Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aiRreyes

Over Priced dolls?

aiRreyes

Just stumbled by chance with this ebay seller: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=toyofspark&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xvolks&_nkw=volks&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I'm not sure if the pricese of the rare ones are for real Saber Alter v1 is much expensive than Sasara? How about the other dolls?

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

$18,500 for a Shinku? Seriously?

I'd like to say I'd feel sorry for anyone falling for that but it'd be no-one's fault but their own.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

DivinitaAria
$18,500 for a Shinku? Seriously?

I'd like to say I'd feel sorry for anyone falling for that but it'd be no-one's fault but their own.

WOW that is insane! I hope a newbie looks here first. These prices just make me laugh

Rise - Rise // Rise #2 - Rise // Ritsuko - 2B // Momo - M.O.M.O. // Nayuki -Mikuru // Romi - 09 // Makoto - Sailor Jupiter // Mikasa - DD07 (WIP)
Wishlist: DDH-25 for custom Akechi 🥰

Poofiemus

Yeah, that seller's pretty notorious in this community for being ridiculous. Every time I see those prices I can't decide if I should cringe or laugh.

Though something I hadn't noticed before is that they have Fate listed for less than Nanoha. That makes absolutely no sense--on the Japanese market (YJA/Mandarake) Fate usually goes for more than Nanoha does, by 10K-20K yen usually. Though I suppose in the end it's kind of silly to go looking for logic in any aspect of ToyofSpark's prices.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

twinage

Dollfie in Ebay is far too overpriced, even the one in amazon.com is more better (although it's still overpriced)

But I still wondered why they never lower the price even though no one going to buy it?

Or maybe someone who have lot of cash to burn have buy some from ebay?

Either way, I don't think I will ever buy DD in ebay, unless I'm so desperate like hell or I have become a millionaire

mangaemi

Do you think alot of times it's just a store posturing/bragging that they have certain items? Kind of like comic shops that have really rare and awesome items on display to get traffic but the price is set outside the current market b/c they don't want to sell it, but obviously if they find someone dumb and rich enough then they've made a massive profit? Alot of those DD threads even though they are massively marked up have watchers... so the store's cost of listing the item could be done just for advertisement online to get people to maybe look through their other items that may be more reasonable.

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

jadepixel

Well, I've read of at least one person who bought an over-priced doll from one of these shops- not the worst offenders but still double the usual price.

I imagine they make very few sales, but the occasional success more than makes up for any expenses. Just leave out bait and hope to catch those rare buyers who don't know better

foo

My guess is they don't even have the excessively overpriced ones, they just list them to draw people in through searches. If they happen to have one in stock, they list it for a "cheap" price; someone buys it and thinks they got a bargain.

Kalpn
My guess is they don't even have the excessively overpriced ones, they just list them to draw people in through searches. If they happen to have one in stock, they list it for a "cheap" price; someone buys it and thinks they got a bargain.

I think you might be right. Looking at his 3 negative feedbacks for the past year, they were all about him having no stocks at all.

Seriously, if anyone makes an offer of just half or a third of those prices, they will probably find 10 sellers awaiting.