Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
cirquemom

Crimson

K-2
I've been looking at the pictures of the crimson boy.... but.... something I've been unhappy to notice is his torso chest piece is a lot paler in color then the whole doll in general. and its fairly noticeable when you have a shirt off of him.

I'm not the only one seeing this, no?

I'd guess it's the lighting. The chest is angled up, reflecting light up towards the camera and the other parts (torso, arms, etc.) are angled more down and away from the camera giving them a darker appearance.

Then there is the outside chance that the parts came from different, slightly differently colored batches of vinyl. Because of the relatively small batches of Smart Dolls made this seems somewhat unlikely.

MVSig.jpg

Jezrah

It looks like light reflection to me too, since his neck is in the same part and isn't lighter.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

OfTheMoon

I guess only time will tell. more owners with more photos and so on so forth I guess!

Monty

I really love how his face turned out. Some people might be disappointed that he looks less angry/'cool' and more troubled/upset but I think that's adorable and its making it harder for me to resist him ;-;

Marilyn

This Twitter user posted some photos! He's looking really good though more sad than aggressive like Danny originally said he would be. Can't link so just add twitter . Com in front!

moumoucandynuts/status/735103637974720512

Aggressive? Whaaaaa....?

I like his facial expression, but his default wig/eyes don't do anything for me. It's ok, though. I think I'm done with big dolls for this year (Pullips & Blythes are still fair game ) Maybe more options will appear in the future.

I've been looking at the pictures of the crimson boy.... but.... something I've been unhappy to notice is his torso chest piece is a lot paler in color then the whole doll in general. and its fairly noticeable when you have a shirt off of him.

I'm not the only one seeing this, no?

IRL Ebony's busts are slightly different color than the rest of her. I don't think it can be helped since it's hard vs soft material, but it doesn't bother me and I'm usually a stickler for color matching.

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

cirquemom

He's here! Four days from Japan to California, not bad!

IMG_7046_zps2o7bt4iz.jpg

Who's this???

IMG_7045_zpsz4jtv8eh.jpg

Nice butt!

IMG_7049_zps1l9axkkr.jpg

Ebony and Crimson.

IMG_7051_zpsfjkmydaz.jpg

Comparison: 65 cm Obitsu Male, Crimson, Prima (60 cm Obitsu Gretel, modded to 55 cm with 55 cm legs), Ebony.

IMG_7058_zpsaoo9fi6z.jpg

He stole this with from the 65 Obitsu, but he's keeping it. Plus new blue eyes.

IMG_7056_zpstzzvd9xp.jpg

Crimson is now Nicholas (Nicky), Prima's paramour. The old Nicky (65 cm Obitsu) will be off to a new home and a new identity.

Edited by Guest

cirquemom

Oops. Pictures are too big. Since Photobucket changed I don't know how to resize them there anymore.

Error-Chan
Oops. Pictures are too big. Since Photobucket changed I don't know how to resize them there anymore.

he looks lovely.

in the image display you can add an r to mine it say rimg = [ rimg ][ /rimg ] like so and ti will re size the images for you on this forum ^^

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

cirquemom

he looks lovely.

in the image display you can add an r to mine it say rimg = [ rimg ][ /rimg ] like so and ti will re size the images for you on this forum ^^

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

cirquemom
Crimson came home today!

He is now Soul Evans from Soul Eater!

26680145294_d3fcf980a2.jpgMy smart doll Crimson as Soul Eater.#smartdoll #smartdollcrimson #doll #souleater by chibinezumi, on Flickr

Still need to work on the wig and shoes, but he is coming along nicely. Its so different owning a male doll, I feel he will attempt to be "cool" constantly!

He looks great! This is the first vinyl male doll that I've actually really liked.

chibinezumi

IMG_7056_zpstzzvd9xp.jpg

Crimson is now Nicholas (Nicky), Prima's paramour. The old Nicky (65 cm Obitsu) will be off to a new home and a new identity.

I like the eyes used for Nicky cirquemom! It gives his sculpt a completely different look, and yes crimson is the version of Eiji that clicked for me too. He's such a fun and different experience to pose!

Glad you like Soul! He's got some eighties hair going on right now, but I kinda like it

Jezrah
IMG_7051_zpsfjkmydaz.jpg

Huh, that's weird, I always got the impression that the 65cm Obitsu body only actually came out to about 60-62cm and so Eiji would be the same height or maybe taller. Maybe it depends on the head you use... Since the 65cm Obitsu guy isn't as buff I was kinda hoping it wasn't taller than Eiji.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Ajahli
He's here! Four days from Japan to California, not bad!

