Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
jadepixel

DD Erio Touwa

jadepixel

As soon as I saw this girl, I knew she had to be a DD!

Volks hasn't learned this yet, so I got impatient and made my own...

Here's Erio modelsheet:

Erio.png

My concept, using SQ Labs Kaoru head:

faceup_erio_mockup.jpg

Head painted:

erio-1284-B.jpg

Eek! No hair ^_^;

erio-1249-b.jpg

My eyebrows are a bit too long and too thick. Plus there's some asymmetry in the mouth and lower lashes.

I saw someone use printable decals to decorate DD, so next time I wan to try it! That could solve my eyebrow woes.

Thanks for looking~

Kumi

You have Kaoru head! She's sweet...

I think, the eyebrows are too / \ looking, so to say. On Your concept they're more flat.

I know, that it's hard to paint on the head, because it's not flat. When I was painting my little Angela, I put small dots of paint on the head to mark the beginning and end of the eyebrows. Using vernier caliper to measure it properly

You can also try to make stencils like here http://sea.ap.teacup.com/doll/741.html

jadepixel

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I like Kaoru a lot, it was hard to choose just one...

I tried using stencils before, but could not get a clean edge with my materials. I think it's much easier with airbrush. I was using low tack masking tape as a stencil though, so maybe with a more thin and plastic-like tape I would have better results. The calipers sound like a good plan, I have seen sculptors use it before for precise things like movie maquettes.

Suzuna

Wow! She looks fantastic! I agree on the eyebrow shape, though. You should totally post those blank heads like you have them to this forum, it seems so useful for photoshopping faceups!

Averis

I think she turned out great! Maybe a couple tweaks, but she has a personality all her own. I wonder how she would look on a DDS body?

jadepixel

I think there are already some good photos of the Kaoru head around someplace, maybe in the SQ labs thread. I'd love to see a database of blank heads, though!

I lost confidence in DDS after seeing it next to DD2... but now I like the narrower shoulders, plus the ability to wear all DD clothes, which wouldn't be the case for 50cm obitsu. DDS looks a bit long in the torso naked, but in clothes she'll look cute!

Back to Erio- got her a Dollzone wig in pale blue. Really it's a bit more greenish than suits her, plus the quality of the wig itself is low. But I didn't feel bad cutting and styling it for that reason

eriohair-1519b.jpg

eriohair-1514-b.jpg

dreamcore

Ah! She's so cute! I love Erio, so you just made my day!

Alphakitty

What a fantastic job, she looks great! Don't forget to slather her hair in glitter so she's adequately shiny. XD

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

XOHimitsuOX

So cute! Very nice faceup. I know how you feel not being able to do the faceup exactly how you imagined it.

Is she gonna wrap herself up in a futon?

When i last did Kaori's eye brows, i 1st drew the eyebrows on computer and printed it out. Used tamiya masking tape on the printed sheet and cut the top curve of the eyebrow. Then did the same for the bottom curve. Now i have 2 strips of tape and position it on the head, then used tweezers to push down on the edges. Leaving a gap were i can spray the paint. I repeated it for the other eyebrow.

mitsuki

She is adorable! That wig is perfect. Are those Neris's eyes? They look fantastic on her!

jadepixel

I had sewed a button-up shirt for another outfit, but then I realized that I could use it to finally finish up Erio as well! She had been a bit neglected lately, anyway. So now she has her signature disheveled shirt and pleated skirt. I ended up tweaking the wig color a bit with Lightroom.

And yes, Neris's eyes work perfectly for Erio

erioskirt-0956.jpg

erioskirt-0984-3.jpg

erioskirt-0989-2.jpg

erioskirt-1018.jpg

Kumi

Saw her on flickr. She's really pretty

Hazuki

uwa~~

she really looks like Erio~~

Good job!

StellarKei

Very cute! It looks a lot like her~ Though maybe she'd look more like Erio as a MDD?

DDH04: Elise

DivinitaAria

I'm totally late on this thread, but wow she looks great. Great face up and wig !

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Kumi

Wow, the Twin Snow eyes are good looking. Erio looks even better now.