Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

NekoSan22

Mini Dollfie Dream III: Lots of Questions

NekoSan22

EDIT: due to the fact that I think my girl won't be the best as a chibi, I am getting a full size dollfie! You don't have to answer any more questions, either, I've got all the info from everyone who commented~!

I'm planning on getting a Mini DD III, and I've got all my things I'll get listed in a Notepad dobleepent. I've got a lot of questions as this will be my first DD.

-Should I get an M or L bust as an optional part? I'll be getting my optional parts and wigs/hair after the doll's needed parts.

-Do the normal MDD clothes fit on an MDDIII? I'm really worried about this one because I haven't been able to figure it out on my own yet.

-Do socks cause staining? Yes, really, I do need to know.

-Are there any parts, or clothing, you guys recommend me get? I know most of you have had DD's for a while, so I'm assuming you should know.

Thank you! I'm getting the MDDIII after I get my laptop. I'll be saving up money for her. Also, I'll be in the UP (Iron mountain) until Friday and won't have any time to do anything 'till Monday, so I won't reply to comments until then, if you comment I will reply later. Thank you again for reading this and I hope you can give me some good advice!

Edited by Guest

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

The mother of one much-loved DD!<3

My doll blog is Neko's Dollies!

Bellatrix

The reply to all your questions is YES

The socks will stain if they are dark colored color non-treated, just like all the clothes on DD vinyl parts

What do you mean with clothing we suggest you to buy? it's a matter or very personal tastes...^^

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

waha
-Should I get an M or L bust as an optional part? I'll be getting my optional parts and wigs/hair after the doll's needed parts.

Dunno -- M maybe? The L can be iffy with some outfits.

-Do the normal MDD clothes fit on an MDDIII? I'm really worried about this one because I haven't been able to figure it out on my own yet.

Yep, you'll pretty much be able to fit everything made for MDDs and MSDs, except for outfits made for very slim MSDs but they're not very common.

-Do socks cause staining? Yes, really, I do need to know.

Generally, yes.

-Are there any parts, or clothing, you guys recommend me get? I know most of you have had DD's for a while, so I'm assuming you should know.

A spare part of vinyl, be it a head or a pair of hands that you can use for stain testing. I have a spare head myself that I test outfits/socks/etc with. ^^

NekoSan22

Thanks for telling me about the spare parts, waha. I'll keep that in mind.

And Bellatrix, I meant as in head caps/body suits; not actual clothes, sorry about that! Also, if I got socks, would I have to get the Body Stocking to prevent staining?

If I randomly disappear in the conversation, don't blame me, blame my homework and real life! >0<

JChiibs

If you are really concerned about staining, I've heard that CoolCat's body stockings are really good. Personally I don't worry about it so much, but I also have very little premade clothes. (I've made most of what I have and I've never had an issue with normal sewing fabric staining my dolls.) However I do use white socks from Alice Collections when my DD have shoes on and they work great. Tamayuki has some small stains on his feet from the one time I didn't use them. I have these in both DD and MDD size and they fit great.

As for wig caps I'd personally say it depends on the wig color and/or the fit of the wig. Tamayuki, Rainie, and Bree (pictured in my sig) don't need wig caps for stain protection because their wigs are light colored and have never shown any staining. Tama's is from Volks, and Rainie and Bree's are from LeekeWorld. Rainie needs a silicon headcap simply because her wig easily falls off because the weight of the braids, but Bree's is snug enough that I don't worry about it. Naiomi and another dark-haired DD I have both need headcaps to guard against stains. Unfortunately Naiomi's wig is so tight that I had to stretch it over a tennis ball for a couple of weeks before I could even get it on her head. Her head and Rainie's are both 01, the wigs were ordered in the same size and at the same time from LeekeWorld, so I have no idea about the huge size difference. Sure it stays on well now, but it has also left stains. The other dark haired wig I have (about the color of Naiomi's) is from Volks and stained like crazy. (It was just stupidity on my part after leaving her wig on without a headcap overnight!)

I think most people get the headcaps (fabric to prevent staining, silicon to have it fit better) because it's just really the smart thing to do, even if you don't have a limited girl. It's heartbreaking when you realized your own stupidness essentially hurt one of your girls unnecessarily. I'm just lucky that my two girls who were affected weren't limited heads, but I'm definitely not going to risk it on any of my other DD (not all of them are girls.)

