Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Skaf

I got a DD2 bust with my DD3 base body?

Skaf

More of an observation than a question I suppose but I got the DD3 base body I ordered just a few days ago and it very much seems like they put a DD2 bust on her. It doesn't quite fit and the holes for the arms are bigger than my other DD3 bust. Anyone else experienced this?

Innocentsake

You aren't the only one this has happened to. I recently purchased a brand new DDdy III Base Body from Volks USA during the release this past weekend and also noticed that the bust had very wide holes for the arms. After seeing your post I compared it to the bust from my older DDdy body & they are exactly the same. It upsets me a bit that Volks would deceive its customers like this.

It's a very minor thing because the old busts still work with the new bodies, but you end up seeing more of the internal frame through the large arm holes. The new busts keep this from happening with the extra ring of vinyl to better fit around the arm pegs. Not to mention it is false advertising since you are buying a DDIII/DDdyIII/DDS/MDDIII so you should get all the parts that are new including the busts

I guess lucky for me I never intended to use the bust that came with the body since both my DDdy girls have Peach Pai Busts, but still...

Also my new DDdy III body isn't as tight in the joints as Seraphina's DDIII body. The arms are good, but the legs not so much. Momoko still can't hold her leg up in the air like Seraphina can. After pushing the legs into the frame some more it helped a little bit, but like I said it doesn't feel as firm as the DDIII I already have. Kind of makes me wonder if I had gone ahead and bought my DDdy III body in parts if the joints would've been tighter or not (though really it's probably luck of the draw when it comes to that)~ But oh well what's done is done.

AnimatorAR

Also my new DDdy III body isn't as tight in the joints as Seraphina's DDIII body. The arms are good, but the legs not so much. Momoko still can't hold her leg up in the air like Seraphina can. After pushing the legs into the frame some more it helped a little bit, but like I said it doesn't feel as firm as the DDIII I already have. Kind of makes me wonder if I had gone ahead and bought my DDdy III body in parts if the joints would've been tighter or not (though really it's probably luck of the draw when it comes to that)~ But oh well what's done is done.

I noticed my new DDIII I just got is not up to quality as my first DDIII body. Feels much softer and joins looser and many small imperfections.

jadepixel

Wow, what? That does seem wrong.

I'd email Volks and see if you can get the part swapped. I don't mind using DD2 parts with DD3 myself, but paying for the new body and getting mismatched parts looks like a mistake. Sometimes bodies do get assembled wrong (like 2 left feet) and in the past Volks has sent replacements.

misskale

Umm... I thought they changed the DDIII busts to have larger arm holes, so they're probably using those.

Innocentsake
I noticed my new DDIII I just got is not up to quality as my first DDIII body. Feels much softer and joins looser and many small imperfections.

Yup this is exactly how I feel about Momoko's new DDdyIII body. It does feel softer thus not feeling as sturdy. Her leg joints can't hold themselves up (unless I can get it just right & even then it droops down). I also noticed a lot of vinyl bits that were hanging off certain parts that I had to pull off because the parts hadn't been cleaned off properly.

Wow, what? That does seem wrong.

I'd email Volks and see if you can get the part swapped. I don't mind using DD2 parts with DD3 myself, but paying for the new body and getting mismatched parts looks like a mistake. Sometimes bodies do get assembled wrong (like 2 left feet) and in the past Volks has sent replacements.

True it could be an honest mistake like you said. I asked about it and they said to bring it into the store so they could look at it so I'll be doing that tomorrow along with bringing all my other busts along for comparison.

Umm... I thought they changed the DDIII busts to have larger arm holes, so they're probably using those.

The arm holes on all my new busts (DDIII & MDDIII) are all smaller in comparison to the older busts I have. Here are some pictures:

12122735403_fab3492e36.jpg

DDII Bust (M) vs DDIII Bust (L) by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

Yuri's arm hole is much bigger in comparison to the arm hole on Seraphina's bust.

12122459635_731e7531e7.jpg

MDDIII Bust (S) vs DDIII Bust (S) by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

That extra layer of vinyl keeps you from seeing the internal frame & lines up just right with it.

12122739233_fe4c982d07.jpg

DDdy Shapely Bust vs DDdy Normal Bust by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

And here are all my DDdy Busts. The first one is a shapely one, second is the bust from Momoko's original DDdy Body (now Melon's) and the last bust is the one I got with my new DDdyIII body which looks nothing like all the newer DD busts I have but instead looks exactly like the older one. Unless they changed the busts again to look like the older ones (which would be sad because I liked the smaller arm holes)~ Perhaps someone who has gotten a new DDIII/DDdyIII bust not from a base body recently could shed some light on that possibility.

waha

I've noticed they made the holes bigger on newer DD3/DDS busts, but they're nowhere as large as the old DD2 holes.

Volks quality has always been up/down, I had an Aoko DD3 body that was floppier than a DD2 when I got it.

