Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AnastasiaNikolaevna

Den of Angels

Soenatte

Pullips and Pullip family dolls (Dal, Isul, Taeyang, Yeolume... and whoever I'm probably missing) are a type of fashion doll. Some are fashioned after anime and/or game characters much like dollfie dreams are (there are several vocaloid ones, rozen maiden, kuroshitsuji, sengoku basara... and several more I'm forgetting) some are original creations and are either standalones or belong to specific storylines (such as the steampunk ones that I personally find ridiculously intriguing.) Their bodies are all articulated but depending on their fullset outfit some might not be able to support their own weight seeing how their heads are so big. They come with stands for that reason.

Pullip and Pullip family dolls don't have rooted hair, their wigs are glued to their heads however but can easily be removed. They have an eye mechanism that supports their eyes somewhat similar to that of the Blythe dolls but without the eye chip changing action the Blythes have. It can be accessed for the eyes to be swapped out by unscrewing the headback. A lot of people tend to hybrid them with Obitsu and/or Azone bodies to better their quality and poseability but that usually requires a small neck modification to fit.

And... that's about it! xD

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

Gunter

And thank you for the explanation!

Thus, they are off topic on DoA. All fashion dolls are. They aren't BJDs after all. ^^;;

Milkbiscuit

Thank you all who explained about pullips, esp Soenatte, they sound quite diverse and customisable and thus I will close off my mind to them forever (do not need another doll collection to dip my money into it'll never enddd, but might stalk owner pics maybe)

And I don't mind nicknames, Gunter, add that chan if you want

Sorry for the slight change in topic too OP, I hope everything worked out for you in the end.

Home: Melty, Aoko, Saber A2, MOMO, KOS-MOS, Nanami, Yaya, Yuu-Nii, Kei & Kuu (3x DDH07), Asuna, Rise, Miki, Sakura S, Youmu, Miku

NekoMama

Thank you for the invite, I just got approved and have access to posting privileges! I'm very excited to be a member of so many helpful fan forums for these lovely dolls.

Soenatte

x3 no problem~ I'm happy to help! I only own one Isul myself and yes, I can say they are sometimes so very tempting ;;u;; they come out with all the pretty releases so often too!

Congrats NekoMama! x3 I hope to see you on DoA too!

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

UsagiTeatime

DoA makes me laugh. @w@ So much drama, such a little space.

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DD AiryChie  DDH06Emi  DDH27Nanako  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost  ImomoRubyMira

Shailara

Two years there, I haven't noticed that much drama for such "a little space", to be honest.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Aoibara
DoA makes me laugh. @w@ So much drama, such a little space.

I am a member there, but I haven't experienced much drama there. But the past dramas were indeed hilarious and crazy.

Cauldroness
Two years there, I haven't noticed that much drama for such "a little space", to be honest.

Agreed! Eight years in, and I've seen very little drama considering it's the world's largest English-speaking BJD forum (over six million posts isn't really "a little space").

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Gunter

I'm the same, seven years and all I've seen is a tiny bit of drama here and there. It is usually brief. To be honest I think people seriously overly exaggerate the "drama" that is on DoA... And if people consider the paging threads or debate threads as the "dramatic" part then they aren't seeing that generally all those are serious. Every community has drama, we do...>> So the many comments on DOA being a drama-spewing forum seem absolutely ridiculous to me.

Banders

Lol I never see any drama or hate on DoA (except from ppl who were banned, or in problem transactions), I usually lurk in only half a dozen threads, so maybe I just don't see it.

Now Tumblr on the other hand.... THAT'S where all the drama is!

Living with: MDD H01, DDSB Yayoi Takatsuki, DDP Akira, DDS Nia Teppelin

My Instagram ★

Reynardine

I agree, there seems to be much more drama on Tumblr as opposed to DOA. I've been on there about 3 years and have experienced very little conflict.

My Girls: DDH-06 (Mercy), Saber Alter II (Merit), DDH-07 (Honor), DDH-03 (Felicity), Lucy Maria Misora II (Verity), Snow Miku (Harmony), Emilia (Amity), Sakura Miku (Grace)

My Flickr, My Doll Blog

chibiponi

I've been on there since I got interested in dolls in general, and while it's a great resource and has a huge marketplace, I never much got into the social side of it. I've posted pictures, but they almost always got ignored, so I kinda gave up on that. I was never really noticed in the discussions either so I just quietly sit in the corner and look at the cool stuff everyone else is doing. I did make a cool friend on there so it's not a bad place or anything, just hard to be noticed.

