Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
SakuraDreams

Broken MDD neck joint

SakuraDreams

My Hime-chan's neck joint broke yesterday. The head simply came off. Her head is an SQ Lab Hime head with SQ Lab's faceup, and body was Yahoo Japan Auctions purchased Volks MDD01 body. Anyway the part where a little metal bar keeps the two pieces of plastic together cracked under the strain - I guess. I managed to reinforce it with glue and for now Hime has her head on. In the meantime I ordered a third party metal neck joint for MDD from CoolCat in Taiwan. SQ Lab heads are a little heavier, and my tsundere Hime has a large twin-tailed pink Domuya wig which shifts the centre of gravity on the neck joint - so maybe that's the problem. MDD bodies are otherwise pretty lousy, compared to DD(S) bodies - the ankle joints are especially loose. Anyway just ranting away.... .

At home: DD Sakura Shinguji, DDS Yukiho Hagiwara, DD Asuna, DD Rina Ogata, DDS MOMO, DDS Ranko Kanzaki.

Waiting for: Hatsune Miku

Preordered: Ranka Lee

Countdown to Hatsune Miku.

shinegamix

the coolcat ones are rocksolid

making my triumphant return

Amber

I've been having really fast shipping from Cool Cat lately. I live in America, and the past two times I've ordered from them... My item arrived within 5-7 days, with regular airmail, not EMS. Hopefully your neck piece will come quickly too! I was very depressed whenever my doll had a broken neck. It made me sad to see her sitting there all slouched looking with her head down. I think their neck piece should be strong enough to work with your SQ head and wig.

SakuraDreams

Thank you. It arrived fine. And they also included a free gift. Now I just have to install it.

At home: DD Sakura Shinguji, DDS Yukiho Hagiwara, DD Asuna, DD Rina Ogata, DDS MOMO, DDS Ranko Kanzaki.

Waiting for: Hatsune Miku

Preordered: Ranka Lee

Countdown to Hatsune Miku.