Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

twiddle66

Manga Question

twiddle66

Hi,

I am new to Dollfie.

I know what Anime is--That's the Japanese Animation.

BUT I'll admit I am a dummy and confess that I just do not understand the term "MANGA".

Sometimes I see images of Anime Characters and the trem Manga together and I've never been sure if Manga was just a certain kind of Anime or if it was some sort of character or show or a game?

Can anyone explain in detail for me what Manga is and how it is different from Anime?

I'd really apprecaite it SO MUCH!

Galvatim

Japanese comic books. Many an anime is based on manga.

twiddle66
Japanese comic books. Many an anime is based on manga.

FABULOUSSS!!! Thank You So much for that! It totally adds up instantly now that you say it!

GEEESH! I'm a natural blonde so I guess I could blame it on that...but boy do I feel DENSE!

Galvatim

No problem. There's nothing wrong with asking questions. These days, with everything going online, not everyone will encounter manga in the wild, if you don't have any major bookstores in town.

There's also light novels, such as Spice and Wolf or the Haruhi Suzumiya series, which are kind like young adult novels. Visual novels are computer software, and similar to choose your own adventure books.

SweetWitchy

Manga really is just the Japanese term for comics. But it is normally used to differentiate between Japanese comics and American or other countries' comics also.

Like Galvatim said, many anime are based on manga. Usually because the manga is made first before it is adapted into an anime. And sometimes (depending on the opinions of some) the manga is better than the anime. For example, if an anime does not end, but the manga does because it has a more complete story. Or sometimes a manga will be based off of something that started as an anime to tell more side stories.