Skaf

I've sent a mail to Volks and they asked for pictures, I'll post some here as well in order to clarify what I mean (pardon the doll nudity).

Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement.

f7DKjEv.jpg

and a comparison image with another body:

LnIgqvKl.jpg

8rBg3kol.jpg

Innocentsake

So for anyone who gets a new DD Base Body the bust that looks exactly like a DDII bust is the standard bust and not considered a mistake. They looked at another base body in comparison with mine and it also had a DDII looking bust. Just a heads up for those who are bothered by that. Also I mentioned how Momoko's legs (more specifically the right one) was very loose and was told since it isn't damaged it isn't considered defective (but I already knew that would happen just wanted to bring it up). At least I tried so it wasn't a total waste since I got to meet up with some friends there today & bought some cute MDD sandals for Tsukiko.

I've noticed they made the holes bigger on newer DD3/DDS busts, but they're nowhere as large as the old DD2 holes.

Volks quality has always been up/down, I had an Aoko DD3 body that was floppier than a DD2 when I got it.

All the new busts they had in the showroom looked just like all the new busts I have with the smaller arm holes. Didn't see any like the one that came on my DDdyIII base body nor the ones you mentioned (though there could be some likes those in the back).

QC really should be top priority when these bodies are being made & put together. I mean I'm still happy Momoko has an upgraded body & can do things she couldn't do before, but her legs being so loose is disappointing. I've read on other threads about using super glue/clear nail polish/epoxy to create more friction so I'll most likely be doing that later.

Skaf
So for anyone who gets a new DD Base Body the bust that looks exactly like a DDII bust is the standard bust and not considered a mistake. They looked at another base body in comparison with mine and it also had a DDII looking bust. Just a heads up for those who are bothered by that.

They may claim it's not a mistake but it's clearly a DD2 bust and not a DD3 bust. I did not buy a DD3 base body with DD2 parts (even though the busts are supposed to be interchangeable), I bought a DD3 base body. I'll let them know as much when they get back to me but from what you're saying it might be a lost cause.

Innocentsake

I know how you feel as I felt the same way after seeing your post. But unfortunately I couldn't really argue much more about it when I had a store employee with the store manager telling me that this wasn't a mistake. Just try your best & see what happens.

shinegamix

you know i can vaguely remember that some time back i heard someone talk about dd3 busts getting an option of large and small armholes. we had a huge discussion over why it was insane. i guess volks decided to go standard with the large holes and pushing people to buy the small holes(which is for me more aesthetic pleasing). so i think again its a way for volks to make us spend money...

making my triumphant return

Skaf

I just realized that the base body page (http://www.volksusa.com/ddb0005.html) states that it comes with the DDIII-B-01 bust. Clearly they would have changed the model number if they made changes to the DD3 bust?

shinegamix
I just realized that the base body page (http://www.volksusa.com/ddb0005.html) states that it comes with the DDIII-B-01 bust. Clearly they would have changed the model number if they made changes to the DD3 bust?

didnt tell when they changed upper torso frame models

Skaf
didnt tell when they changed upper torso frame models

Yeah, they just got back to me essentially saying that there's no telling what you'll get when you order an item from them. Guess I'll just have to shell out another $33 + shipping.

Kymera

Thanks for posting about this... I was pretty excited about the base bodies, because I figured that would be an easier option for my first DD, but I am seriously reconsidering now.

I wonder if the looseness in the joints is caused by how they are assembled in the factory? Maybe they are overheated?

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

waha
I wonder if the looseness in the joints is caused by how they are assembled in the factory? Maybe they are overheated?

Doubt it, I've seen loose joints on a DDS body assembled from parts.

Anybody order a body from Volks International? I wonder if they have the same line on this.

I'm just totally annoyed on behalf of everybody who got these

Same line as in shipping DD3 bodies with DD2 busts? Yep, they do that.

Eustia

Now I'm a bit worried I may get a DD2 bust with my new girl. Is there any particular issue with it, though? Does it make any real difference as far as clothing and such goes?

Whispard

Two or so weeks ago I bought DD3 base body from Volks International shop.

After reading this topic I checked my doll and it's the same: DD2 M-size bust on DD3 body.

This is my first DD so I didn't noticed it right away, only yesterday when I finally decided to replace default M-size with the additional L-size bust that I ordered along with body.

But this default M-size bust (which is from DD2 most likely) doesn't look all that bad so it doesn't really bothered me much.

foo

I decided to include a copy of Volks News 55 (Miku) with my Volks USA order, and found this,

DSC_6204.jpg

I don't know what it says though.

mitsuki

I thought I heard something like people (in Japan?) requested large holes/openings. They said something like it looks better for sleeveless outfits. Is it that we have both as an option or that they are switching exclusively to the larger holed version? We can still get both regular and large hands so maybe we can still get the smaller opening version.

shinegamix
I decided to include a copy of Volks News 55 (Miku) with my Volks USA order, and found this,

DSC_6204.jpg

I don't know what it says though.

so thats where i saw it