Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Savaryne

A few noob questions about ordering from Volks

Savaryne

I've been playing with the idea of getting a DD for a while, I've been researching and reading and am probably ready to order my first girl in the very early new year.

I'm a long time resin-BJD collector and customizer and am eagerly looking forward to trying something new!

I want to build my own girl from parts and I've fallen in love with the HDD-06/Miko head. I'm feeling pretty good about this decision but I have just a few quick questions before I go ahead and hit that order button...

I've been pricing things out and discovered that it's cheaper to buy the pieces individually and put the doll together myself, but also that parts seem cheaper on the Volks International website vs Volks USA.

I calculate that I save about $25, but the thing I'm not sure about is shipping costs.

Volks USA is going to cost me about $66 to ship to Canada, but Volks International doesn't seem to give me a shipping quote. All the pieces say "(fee included)". Does this mean the shipping fee is included in the cost of the parts? I tried doing up a mock shopping cart and going through the checkout process to see what shipping costs would be but they never got added on before the "pay now" step. If this is the case I save almost $100....

Being that I live in Canada I run the risk of customs costs no matter which store I order from so that's not really an issue for me. Actually my local customs office will tack charges onto parcels coming from the US almost 100% of the time while other international packages slip through so I'd almost rather order from the international site XD

Any insight from any more experienced members would be greatly appreciated!

Ricochet

I believe you gotta go through with the checkout until it you are past the 'Payment Method: credit card or Paypal' page.

There you'll see your full address and shipping charge stated in the above it.

You won't be charged for your order until you enter your CC card number, or paypal password, so no worries there.

Anna-neko

I can't tell if you were looking at the English Intl site, or ran the Japanese site thru a translation engine... but typically whats written after a price is (tax included) .. So no, none of shipping prices are included in that part price, it just shows you tax has been counted

Yukamina

In my experience it's cheaper to order from Volks international (I live in Canada too). The shipping charge for the DD I won in the last lottery (yay) was 3200 yen, so that's less than Volks USA, I think. If you use paypal, you'll get charged paypal fees as "handling fees" though, so you might want to use a credit card if you can.

Also, I'm sure it costs less to buy body + head

than to buy the body parts separately! And if you buy the body complete, you won't have to worry about accidentally buying the wrong part or missing something.

PrettyCranium

Another Canadian here. If you order from Volks USA, there is usually a very high shipping cost, customs, plus a UPS delivery fee. Volks Japan might be the better way to go.

foo

They actually stopped allowing UPS for Canadian orders due to complaints about UPS's infamous brokerage charges. That said, shipping a jar of $4 wig wax costs $40 to Canada, whereas the Japanese EMS shipping charge is about ¥1200-¥2400 (300g to 1 kg). If you go to the 'How to use' thing near the top of the page on the Japanese store, you can navigate to find out about Japanese EMS fees. They're based on weight, not size.