Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

07 & 09 Head Comparison- Request

JChiibs

Can anyone post some pics comparing the 07 head with the 09? I'm struggling to see the differences (I know there are some!) but don't have the time to search. Blank pics of the 09 would be great if anyone knows where to find some good ones.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

jadepixel

I happen to have a blank 09 pic handy~

Don't have a vanilla 07 to compare with, but generally 07 has narrower eyes, longer slimmer nose, and straighter/less full lips. The 09 has a pretty distinct mouth shape, reminds me of Mai or Airi.

17268433491_8bb6ec4a28_z.jpg

galatia9

Wow, the 09 has a really prominent nose/brow ridge. I guess it's not seen too often because of wigs.

Her mouth reminds me of Mai's too. It's subtle, but it's definitely there.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

PuPaKa

@galatia9 - You're right, I think it makes her eyelids look slightly hooded and it's quite cute. ^^

Has anyone done a comparison of 09 and Miku? They really seem to resemble each other.

galatia9
@galatia9 - You're right, I think it makes her eyelids look slightly hooded and it's quite cute. ^^

Yes, sort of like on Volks' version of Yu Morisawa!

Has anyone done a comparison of 09 and Miku? They really seem to resemble each other.

I can see some similarities in the eye shape, but Miku's eyes and eyelids look more "surprised" and her smile actually makes the whole lower half of her face look smiley. Her entire expression is more open, while the 09 seems more reserved (if that makes sense). It would be neat to see them side by side.

Linda S.

galatia9

Yenna

I don't have any blank photos of these together or a Miku head, but I do have 09 and 07:

the_girls.jpg

I find that everything about them is different, beginning with their size. The 07 head is huge, most wigs I put on her are a snug fit while the same wigs are sort of loose on the 09. The 07 face shape is also more square and from the side the 09 has a much stronger jaw (or more like the nose bridge comes further forward). The 09's eyes are also bigger along with a different shape. A profile photo would show the biggest differences, so let me know if you want to see it, and I'll snap one for you.

sklurk

owning both, I agree with yenna, the 07 is a lot bigger than the 09 in terms of overall size, the jawline is much more angular while the 09 is softer. I would also describe the 09 has having more of a puffy asian eyelid vs the 07. Actually I'd even go so far as to say 09 looks very asian. 07s ears are also very large.

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0111.JPG

galatia9

Yenna, I would love to see a profile comparison if you'd like to take one! Your side by side pic is so helpful, I am surprised at the differences. I never would have expected them.

Linda S.

galatia9

Sunday

Thanks for the comparison pics in this thread. I've been trying to decide between these two myself.

Yenna

I'm sorry, I've been busy and completely forgot about this. Here's a quick shot of the two facing eachother:

ddh09-07.jpg

I totally cropped out the size difference of the heads itself, but really, they're quite different. If you draw a line from the forehead to the chin, the 09s nose comes out much further. She's kind of... nosey, lol. Well part of that is that her chin comes out more too.

I also took this hand photo for someone else to demonstrate the normal vs. large hands and it's interesting because I find that the large hands are waaay too big for the DDH-09 head (well, she's also on a DDS body) and then the normal hands are kind of teeny-tiny for the DDH-07 (she's on a DDdy though). Their faces aren't that different size wise, but the 07 head itself is so much bigger, I find that she works the larger hands very well, especially in person:

dd_hands.jpg

Well, right next to her face like that the large size normal hands do look kind of big, but in comparison to the smaller ones I personally like them much better.

PuPaKa

The large hands do look really good on her, Yenna. I think they look more mature and ladylike (and the 07 head really exudes this feeling), especially on the Dynamite body.

Really, these two heads are very different. It's hard to see all these details with Volk's stock photos.

ArtCresc

Don't know if this helps, but I have an 07, and she's wearing a 9/10 silicon wig cap. I had originally tried using a 8/9, and while it was a snugger fit there was less head coverage. I was concerned that the dark blue wig I'm using would have increased risk of staining. I bet the 09 would be fine with the 8/9.

I also found the larger hands look better with the 07 than the default hands that came with the DDS body.