Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hpyon

Hpyon's photo thread

Hpyon

Since I usually take just single pictures instead of proper photoshoots that deserve their own threads, I thought I'd put one up where I can dump all the stuff I take.

Starting with one I took today, click for bigger:

12461434874_3a536aca77_z.jpg

IMG_7676 by matiast1, on Flickr

Finally there's enough light to do outdoors shooting after I get off work, so I'm definitely going to do more of that in the near future. The shooting conditions for this one were rough enough to deserve a mention, haha! I bought an offbrand gorillapod yesteday and while it's easy to carry, it places the camera so low that I had to lie face down in the snow as well... and since it was pretty dark outside already, I had to use my phone's flashlight to shine some light on the doll to be able to get the focus correct. Quite the adventure.

L6vlo4s.jpg?1?2935

There's my gorgeous impression upon the fresh snow.

So, keep tuned, more to come. This weekend there's a convention and there's supposed to be a doll meet there, all 3 girls from my household are attending, so next time maybe pictures of that!

ArcticKitsune

Haha! Fighting with both the snow and daylight. I know that feeling all too well. You took a nice shot or two so I say it was worth it. Hoping to see more, if you're up for taking more in the snow

The proud master of a foxy (DD) Varakitsu, Renge, & Caster; Kon!~ Kon!

Eiko82

Such a beautiful photo. Your girl looks adorable.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Serisu

She looks beautiful and warm there in the snow! While the conditions were rough, I say it was worth it for that wonderful shot! *u*

Home;; Akira , DDH01 boy - Finn, Lelouch SMD, Cherry SMD

Layaway;;

Hpyon

Pictures from the Dollfie Dream meet at Desucon this time! Attendance was our three girls, Momo and Maria from Maarit here at the forums, two 06 custom girls and Sakuya and Alice. Saw a few more DD girls at the convention and a couple doll owners I know didn't bring theirs, so there's still potential for an even bigger Finland meet!

See the entire set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madunjau/sets/72157641130441284/with/12597288804/

And a couple picks as a teaser:

12596973873_8976337abe_c.jpg

12597297854_dd60d42fd5_z.jpg

12596973333_fabf838990_z.jpg

12596859935_40f5974462_c.jpg

12596857715_2b3825242e_z.jpg

12597288804_a684563f6e_z.jpg

12596855185_de74659f01_z.jpg

12596964043_1e52608701_c.jpg

12596963153_eb3077be6f_c.jpg

And in case you're interested in other convention stuff besides dolls, you can view the entire Desucon set here: Desucon Frostbite 2014

Had a great time - met lots of friends, saw lots of great cosplay, we had voice actors Megumi Ogata and Kappei Yamaguchi as guests of honor and they were cool, so it was a great weekend!

Hpyon

Got some new dolly stuff, but now sure if I'm entirely pleased with anything! I've wanted some brighter eyes for Mimori since the H Types she has now are pretty dark compared to most Dollfie Dreams. I'm not really fond of the color of the stock Mayu F Types, either and finding pictures online is really hard since the DDH-04 isn't the most popular model. So since there aren't many reference pictures, I just had to buy two pairs myself and see how they looked.. went with K and J type, both in 24mm.

Click for bigger:

IMG_8753_600.jpg

But those both might be a bit too bright for my tastes the top ones are a bit better than the middle ones IMO, but that overly bright irisless look reminds me of certain otome game heroines I'd rather not be reminded off.. but maybe I'll keep the K types on for now and see if I can get used to them. Which ones do you like the best?

Also in the pictures is a Volks Traditional Pleated Skirt set, the materials and overall quality are really nice, but the set is quite a bit loose on a DDS body guess that's what you get on the smallest end of one-size-fits-all, I'll have to see if it's possible to adjust it somehow.

Hpyon

Another picture of the K type eyes with a bit more thought on lighting and posing..

This time I photoshopped the eyes a bit darker compared to the original to make the iris stand out more. Looks a lot more "Japanese style" now I think, but lacks the gentleness that she had with the H type eyes?

12640995615_67501647d6_z.jpg

Pihlajakoto

I like the eyes Mimori had in the meet. If Volks could make darker eyes like the ones you photoshopped those would be great. It's like the F-type green eyes I have and don't use. In Volks's product picture they're nice darker green but in real life those eyes are washout green.

My blog Pihlajakoto

Hpyon
I like the eyes Mimori had in the meet. If Volks could make darker eyes like the ones you photoshopped those would be great. It's like the F-type green eyes I have and don't use. In Volks's product picture they're nice darker green but in real life those eyes are washout green.

The new ones are starting to grown on me a little, but I still have to use the burn tool in photoshop them quite a bit..

Here's a picture from today, inspired by the recent episode of Super Sonico the Animation where the heroine travels to the countryside. So it definitely should have been shot outside instead of in my bedroom, but can't really do much about the weather!

