The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

fudgecakes

How do you give someone else your pre-order?

fudgecakes

I'm talking to someone about taking their pre-order since they cant afford her and I just wanted to see if anyone knows about this process because I'm really really scared of getting scammed. It's my first time so can't be helped, and I'm in the US while the other person is in Spain >w

mitsuki

I don't know how to do that. But I have heard that if you don't complete your preorder or don't pay for a DD you won by lottery, you can be put on a blacklist. It might just be a rumor though. I never tried risking something like that. It is hard enough to win the lottery even without being on a blacklist. It seems if you preordered something, you can cancel within a window of time when placing that order without penalty. But I think waiting a long time might be a problem for them (after production has started). The preorder window for KOS-MOS and MOMO was a really long time ago now.

The guidelines in the marketplace (designed to protect people) say that the seller should physically have the DD or item they are selling. So it seems like the safest thing is for that seller to complete the buying process as normal and then sell the DD once she has arrived. I think it can be expensive or complicated for people outside the U.S. to use credit cards to buy from Volks International but I am not sure. If the seller can use a credit card, then that gives them time to get the DD delivered so they can ask for payment once they have her. Then the buyer can pay in time for the seller to have to pay their credit card bill.

There could also be a way to have another person pay Volks International but they seem to be inflexible about shipping address. I would be worried about paying Volks then having the DD go to the seller. Then there isn't the same buyer protection. You can't challenge Volks International if the seller doesn't ship. As far as Volks is concerned, they completed their end of the deal.

fudgecakes

Thanks for taking your time to respond mitsuki ^^

I was reading volks rules and saw that because I know it says that after that period they wont change anything not even the shipping address. I saw someone else say they e-mailed volksusa and they said she can change her shipping address. I think before I do any payment of sorts I would like proof that volks actually agrees to do so? If such a thing is possible I hope that volks can just send the whole pre-order to me? Like e-mail, down-payment, info ,ect. I made an account for the volks japan site incase. XP

Shailara

That's also why feedback exists and why you should be honest with it. That way people can know if they can trust someone or not as a seller.

I don't think that changing address, email, info etc is possible (basically you taking over the whole order from the other person and dealing with Volks(USA) ). I might be wrong though. And even if the seller gives you proof that Volks(USA) agreed to change only shipping address, you can't be sure if they will ask them afterwarsd to change it again or even cancel that. It all goes down to trust, imo. If you can't trust the person, don't do it.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

fudgecakes

True on myfigurecollection they have a pretty active looking account idk if they have feedback on there but the last comment was also 3months ago. It shows they log on frequently tho. Hehe still I wonder if he's probably feeling the same way as me because my accounts are new afterall I have no feedback either. I'll see what happens next though because Momo is my dream doll *w*

EDIT: Nvm I just found some feedback for them and all is possitive ^^

nogo171

I remember reading that Volks will chang the address but not the country. And they make it very clear that they won't ship to any other people (though I'm not sure they will have exception or not)

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

fudgecakes

Ahhhh that would make sense well if not ill just try my luck for Mariko XP

mitsuki

I don't think you have to give up on MOMO. There might be lots of them for sale at around the original price like Nanami or maybe a little more. We can't tell how popular she will be. She might not be too hard to get. On the other hand, she might be highly sought after. She is going to be entering the secondary market alongside KOS-MOS. If KOS-MOS is really popular, maybe MOMO will be a reasonable price. There will possibly be plenty of expensive MOMOs too if customs taxes are added to her cost when sold by International sellers. The custom tax situation makes things a lot more difficult for people in countries who have to pay them.

fudgecakes

I think you're right mitsuki.. Maybe someday I can just buy her head with default eyes.. Mariko is very cute anyways if I can win her hehe thanks for your help everyone!

white mink

I think there are alot of people who pre-ordered KosMos because she was semi white, before they came out with Lucy and Alice. As a result I think alot of people's budgets were hit hard and now they're struggling with their pre-orders. I don't know how much you're allowed to take over any orders, I would suspect it'll come down to purchasing the doll from the individual only after it's been shipped. But I'm still new to the entire process myself.

White Mink

bethykins

I have transferred multiple wins myself before, you can transfer address but not country

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!