Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arkinlae

Tattoos/body painting?

Arkinlae

I did make sure to trawl through this board to make sure the question hadn't been answered.

After owning resins I'm now very interested in replacing them with DD bodies for the better posing. However one thing I've been wondering was is it possible to give them tattoos as a particular character of mine is supposed to have some. I know with resins it's possible I've seen people use watercolours/acrylics in the way they would do with a regular face up just on the body, however I wondered if for DDs there's risk of staining or whether it's not viable because of the material they're made from to achieve something like this?

pharaviel

I'm too interested in this for a tattoo on my dds.

If I'll get a spare vinyl piece I'll give it to a friend of mine that tattoed her resin bjd to make an experiment...

signature1.png.2dfce635036c6c57deba44313bc0f00c.pngsignature2.png.bcfde356b2e987bdaa84f10bcb242282.png

Arkinlae

That would be awesome. I'm assuming it's the same principle as for face ups, no oil paints/pastels etc, but as I've never actually seen a DD with tats (even after a quick Google) I wondered if there was a particular reason other than maybe DD owners just not liking tats on their dolls

Galvatim

I have a tattooed bust, done by Littlebearries, I just don't keep it on any of my DDs to avoid any wear and tear. Even with sealant, changing outfits will wear at the paint over time, and it would really be awful to stain it!

9082790962_ca14ae171d.jpg004 by galvatim, on Flickr

9082791548_200b9ba456.jpg003 by galvatim, on Flickr