Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AnastasiaNikolaevna

Den of Angels

Eustia

Well, resin BJDs are a much bigger thing (worldwide) so it's no surprise DDs would be in a minority there... but it might still be a good resource for outfit commissions? Even here on this DD focused forum it can be really difficult to find people to sew for you. A larger community may have more people willing to do such, but then sizing becomes an issue with different bodies, I guess.

zaylea
Well, resin BJDs are a much bigger thing (worldwide) so it's no surprise DDs would be in a minority there... but it might still be a good resource for outfit commissions? Even here on this DD focused forum it can be really difficult to find people to sew for you. A larger community may have more people willing to do such, but then sizing becomes an issue with different bodies, I guess.

I would think sizing for DD's would be a lot easier than resin BJD's since there's somewhat a finite number of DD body types. I haven't went looking for people that sew, because I sew, but I'm a little surprised that it's hard to find. I guess it's because commissions are kind of ugh and likely low paying on an hourly basis. There's finding the fabrics and notions, making/altering a pattern, etc. Sewing is definitely more profitable if you're making several of the same or similar items, rather than doing a 1 off thing.

pandorax249
I'm on Den of Angels, is there a sizable Dollfie Dreams presence on there? I am not too into Super Dollfie or other BJD houses, but I respect them.

--F

To my knowledge, no. I feel like there's less DoA DD activity now than a few years ago.

I've only been a member of DoA for less than a year, and there are so few Dollfie Dream posts that I feel out of place talking about them. I know they're technically allowed, but it just seems all about the resin over there.

there is some dollfie on DoA but its more of an off topic type of doll. they said dollfie was grandfathered in when they upgraded there servers ect

CathyM

there is some dollfie on DoA but its more of an off topic type of doll. they said dollfie was grandfathered in when they upgraded there servers ect

DDs aren't off topic at all. They are grandfathered because they were included in the beginning. However, DOA eventually became more focused on resin BJDs rather than DDs.

I've found that the DD thread on DOA is busy when there is a new release. But not so much between the releases, which is unfortunate.