12840411853_746c776d63_c.jpg

IMG_9141 by matiast1, on Flickr

The camera prop also gave me the perfect excuse to try out VSCO filter pack for Adobe Camera Raw (kinda like instagram, just for pro tools) - not sure how much I like the effect but I guess it's cool occasionally. Picture itself was shot with my new 85mm f/1.2 L II lens, it's super sharp and produces lovely background blur, but since dolls are so small, it's really hard to get the focus correct with apertures smaller than f/2.2 or so, and the combination of closest focusing distance of 0.95m and the 85mm focal length takes a bit of getting used to.

Aile

your girl is super cute aaa (*´∀`*) , I absolutely loved the first photo you posted on this thread, and the latest one is just so adorable I could pinch her cheeks eeee >q<

Curious, but where did you get the wig? It's really cute

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

Hpyon

Thanks! The wig is from Luts when they had a clearance sale sometime last spring. The package was pretty silly - a doll sized cardboard box for three wigs!

807c864aacdd11e28d8c22000a1f9ad6_7.jpg

Which reminds me - I think it was pretty much exactly a year ago when I first got Mimori together, time for birthday cake during the time she's been through a few wigs and different pairs of eyes, but I'm really starting to like how she looks now.

Hpyon

12931883454_cf42c3c1ae_z.jpg

IMG_9184 by matiast1, on Flickr

Another travel-themed picture, found the suitcase on eBay for a few dollars and it looks pretty nice, size is quite good for DD too.

Hpyon

Hm, I seem to be very fond of the 1:1 crop format lately.. guess the 85mm that's designed for people photography doesn't really fill the entire 3:2 frame that well with dolls.

Good news - for the first time in forever I was able to do indoors photography using just natural light instead of the external flash! Spring's hopefully finally here (or not, there's supposed to be yet more snow and -15 degrees celsius over the weekend yet again..)

Bad news - Mimori hasn't had her new Sister body for even two months yet and I already found some stains around her waist :< don't know if it's the light brown nine9style dress or brown tights from them, she's been wearing both of those quite frequently. Luckily the staining was so minor that two benzoyl peroxide treatments got rid of them, but I'll have to be more careful in the future.

Wasn't able to resist taking a picture even though she was still in a state of relative undress :* f/1.2 fun!

13132082194_38d19676e6_z.jpg

IMG_9296 by matiast1, on Flickr

Hpyon

Spent a couple hours playing outside with Mimori today. I've already seen blue anemones this year so I tried finding some to do a photoshoot with, but wasn't able to find any within a walking distance of my home. Had to settle for a more urban environment, a nearby school had interesting looking stairs. But flowers hopefully soon!

13939836264_bc313139ac_z.jpgIMG_9486 by matiast1, on Flickr

13939440103_cf7b6c15fb_z.jpgIMG_9492 by matiast1, on Flickr

Hpyon

And a few more from tonight, two different locations with two different atmospheres. A bit before sunset when there was still some light I shot around some pink trees I found in the backyard. Wonder if they're import sakuras or something else? haha

13912055928_1273c348b9_c.jpg

14095434821_2edf258649_c.jpg

When it started getting darker I jumped on my bicycle and rode a few miles further to a cool place I've found previously - there's an old abandoned house with a large yard, lots of wild flowers and it's on a high spot overlooking the city. I definitely want to come here again!

14118732563_9dac95a005_z.jpg

14095546502_ea95eb29db_z.jpg

Today I shot for the first time with the 24-70 f/4L IS lens I've gotten a long while ago and was pretty skeptical of because of it's poor max aperture compared to the old 28-70 f/2.8 I had before. Was a surprisingly pleasant experience - the image stabilization does make up quite nicely for what it lacks in the f-stop department and being small and light it's really nice to handle compared to the 85mm f/1.2 and 70-200 f/2.8 IS I've also been using recently. And I think it's supposed to be one of the sharpest zoom lenses available so no complaints there, either!

Cauldroness

I love the photo of her sitting in the flowers, with her bag and laptop next to her. She looks so serene!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

pharaviel

Hpyon, your pictures are really awesome

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Hpyon

We've a small (?) Dollfie Dream meet coming up tomorrow in a park with sakura trees (hope all the flowers haven't fallen off yet!) so I decided to dress Mimori up with a pink theme, as well. Pretty much the same as a few posts ago, but just with the dress a little shorter since an over knee-length skirt and the long shirt made her proportions look a bit funny. Click for bigger!

14013076658_26ca9dcb2c_z.jpgIMG_9794 by matiast1, on Flickr

I'll be taking my camera to the meet and I'll post pictures if any come out nicely.

Amber

!!!

I LOOOOOOVE her outfit. She is just so cute and precious! I squealed internally.

Have fun at the meet!

Hpyon

14206045104_29f04efbe1_z.jpgIMG_9974 by matiast1, on Flickr

Group picture from today's meet, I'll post more later after I've finished post-processing them. 5 dolls from 4 owners, could have been more but this was nice too! Hopefully a slightly bigger meet at a convention next month.

KonekoHigure

The third photo is sooo beautiful

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)