Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Evaglade

Super Easy Summer Beach Top Tutorial

Evaglade

wnDWMpa.jpg?3

Hello, today I’m going to show you how to make this super easy next to no effort top, perfect for those lazy summer days. The fab thing is that it is so simple but can be worn in many ways. (examples below)

g5elljY.jpg?2

Today I’ll be using this pretty cotton fabric, but you can use what you like. Stretch fabric is a great choice as you don't have to do any sewing unless you want to, a wide ribbon would also work well.

You’ll need scissors, a pencil, ruler, iron, thread, sewing machine (or you could hand sew)

ZcuO7Wz.jpg?2

First iron any creases out of your fabric and then draw a rectangle on your fabric 6.5cm high by 47.5 cm wide – if your girl has a dynamite bust you may need a few more cms of fabric to accommodate her chest.

Next cut out the fabric fold and press a hem of 0.5cms on all the fabric edges so it looks like this.

6itX2Jv.jpg?2

Now use your sewing machine to sew straight lines along the hem to ensure the pressed edge stays in place to keep it neat. If you wanted you could double fold the edges to ensure it doesn’t fray but I’m not too worried about that today. You could also line it to make an overall neater outcome but be careful as it may end up looking bulky.

Believe it or not once you've done that you are done! Drape the material around your girls neck, cross one piece over the other and tie at the back.

m92Yl0u.jpg?2

ZFyJiDg.jpg?2

Pw3rz4C.jpg?2

To make it neater tuck the tied up ends in to the back fabric as I have demonstrated on my lovely assistant Asuka.

By twisting and playing around you can create loads of different styles ideal for the beach – you can also tie it up at the front for a halter neck style bikini.

9SWnLkA.jpg?2

HpfZvoQ.jpg?2

Here is Asuka in an orange stretch fabric version which took only a few minutes to make. As the edges won’t fray I left them rough.

J8ZmLjP.jpg?4

kBKVXh1.jpg?3

LxwTush.jpg?3

Hope this was useful to someone, and I would love to see any you make.

Oni-Chan

It looks great, Thanks for sharing !!!

I have added this to my extensive list of sewing projects ♡

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Dolline

Great idea and super cool looking!!

I have to follow your instruction to get that view. Thank you for posting

Pullasuttu

Thank you for sharing! I'm personally so lazy nowadays when a new doll arrives and just need something quick and easy to sew and this really looks great. :3

Home:

16715036352_e4fb88e1e7_s.jpgWillow