IMG_7046_zps2o7bt4iz.jpg

Who's this???

IMG_7045_zpsz4jtv8eh.jpg

Nice butt!

IMG_7049_zps1l9axkkr.jpg

Ebony and Crimson.

IMG_7051_zpsfjkmydaz.jpg

Comparison: 65 cm Obitsu Male, Crimson, Prima (60 cm Obitsu Gretel, modded to 55 cm with 55 cm legs), Ebony.

IMG_7058_zpsaoo9fi6z.jpg

He stole this with from the 65 Obitsu, but he's keeping it. Plus new blue eyes.

IMG_7056_zpstzzvd9xp.jpg

Wow he looks so good! And he photographs so well! Now I must get him!

May I ask where you got Ebony's shoes from? I love them *___*

K-2
IMG_7051_zpsfjkmydaz.jpg

And your 65cm has the -1cm neck mod too.

Prima looks like she doesn't quite know what to make of all this.

MVSig.jpg

cirquemom
IMG_7056_zpstzzvd9xp.jpg

I like the eyes used for Nicky cirquemom! It gives his sculpt a completely different look, and yes crimson is the version of Eiji that clicked for me too. He's such a fun and different experience to pose!

Thanks! These eyes are a bit too big, but I really love them. Unfortunately I have no idea where I got them, so can't get them in a smaller pair.

Edited by Guest

cirquemom

Huh, that's weird, I always got the impression that the 65cm Obitsu body only actually came out to about 60-62cm and so Eiji would be the same height or maybe taller. Maybe it depends on the head you use... Since the 65cm Obitsu guy isn't as buff I was kinda hoping it wasn't taller than Eiji.

The 65 cm Obitsu is a bit taller (this one has had a Dr. K2! neck mod to make the neck a little less giraffe-like), and the head is larger (longer), so that makes him taller too.

But as far as the bodies go- while i think the 60 cm BJD Obitsu body is better for posing (but not as pretty) than the 60 cm Smart Doll girl- the Smart Doll boy body is much better in terms of posing than the 65 cm Obitsu, which has had some issues.

drowranger

Well I finally placed my order and bought crimson (with the apparel set)! I'll make sure to post some photos when he gets here. He's my first ever smart doll so I'm really excited to see what he'll be like! ^^

cirquemom
Well I finally placed my order and bought crimson (with the apparel set)! I'll make sure to post some photos when he gets here. He's my first ever smart doll so I'm really excited to see what he'll be like! ^^

I think you're going to like him!

Sato

That's awesome please do! I'm really dying to see more photos before grabbing one myself, not sure if I want two of the same head sculpt but it could be years before another boy doll especially in a tan skin.

OfTheMoon

Not sure if its the photos but most tan guys still seem to have a non matching skintone for his chest piece compared to his arms, or head, or any other part of his body. and its worriesome... i'm not the only one noticing this in images no? Or am I still seeing things? or perhaps its just lighting ?

cirquemom
Not sure if its the photos but most tan guys still seem to have a non matching skintone for his chest piece compared to his arms, or head, or any other part of his body. and its worriesome... i'm not the only one noticing this in images no? Or am I still seeing things? or perhaps its just lighting ?

I think it's just that the light hits the chest piece at a different angle.

I honestly do not notice it in person.

drowranger

Well my boy finally arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with him.

A few box opening photos: http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1561921

I tried out one of my bjd shirts on him (made for an old CP luts delf boy). It fits, but his shoulders are noticeably broader and his waist is a touch smaller. His legs are also longer... so he won't be sharing any of my other dolls pants.

DSCN2291_zpsxhdzthgo.jpg

I also didn't notice much color difference in the chest piece compared to the rest of him.

The only thing that sort of bugs me is how tight his pants are. They make his legs look almost to skinny compared to his top half. But hopefully the jeans will loosen up a bit.

But all and all I'm very happy with my purchase.

ayameari

Drowranger, your Crimson is so handsome!

38711886265_2d1e84324f.jpg

Aurelia, Natsumi, Zelda, Avalon,

Kiyoko, and Emi

cirquemom

The only thing that sort of bugs me is how tight his pants are. They make his legs look almost to skinny compared to his top half. But hopefully the jeans will loosen up a bit.

But all and all I'm very happy with my purchase.

And his FEET are so big!!! I have tons of SD shoes (sneakers, boots and such) and none of them will fit him.