Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mangaemi

How to tell if MDD3 body?

mangaemi

Am being paid by my friend to watch her kitties not with cash but a new MDD body! Yaaay!

She thinks it might be MDD3, but I don't know how to tell and see what was changed from the previous ones. Either way it's brand new, so I'm glad with my 'payment' but it would be nice to know for reference.

Thanks for your help!

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

waha

Best way to tell is to check the peg for the head is straight or bent. MDD3s have the bent one, just like DDS/DD3s do.

mangaemi

Hmm nope it's straight - though maybe VolksUSA and Intl just reused the MDD2 internal frame photo b/c it's showing the MDD3 internal peg being straight too.

This is probably a mdd2 body then?

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

waha
Hmm nope it's straight - though maybe VolksUSA and Intl just reused the MDD2 internal frame photo b/c it's showing the MDD3 internal peg being straight too.

if you look closely on the photo Volks USA uses for the internal frame you can tell it's bent.

Yukamina

Any pics? If it's MDD3, the front of the knees will be smooth vs the old body has a sort of groove on the lower knee cap. The ball joint on the elbows will also be flatter, vs the old one is completely round. Also, I don't own one, so I'm not sure, but I expect the shoulder joint will look like DD3 instead of like DD2.

misskale

11451256673_838e42ecea_z.jpg

MDD Body comparison by misskale, on Flickr

Here's a comparison photo. The easiest thing is actually the elbow joint. On the original MDD it looks like a ball, but on the III it's a little flat on the inside. The torsos are also a big difference.