Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Dannayi

Questions About DD

Dannayi

I already know most about them, like they are made by volks, made of vinyl, and can wear most of SD clothes. But I feel like I just need to know more! My girls just got into transit and my eyes started hurting from not blinking while waiting for them to go into transit so I decided to come here. What else should I know, like they shouldn't go into water? And should they only wear light clothes so I can avoid the risk of staining? Questions like that. Thanks Everyone!

Amber

Hi! I saw you posted a lot of threads, but I don't have all of the answers for you unfortunately. ^__^" However, I think I may have the answers to some of your concerns listed here.

There are people who have photographed their DD in water, but they have said that you must let them dry out thoroughly. Personally, I don't think I'll ever be putting my DD in water, but at least I know if they got wet they'd be okay.

DD do not have to wear light clothes, but they do have the ability to stain much easier than a resin doll would. Not all dark clothes stain DD, but it is best to be cautious. There are protective garments you can buy them. Volks has some that they sell on their website, and also Cool Cat sells some as well.

Here is a link for Cool Cat: http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=415895

There is a thread here where people can post whether or not an outfit stained their doll: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=523

Some other tips I have from my personal experience:

- I always wash & dry my hands before handling my dolls.

- I keep them in a cabinet to prevent dust and other things from getting on them.

- I check them for stains once a week, if they are wearing a dark or vibrant color.

- I never touch their face-ups. If I have to touch their head at all, I always make sure it is the back or the sides.

- I always pick them up and hold them around their rib cage, I don't grab them from their neck.

I'm sure some owners are not as cautious or paranoid as I am, but those are some quick tips on how I handle my dolls.

You seem to be very excited, and I can't wait to see how your girls end up looking! (I think I read that you are getting custom face-ups done on them.)

Welcome to the community!

Dannayi
Hi! I saw you posted a lot of threads, but I don't have all of the answers for you unfortunately. ^__^" However, I think I may have the answers to some of your concerns listed here.

There are people who have photographed their DD in water, but they have said that you must let them dry out thoroughly. Personally, I don't think I'll ever be putting my DD in water, but at least I know if they got wet they'd be okay.

DD do not have to wear light clothes, but they do have the ability to stain much easier than a resin doll would. Not all dark clothes stain DD, but it is best to be cautious. There are protective garments you can buy them. Volks has some that they sell on their website, and also Cool Cat sells some as well.

There is a thread here where people can post whether or not an outfit stained their doll:

Some other tips I have from my personal experience:

- I always wash & dry my hands before handling my dolls.

- I keep them in a cabinet to prevent dust and other things from getting on them.

- I check them for stains once a week, if they are wearing a dark or vibrant color.

- I never touch their face-ups. If I have to touch their head at all, I always make sure it is the back or the sides.

- I always pick them up and hold them around their rib cage, I don't grab them from their neck.

I'm sure some owners are not as cautious or paranoid as I am, but those are some quick tips on how I handle my dolls.

You seem to be very excited, and I can't wait to see how your girls end up looking! (I think I read that you are getting custom face-ups done on them.)

Welcome to the community!

Heh heh, yeah.... im sorry about that. Posting all those threads. I was trying to unlock my account and thought by post they meant POST I didn't know I could've just commented..... I deleted most of my stupid post by now and am trying to start fresh. I know I have irritated a lot of people because of my childish ways. I want to apologize.

On to a lighter note, Thank You! the link was helpful and so was your comment! thanks for replying and filling me in on some knowledge. You've been a big help!

Amber

Don't stress about it. I'm sure other people on the forums are going to be forgiving, and not worry about it... Like me!

I'm glad I could be of some assistance. I would have linked you to the Volks website for the protective garments as well, but the Volks USA store is down at the moment... It will be up again soon. I forgot to add that in my previous post.

Atarlia

Also wigs can stain, just a note as you might want to get a wig cap just in case