Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

e1293

Questions Fulfilled! Hana Midorikawa Dollfie Dream Complete

e1293

I contacted your commissioner and asked them if they could do mine as well. Did you buy yours and then send them to Ersaflora? Or did Ersaflora do it all themselves? I like the lizanna eyes, but they aren't completely accurate. I could do without the black band in the eye. Also their needs to be small oval pupils...

Eustia

Ersaflora does the eyes completely. She has all the materials required. So just requesting a custom from her will get you through the process if she has the time.

e1293

I have a couple questions about the hand sizes and body types. I noticed that there are two sizes of hands. Is the size difference that noticeable? Also which would be the best or which do any of you prefer? I also seen that you can buy individual torsos without the seam. Is there any benefit to having a torso without the seam? Can it still bend at the abdomen or are its movements limited? Thanks for any responses!...

foo
I have a couple questions about the hand sizes and body types. I noticed that there are two sizes of hands. Is the size difference that noticeable?

Yeah, they're different sculpts and, um, bigger. There's info in this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11068

It's just a matter of preference. They are quite a bit bigger though, and you don't want to mix & match with the smaller hands.

I also seen that you can buy individual torsos without the seam. Is there any benefit to having a torso without the seam? Can it still bend at the abdomen or are its movements limited?

The single body torso has only recently been released, and it's in limited quantities. You can get more info in this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11068

They look nice, but you can't bend them at all, or twist them (shoulders are always aligned with the hips). It's as if someone's taped a solid metal rod to your spine so you can't move it Melty came with a one-piece torso, it's taking a while to figure out how to pose her because the options are limited. I don't mind though! She's sooo pretty & cute ^^ I don't have any clothes to show it off though (。-_-。)

e1293

Thanks a lot for the info! I will probably just buy the whole body with the seam. That way I can have more posing options. It seems like it might be more expensive to buy all of the individual parts anyways. As for the hands, What size usually comes with the full body by default?

e1293

Great. Thanks. I'm guessing that the large hands are meant to be used with larger weapons and props. I will probably just buy different types of small hands since I'm just getting started...

kulayyelo

Hi again! looking at your reference pic, I think a Dollfie Dream Marya also has suitable eye shape:

yhst-70052297082953 (dot) stores (dot) yahoo (dot) net/ddim015.html (I also can't post images/links yet, so please replace the (dot)'s with actual dots.) But since this is a white skinned doll and had been sold out already, you can commission someone to make a modified eye shape based on Marya, using one of the closed-eye version of the option heads. I hope this helps!

Edited by Guest

e1293

Thanks! Right now I am just waiting for Volks to get the DDH-07 head back in stock. Hopefully it will be soon, but I will definitely consider other options such as the one you recommended...

e1293

Can anyone tell me what skin color this Dollfie head is? The auction will end within the day and the description doesn't list this info. Thanks for any help! Link: i.imgur.c0m/Kk3Q4La.jpg

e1293

Judging by the title I think it is Normal skin, but I just want to be sure...

e1293

The seller assured me that it was normal skin thankfully. When the body I need is back in stock can anyone recommend any items that i should buy to go with it? I don't want to buy too many big items that will add to the shipping costs.(Just anything that someone new will need or something that might be helpful for when it comes time to start putting it all together and beginning commissions) Thanks for any advice/recommendations...

foo
When the body I need is back in stock can anyone recommend any items that i should buy to go with it? I don't want to buy too many big items that will add to the shipping costs

There's been a few threads about essential items, but some basic recommendations,

• A doll stand. I recommend this one. That one's just awkward if they're wearing pants instead of a skirt. The low profile of the metal base makes it easier to pose, if it's a thick wooden/acrylic base both feet have to stay on the base. It's also much easier to change outfits when they're secure on a stand like this.
  • Protection tape for staining, but it's safer to use it on clothes rather than on vinyl. The early batches had issues.
  • Dream Rescue Cream for cleaning off stains.
  • Head cap in case if you use wigs where the wig's cap is dyed (typically Volks wigs)
  • This looks like an ordinary toothbrush but the bristle density is perfect for brushing doll wigs.
  • Water wax for styling wigs (instructions). There's also wig mist which is like hairspray, but it's not as versatile, it's better for stuff like long hair. The oil spray is great for dealing with wigs that have gotten frizzy, but use it sparingly because it can build up. To start with I'd recommend just the water wax.

e1293

Thanks! I will be sure to get some of these. What about the eyes? Do they need some sort of putty?

kulayyelo

sticky tack can be used on attaching the eyes. In case you are interested, there are some tutorials on youtube, just search "attach bjd eyes"

e1293

Alright. Any particular brand I should get?

kulayyelo

Blu-Tack (the normal ones come in light-purple shade, but you might want to get white if it's available) or Faber Castell (light green).

Edit: it doesn't need to be brand specific, but just be wary that some online shops sell putties that crumble on your fingers. Moldable silicon earplugs do work too. Avoid polymer clays because it solidifies over time and it will be difficult to replace or reposition them later on.

e1293

Hello again. Just a quick update and a question about shoes...

I was able to get a commission slot from Beyond Wonderland for my Dollfie's outfit!

I am in the process of getting everything else while I wait. Anyways, I wanted to know

anyones' opinion on these links for shoes and which size would be best for a DD3 Body.

From what I have read the foot length is 6.5 cm. Is this correct? If anyone can tell me

which would be best, it would help a lot.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=ls08_3

http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=810&B_catalog_num=29

(The first link is a size of 7.5 cm, while the second link is 7.0 cm.)

The style of the first link is what I prefer the most, but I would like

to know if its size is too large for my Dollfie's feet. Any advice is

appreciated.

foo

I'd be wary of ordering shoes from Leeke, their shoe sizes are wrong. I actually don't recommend Leeke anymore... their product photos are really nice but I can't trust what I'm getting.

Coolcat is trustworthy.

e1293

Thanks for the info. I will go with Coolcat then!

e1293

Do you think that 7.5 cm is too large for my dollfie body?

Eustia

It depends whether you like the look aesthetically. Some people are fussy about larger stuff on their girls, but I personally think it's fine. I have a few shoes/boots from Luts for larger resin girls, but I just put some tissue in the toe so it fits snugly on my DD girls.

I think they look fine, but as I said, some people are fussier about a tighter/more realistic scale fit. I don't see why, because DDs already have incredibly unrealistic proportions, so having some slightly larger shoes isn't a problem.

e1293

Alright. Thanks! I will probably end up getting them. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere else anyways...