Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Anna-neko

A quick question about preorders....

Anna-neko

Volks doesn't take PayPal, they take creditcards

if you live in US, then order from VolksUSA. Why would you want your doll to travel halfway around the world (and cost more in shipping) if its already gonna be in your country!?

Poofiemus
Volks doesn't take PayPal, they take creditcards

if you live in US, then order from VolksUSA. Why would you want your doll to travel halfway around the world (and cost more in shipping) if its already gonna be in your country!?

Because you'd get her two months sooner--the dolls get to the US branch via boat, whereas getting one direct from International would send her by air at the same time the Japanese batches are shipping. For a while it was also less expensive to order from International because the exchange rate had changed while the Volks USA conversion remained steady, but they're in the middle of fixing that, so that isn't really a big draw anymore.

I too am curious what shipping for a full doll from the US branch versus one from International looks like though. While I expect Miku to be available from VolksUSA due to CFM's previous support of US concerts etc, I would like to know just in case licensing is uglier than we all thought it would be.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

While I've never had a full DD shipped from Japan before ( I can't quote the time I shipped Rei and Yoko together over 2 years ago since there were other things in their box ) but I did get my Saber Extra thru Volks US and her shipping was $29.64 from California to South Carolina.

So it will probably be $30-$40 for Miku to ship within the US.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

SakuraDreams

Whew, less then I thought ($60-$90). I've gotten used to seeing ems shipping prices ... So it looks like I'm might have to suck it up and order thru VolksUSA when the time comes. Thanks for your input guys!

You can order 2. One from Volks USA and one from the Int'l site! I'd go with paying thru CC. Then u can resell one at profit.

At home: DD Sakura Shinguji, DDS Yukiho Hagiwara, DD Asuna, DD Rina Ogata, DDS MOMO, DDS Ranko Kanzaki.

Waiting for: Hatsune Miku

Preordered: Ranka Lee

Countdown to Hatsune Miku.

jadepixel

I paid for Mariko with Paypal on Volks JP, I forgot they had an extra fee for that at the time.

Here's the shipping and fees from that order:

Shipping fee : 3,200 yen

Handling fee : 2,115 yen

EMS fee : 100 yen

So using Paypal adds $21 or so to a regular priced DD.

jadepixel

No worries, it's confusing how they've worded it. The 'handling fee' is only on Paypal transactions. 2,115 yen is around $21 USD. You'll not have that fee if you pay with credit card, but all the other fees still apply.

Shawnee

I know you probably already got your answer, but I preordered my Miku with full payment from VolksUSA, and my shipping was $25.24 via UPS ground to Florida.