Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Aile

[P4] Naoto Shirogane [1/22 update]

Aile

if I have to name a character that I absolutely love to bits, it has to be Naoto. I don’t even think I need to explain why I adore the detective prince, because really, I just can’t find the words why I absolutely adore her and her character .

xlJ3k0n.png?1

It’s just a sad that despite a lot of people liking her, she doesn’t get much love in terms of figure merchandise. Yes she does have a few , figures included and I’ve managed to acquire some, but that’s not really enough to satisfy my love for the detective prince, hence why after much thought, I decided to pursue this little project in hopes of turning my favorite girl into doll form.

HEAD SCULPT:

for the time being, I plan on using my Rise Kujikawa which is still on layaway to be the base for my Naoto custom on the basis that I really like soejima's art and I feel that I'd at least be accurate in terms of eye shape. But at the same I feel like I could do much more with a different head; but that'll be something else for the time being.

BODY:

Because Naoto cross-dresses , I considered keeping Rise's default s-bust for it, but she could also be an M-bust for some of the alternative outfits I plan to have done ( or maybe an L bust even haha )

EYES:

still deciding, I might opt for these eyes by twin-snow I ended up getting a custom pair done.

WIG:

This is literally my biggest hurdle right now; for some reason it's really hard to come by a decent dark blue wig , so far I'm currently leaning on this one wig by Litch . Though it would be better if I could find a better one really :x

OUTFITS/ACCESSORIES:

I don't have to worry much here at the moment since I can always use the female yasogami outfit, but have yet to hunt down someone who's willing to commission the other outfits; so far I plan on doing most of Naoto's costumes in golden, including her coronet armor, summer/shadow outfit, winter outfit, male yasogami and her maid outfit.

My main priority at the moment though, is finding someone to tailor her Detective outfit / Persona 4 Arena outfit, as it was the fighting game spin-off that introduced me to the franchise and Naoto.

I do hope to find someone who's willing to make her hat, and I am currently considering on hunting down a revolver for her, along with making a few 1/3 scale arcana cards for her.

Edited by Guest

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

Nekopon

I don't usually swoon over anime/game characters. I might think they're cool but the only real character I've had an anime crush on has to be Naoto! (Though Ciel and Howl are close seconds- I liked my pained princes.)

She is an excellent choice for a custom but I've never thought about making her a DD before because I've always liked his male persona instead so I would have made her a resin boy. Boy, that sounds really weird to say...

I also collect a lot of her stuff but there's never enough! Really want a large scale Naoto in my room to swoon over.

While I think the Rise head is very, very pretty and in depicts Soejima's art well, I don't think it suits Naoto. That cute smile that Rise has doesn't seem right to me for Naoto. Unless, you are going to make her a smiling Naoto! I think the eye shape is perfect though, I wonder if there's a mod that can be done? Sorry, I'm really into the shy side of her... If I had to get a head for her, it'd be something with the same eye same as Rise and neutral lips.

I couldn't find your twin snow eye model even after removing the spaces. T__T;

For the wig, if you know anyone with a Leeke Preumium membership, they have a really nice DeepBlue color! http://www.leekeworld.com/en/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=1563

Aile
I don't usually swoon over anime/game characters. I might think they're cool but the only real character I've had an anime crush on has to be Naoto! (Though Ciel and Howl are close seconds- I liked my pained princes.)

She is an excellent choice for a custom but I've never thought about making her a DD before because I've always liked his male persona instead so I would have made her a resin boy. Boy, that sounds really weird to say...

I also collect a lot of her stuff but there's never enough! Really want a large scale Naoto in my room to swoon over.

While I think the Rise head is very, very pretty and in depicts Soejima's art well, I don't think it suits Naoto. That cute smile that Rise has doesn't seem right to me for Naoto. Unless, you are going to make her a smiling Naoto! I think the eye shape is perfect though, I wonder if there's a mod that can be done? Sorry, I'm really into the shy side of her... If I had to get a head for her, it'd be something with the same eye same as Rise and neutral lips.

I couldn't find your twin snow eye model even after removing the spaces. T__T;

For the wig, if you know anyone with a Leeke Preumium membership, they have a really nice DeepBlue color!

I really really like Naoto, and considering she's my waifu, I really wanted to make her into a custom DD. I actually considered making her a resin doll once but went against it in the end (somehow :x )

Same same, I would totally love for a scale figure of her as well! It's just...really frustrating she doesn't get a lot of figure treatment? There's the happykuji and the taito figures, but really it's not enough to satisfy my love for her :C.

I do love her shy side too, but I am pretty firm in my decision to use a Rise head; besides it doesn't really hurt to see Naoto smile really . Besides, it's just as you said, it's kind of really hard to go with a Naoto custom because of soejima's art stle

as for the twin-snow eyes its JEC05 , and I doubt I can actually make it in time for the sale on the wig since it's actually the 6th over here :C (but looking at it now it's the perfect color wig for naoto aaaa)

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

Yuan

Oh, this is exciting. ^^ Naoto is my favorite character in Persona 4, she's just far too cute. A smiling Naoto would be cute, you can still give her thoughtful looks and such with different poses.

Aile

[uPDATE]

Naoto's Eyes, both normal and shadow have been secured, thanks Archeotech!

I hope you don't mind me using the image you gave me,but this is how Naoto's default eyes would look on a rise

contemplating getting one or two of these wigs and restyle them both to fit P4!Naoto and PersonaxDetective!Naoto

CREW:

IG

Nehelenia

Nice idea for project. The wig you found looks great. I am sure it will be darker in person then it is on the photo.

Aile

woops I forgot this thread existed :v

12017797315_ff10e7ec15_z.jpg

IMG-1.jpg by Nemuritor, on Flickr

I think people know by now already but it doesn't hurt to update this thread for the sake of completion, but I've FINALLY finished her initial look as of January 2, 2014 . I'm not stopping here though. She may be 'complete', but I feel like there's still a lot of room to work on her. For now, I'm considering the following:

• having her head repainted to make her a little more true to her character

• Getting every single P4 outfit I've seen her wear (in game or not) done.

• Improving her wig / eyes

• Wait for the NS ss-bust (VOLKS I BELIEVE) to eventually come out

here's a masterlist of the outfits I plan to work on

CREW:

IG

chien

She looks super cute already! I think a L bust would be good for Nao sometimes too, since in the game wasn't it implied that she has the biggest bust?

Are you going to get her the outfit and long hair style from her spin-off series? She looks really cool in it!

Aile
She looks super cute already! I think a L bust would be good for Nao sometimes too, since in the game wasn't it implied that she has the biggest bust?

Are you going to get her the outfit and long hair style from her spin-off series? She looks really cool in it!

Thank you so much!

and yep! I wanted to go with an M bust at first, but when I got an L bust with my first Rise and tried it on, I changed my mind and decided she'd be keeping that!

And I'm /DEFINITELY/ going around to doing it. I actually ordered a second long wig for that reason, although that's going to my second Rise (who in a sense is my 'shadow naoto' , although she probably won't keep much of that personality ww]) . I'm actually a little tempted to try and do the swimsuit variant in the spin off novel too,after seeing this wig haha

CREW:

IG

chien

That sounds super cute! I love it. Naoto is just such a sweet, adorable character-- it's so nice to see her as a doll. :> I think my favorite Naoto is how she looks at the end of P4:G though because her hair is so fluffy there.