One thing that does bug me is posts of mine will get deleted every so often and I'm not entirely sure why...nobody told me I was doing anything wrong, and I'm not doing anything I know is bad like posting in news threads or arguing with people. Maybe it's just someone tidying up old threads, or something, but I wish I at least knew why. *shrug* Oh well.

Gunter

Maybe it's just someone tidying up old threads, or something, but I wish I at least knew why.

That's usually why actually. They have a huge forum, so every so often they wipe things out or move it into archive. If you've posted in the gallery and pictures aren't showing they delete it and other such things. It is just how DoA works.

chibiponi

Maybe it's just someone tidying up old threads, or something, but I wish I at least knew why.

That's usually why actually. They have a huge forum, so every so often they wipe things out or move it into archive. If you've posted in the gallery and pictures aren't showing they delete it and other such things. It is just how DoA works.

It makes sense. It's too big to tell everyone the reason why, so I can understand why they do it that way. c:

Atarlia

Ive only been on DoA for a month now. I just use the forum for researching and reading posts that interest me. I found it hard to get in to the social side of things as I dont really have enough time to post things and be on there.

Though it would be nice to make a friend that is in to the hobby, as at least i would have someone to talk to

I'm finding it hard being new to the hobby

twinage

I think the most drama right now is directed in BJD Confession, where people can say whatever they want while still being anon. I just lurk in DoA for the marketplace and some nice tutorials, also it's quite nice if you want to search some review company for resin doll.

Other than that, I just wasting my time to idle there.

Aichan

I have been on DOA since 2005 before they instituted the invite protocol . I know they have periods where they close the invites.

I don't chat there to much only if there is a meet up or event I am going to or for the market place.They have a lot of nice data bases for reference,a market place for resin and DD( all in one though). If anyone needs a invite when they are open just message me.

Rumiko

I have been on DoA for a long time, but I posted few messagges . I like to lurk around for comparison pictures, mostly...

Bakura34

I would like to rejoin DoA sometime in the future. I had an account ages ago before I could actually afford a BJD or Dollfie and the account just lapsed. But I would love to see all the tutorials and stuff that people link to.

Riceballalien

I was wondering if I might get an invite to DoA? I'm still pretty new to Dollfie and bjds in general, but I love making clothing for them, and know that DoA is a great source of information and patterns. I know I'm new here, so I'll understand if no one is willing, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance, either way.

~RBA

ellipses

This is interesting, I was also part of Den of Angels before all this invite stuff came into place, I had no idea it had become so difficult to join the forum XD

Pickle

I've been wanting to join Den of Angels but I have no idea if it'd be worth it or not. What mostly has interested me about their forums are about how great the marketplace is and how great of deals you can get from buying things from secondhand sellers.

I really am curious as to why it is only invite only though? It makes it super hard for people to be able to join (I guess that is the point) especially since in some areas there aren't a lot of people that are into the ball-jointed doll hobby. I don't know of anyone around my area that even knows about them (unless I've told them about it), except for maybe one but she barely knows anything it would seem, let alone someone who actually owns a doll. Sooo yeah~ Den of Angels invites are poopy and kind of hard to get. I tried asking before for an invite online on a different forum on a pet website but no one would ever reply or invite. I just gave up.

Edited by Pickle

eM-san

Wait... what... they did some "invitation system".

I am using DOA from some time (2,3 years, I think) and it is the first time, that I hear about it.

But I am using it kinda... "passive" - I am mostly watching the doll photos, news and looks on the MP.

To be frank, I do not think, that MP on DOA is so super for the DD.

I mean, there is a lot of BJD, but now there is only 3 pages with the DD.

miamurray

Wow... And here I was thinking it was just me!! I have tried to get on DOA for over two years now. I finally have up. I even gave them my deviantart and tumblr address so they could see I was a real fan, but still nothing. I feel like it's the whole sorority/frat thing. I don't have to beg to have friends :/ I just wanted to learn more. Oh well.

Hello Dollies! XD