The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Error-Chan

NEW 1/6 Obitsu/parabox doll. (WIP 2016?)

JChiibs

If this becomes a standard... it's so beautiful that Hatoko would be able to have her Angelic Layer doll. Only negative is I thought that when I gave all my Barbies away years ago that I wouldn't have to deal with clothes for such tiny bodies anymore. Dolly ruined that and the problem keeps increasing.

Waaaah those knee joint! I hope they will adapt that system on their 1/3 / 1/4 line as well.

I 2nd this like 1,000 times! If the larger bodies looked like this I'd have no excuse to use predominantly Volks bodies. Obitsu bodies pose so darn well, it's just the look that makes them 2nd rate.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Steffipuschel
I wonder when this body will be available for general release? I know they had a batch for sale at last Wonfest, but does this mean it'll be limited to events only for the unforeseeable future? :C

It would be a super big waste of design and engenering, time and cuteness. economical it would be a complete nonsence to invest weeks and then only sell 100 if they can sell tousand of it ^^

All Blythe and dall Owners would love them and normal doll collectors too.

I hope they will release it soon

K-2

When Obitsu first introduced their 50cm body, they did so slowly, starting with several limited releases so a small first batch is nothing new for them. This could be to get some of these bodies out there and get some real world feed back, work the kinks out in the design or in the manufacturing process before they gear up to produce them full bore.

MVSig.jpg

elianti

Yep, what K-2 said. Obitsu sold several un-finalized "preview" bodies at their booth at this year's summer Wonfes, but they quickly found some issues with the design when other people played with them, especially with the new knee joint. They're still making improvements before they release it for general sale. Hopefully they'll have an update at the next winter Wonfes? They don't usually make major product announcements until right before events they attend.

I really hope they do a great job fixing up their 1/6 body so they can revamp their 55/60cms next..

Alterne

Looking forward to see this body's release soon.

On a related note, (judging by a recent blog post on the obitsubearmax blog, can't post links yet though) looks like we can look forward to more 1/6 items from Obitsu next year.

elianti

It looks like the latest blog post is a review on the different fake Obitsu dolls that are circulating around. Mostly imitation 11cms, but also a 25cm. I'm not really surprised that there are counterfeit obitsus, but it's still sad all the same. Apparently they only got word of it recently and of course are urging people to buy the real stuff.

Max and Kewpie hauling out the fakes

haiki.jpg

Back on topic, Obitsu did have another blog post about an update on the new body last month!

Apparently they redid the mold several times since wonfes. They made changes to the plastic used for the knee, neck, and other places to make it more resistant to breaking, fixed the inner frame parts so that limbs won't be too loose or tight, the hands and feet were changed from a softer/more rubbery material to solid plastic instead, and they made some other changes.

It looks pretty much the same on the outside though. They're going to try to release it within the year.

kansei.jpg

They're also working on some teeny tiny 1/6 anime eyes too!

obitsueyemini.jpg

• Haha 1

Steffipuschel

Thanks for sharing.

I love the pose with the high leg.

This this mean they try to release it this year or next yesr?

Ie-Aster

the tiny eyes are so cute

I like the "hauling out the fakes" shot. It's a good way to make something creative and funny in the face of a bad situation.

At home: Mei (DDP Lucy custom), Aku (DDB Takane custom)

En route: L. (DD Matoi)

elianti

Their bearmax blog posts are usually really funny/weird and often reference otaku/video game stuff and it was kinda nice to see that they didn't go full on serious with that last one.

I didn't notice it earlier, but obitsu's making 1/6 animetic eyes when they don't have any of their own open eye anime style heads in that scale?? Parabox has several ofc but they're kinda separate. Obitsu itself haven't designed any yet afaik(I may have forgotten tho). Maybe they'll make a mini Mafuyu or something.

Ie-Aster

I would like to see a mini Mafuyu, especially one you could paint yourself. I hope this does mean they will make open eye heads.

Alterne

Mayufu is cute, I wouldn't mind a 1/6 doll compared to the 48cm doll.

Poofiemus
Found this. Looks like a review but i dont understand a word ^^

http://hocha.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2016-10-06

I see it mentions "WF2016", so it's most likely reviewing the preview release from August (now outdated, apparently.) Still gives a good sense of the proportions, though.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

elianti

Another update: http://obibearmax.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-62.html

kansei24.jpg

So they started mass-producing the new bodies, but it looks like a release within this month is impossible after all... but they're sure about a release in January!

A few more images of it in action:

nitou.jpg

zan.jpg

metal.jpg

And a prototype/test open eye head.. (Mini Mafuyu?)

sisaku.jpg

Steffipuschel

Thanks for the update. Weeeeehhhh its nearly reachsble

And the head is gorgeous. I definatly need one

Ie-Aster

And a prototype/test open eye head.. (Mini Mafuyu?)

sisaku.jpg

I ...I have a mighty need

elianti
Any idea how much it will cost?

I don't be think they ever listed a price so far, but I'm thinking that it'll cost about the same as the older bodies? Probably in the ¥2,000-2,500 range? I don't remember if they mentioned that they mentioned there will also be a non-magnet feet version though. Those types are a bit cheaper.

elianti

The feet magnets and included steel plate are basically for more stability when posing, and to allow for some more dynamic poses without a stand obstructing the view. All of the 1/3 scale obitsus have magnets, and so far all of the 1/6 doll bodies have magnet or no magnet options.

Billy's Minako shows off some of the stuff you can do with the magnets in the MDD & Parabox 45cm comparison thread. Of course, you can use the magnets with more than just the steel plate. You can even stick these girls(and guys!) on refrigerators too if you really wanted.

Alterne

I didn't notice this before, but according to the blog post (entry 54, I can't post links yet) mentioning the WonFest items, the preview version released at WonFest cost ¥ 2500.

Still waiting for this body to be released at the usual places, I want to throw this in with an order of other stuff.

Alterne

Update: the body was released earlier today on the Obitsu shop!

According to the blog, the body will be sold by other retailers around late February, and there are still some issues Obitsu would like to improve on, including issues with the knee joint.

Steffipuschel

Wohoo nice to hear. Guess i will wait with buying until the head is released. Love it *-*