!!", but I'm actually very grateful for these photos. Finally I can definitively know that the 65cm is what I want for my 07 head. The height difference is just perfect compared to the DDS. Personally I find the long neck to be a benifit because the character I'm doing is most often seen in suits and I really didn't want his neck looking short. Plus it kinda gives off the XXXHolic type body proportions without being so lanky.

Hmmm.... I think I will start taking photos of Tomoe with a DD and of course Kaylus also wants toshow that his 65cm yuminess is still the best for any Gil you might have plans of making.

I'd have to so totally agree with this statement. I may or may not be biased by that fact that a "Kaylus sculpt" is distinctly in my future plans, even if that may be another couple of years away.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper
This is the point where I want to say, "Darn you Katnaper!!",

Wahahaha!

but I'm actually very grateful for these photos. Finally I can definitively know that the 65cm is what I want for my 07 head. The height difference is just perfect compared to the DDS.

Glad to have helped. Prior to getting him all straightened out, I had thought he'd be too tall like Tomoe but I'm glad his height turned out okay. Now, if I can only find the time and energy to take photos of him with Mari's head as someone requested...

galatia9

I thought this photo might also be helpful for this thread. I just built a 60cm Obitsu boy using a 60cm girl body and swapping out the torso parts. He has a 60cm upper torso and a 55cm lower torso.

ob6004.jpg

Left to right: Obitsu 55 boy, DDSIII, Obitsu 60 boy, DDIII.

He looks a little hippy, but the torso looks a LOT better with the 55cm lower torso instead of the girl lower torso parts. Plus I think the wider hips will make standard 58-60cm boy clothes fit better.

I'll add my Obitsu 65 boy to the lineup and take some more pictures.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

elianti

Thanks so much for this lineup of your lovely dolls, galatia9! It's so helpful! It looks like the older girls of my doll family would be around obitsu 50 to DDSIII/DDIII height, along with a 55cm guy and (hopefully) a 58/60cm male if obitsu decides to revamp their 60cm line..

galatia9

You're welcome, elianti, I'm glad it was helpful! Obitsu 60cm boys seem to be pretty rarely seen around here.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Manoogany

Here is my obitsu 65cm boy! (Brown wig on the left) He is standing next to my dd3 kirito boy and my obitsu 50cm boy for hieght scale.I have a ddh07 head on his body. To be honest ddh07 is the largest standard size head so I think any other head would look too small on him in my opinion.

I did have to mod his neck to be much shorter and thinner. To achieve this I had to cut about 2 or more centimeters from the top and I cut a pizza slice 🍕 in the back of his neck and glued it together so that the diameter of the neck is smaller than that of the headhole. I Did try to cover up the seam lines with epoxy sculpt but they wound up crumbling off. It does not bother me though as he is generally wearing clothes with a collar or I can put dollfie dream protection tape over the crack if I wanted it to blend in.

Additionally, I also replaced his internal chest part with a dd3 so that I can swap out his head easily and it provides a greater range of mobility. As well as I replaced his elbows with dd3 elbows to make him double jointed :)

This is really a great hybrid and looks amazing with just a little bit of work for the neck modifications to work.

I'm really sad that obitsu discontinued this doll because I had hoped to see other customizers do some amazing works of him!

16059209603883101813616494878851.jpg.ed2bb432f88b402ebdaa93005ffb1738.jpg

16059213896689098271057823821563.jpg

16059216049304661967657277684723.jpg