Congrats on getting an MDD! Tamayuki was my first DD ever and I've been totally smitten with him ever since. They are just soooo cute, especially their hands and toes!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

NekoSan22

THANK YOU for all the info. So you make custom clothes? Would you mind helping me out with a cape pattern to sew for my MDD so she'll have clothes when I get her? I'd really appreciate it if you could!

gaiaswill

Personally I don't like silicone headcaps. The dye sinks through regardless. If I just needed grip, I'd use velcro strips.

JChiibs
THANK YOU for all the info. So you make custom clothes? Would you mind helping me out with a cape pattern to sew for my MDD so she'll have clothes when I get her? I'd really appreciate it if you could!

Sorry for such a late reply, I have been so scatterbrained lately.

Yes I do make my own custom DD clothes. In the description of each pic it says what things I made because I do have a few store bought pieces.

I need to have more info before I make up my mind about the cape. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't know what kind you are thinking of. Having a picture would help me loads. When is your girl arriving? Is she already there yet? (Again, my apologies for taking so long to reply.) I do have some other sewing projects that I'm working on right now, and one includes a set of MDD clothes that I started a few months ago. I only have an MDD S bust at the moment though. Bree's handkerchief dress (on Flickr) is the first piece of that set.

Do you have any specifics that are important about the cape? Is it from an anime, or just a simple cloak? Does it have a specific style? Is it hooded? Is there a collar instead? Does it have trim? What kind of closure does it have in the front, a button, clasp, or ties? Is it short, medium, or long? Does it need to be lined? What fabric will be used for it? Does any of this even matter to you? If you want a pattern, what is your amount of sewing experience? Do you sew by hand or do you have a sewing machine?

Filling in this info along with a picture would help so I can decide if it is something I can do. Since I need to make a cloak for one of my own MDD girls it is a higher possibility, but even cloaks vary a lot in the details.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Bouncing_Tigger

Hi!

This may sound dumb, but for a very simple cape-type robe/cloak, here's what I did. First, I measured the height of my girl. Then I drew a circle with a radius that was that height (for a floor length one). Once I had the big circle, I folded it in half and then in half again and cut a smaller circle at the point (in the middle of it) for her head to go through. I made that circle just slightly bigger than I would actually need so that I could overlap the fabric at the front. Then I made one straight cut from the inner circle to the bottom of the bigger circle so that the cape would open. I put a hood on mine, but you don't have to. You can just hem around the little circle, continue your hem down the front opening and around the bottom, and then back up the other side of the opening until you join back up with where you started.

I'll try to post a picture later because I know that "a picture is worth a thousand words" when you are trying to describe something. I just can't post one right now because my husband isn't here to help me with the camera stuff! LOL I hope I haven't confused you with these instructions! It really was easy and didn't take me very long at all!!

NekoSan22

Hi!

This may sound dumb, but for a very simple cape-type robe/cloak, here's what I did. First, I measured the height of my girl. Then I drew a circle with a radius that was that height (for a floor length one). Once I had the big circle, I folded it in half and then in half again and cut a smaller circle at the point (in the middle of it) for her head to go through. I made that circle just slightly bigger than I would actually need so that I could overlap the fabric at the front. Then I made one straight cut from the inner circle to the bottom of the bigger circle so that the cape would open. I put a hood on mine, but you don't have to. You can just hem around the little circle, continue your hem down the front opening and around the bottom, and then back up the other side of the opening until you join back up with where you started.

I'll try to post a picture later because I know that "a picture is worth a thousand words" when you are trying to describe something. I just can't post one right now because my husband isn't here to help me with the camera stuff! LOL I hope I haven't confused you with these instructions! It really was easy and didn't take me very long at all!!

...Haven't been checking this lately, sorry >m<

Thank you for telling me, I thought about maybe just ordering some clothes and making the cloak after I got her. I'll search the height of an MDD so I can get it done in advance anyway.

Besides that, I've finished her faceup and just need to seal it. It's not very good but I tried; hopefully I can get some photos posted soon.

NekoSan22

As I said in the post edit, she's actually going to be a full dollfie dream (DD)!! I don't think I'd really want a chibi as much now that I have enough funds for a DD .