MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

ramcoy

Preordered...

now the waiting has begun...

Beani

In line to preorder in Akiba and sad to say they are still wearing goggles here. I read the article posted before and it does imply the no goggle exhibition may happen at a later date. Little annoyed by that but oh well.

Monty
In line to preorder in Akiba and sad to say they are still wearing goggles here. I read the article posted before and it does imply the no goggle exhibition may happen at a later date. Little annoyed by that but oh well.

That is really strange/annoying. I haven't heard from anyone at Fu kuoka yet (they are only showing 9S there to begin with, so was assuming it would mean there'd be a goggle 9S and a non-goggle 9S :/ )

I'm sure it'll happen before the preorder period is over.

Anyway, babby's first preorder is in ;w; My Visa went through without a hitch this time! It's possible it just didnt like being used on my phone, since that was when I last used it when it was causing trouble.

Edit: friend said not at Fu kuoka yet either

>:V C’MON...

They definitely said they were planning to exhibit them without the goggles though, so maybe at some point in the preorder period the display dolls will all have them removed. I really wish they’d say when. This has been such a suspenseful release lol.

direpoodle

Is there only the option to pay the ¥10800 deposit? I don't really see an option to pay in full upfront? I was hoping to pay it all now and not worry about it next year.

Innocentsake
Is there only the option to pay the ¥10800 deposit? I don't really see an option to pay in full upfront? I was hoping to pay it all now and not worry about it next year.

It doesn't look like International makes paying the full amount an option, just the down payment. Volks USA is taking down payment and full payment.

Happy that pre-orders are open! I'll be putting my pre-order a little later

direpoodle

It doesn't look like International makes paying the full amount an option, just the down payment. Volks USA is taking down payment and full payment.

Happy that pre-orders are open! I'll be putting my pre-order a little later

Ahh ok that makes sense!! Thanks so muh!

It's super exciting ^_^

littlebirdzoom

I was under the impression that their fabric was some of that really thin, short hard velvet. Someone posted close up pictures on Insta and it looks like a suede. Not sure if I'm just waaaaay behind in noticing this, but I'm very relieved it's not velvet for a number of reasons. The actual texture of their clothing is beautiful.

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx
I was under the impression that their fabric was some of that really thin, short hard velvet. Someone posted close up pictures on Insta and it looks like a suede. Not sure if I'm just waaaaay behind in noticing this, but I'm very relieved it's not velvet for a number of reasons. The actual texture of their clothing is beautiful.

Yeah it looks like some kind of suede or crepe material. Pictures Wayfinder posted here a few pages ago show it as well:

NieR: Automata Dollfie Dreams @ Doll Point Akihabara

It's still gonna be a dust magnet that's hard to keep clean I bet.

toonleap

It's still gonna be a dust magnet that's hard to keep clean I bet.

What worries me is the faux leather. With time, it tends to tear.

Noxxbunny

Finally after fixing my junky internet, 9S is mine I hope the wait goes by fast to at least see his face...it's killing me to not know from a good angle!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

direpoodle

Preordered 2B and 9S!!!! I am so excited, but I'll definitely have to try and calm down so I don't get too anxious waiting >.

hanasori

Awww, man. We still don't have any more pictures of their faces without visor? :/

Well, I'm glad that the pre-order period is long so that'll give me time to bide until I see more face shots...

Youpla

oh that's interesting ! So maybe A2 next ?

Monty
Yoko Taro: Also, Volks just asked us this in a really casual fashion, but even if it wasn’t a human-like character, would you still Dollfie Dream-ify them anyways? …Such as Pascal. (Laughs) Like, you’d be asking yourself, “Wait, is this really Dollfie Dream?!””

Saito: “Instead of a doll, Pascal is closer to a Pod after all.”

Yoko Taro: “Wait, we could still just force the design to fit within Dollfie Dream proportions.”

LOL

I'm just imagining a regular DD body with Pascal's head stuck on there...

tempest_strife

Preordered from Volks USA with PayPal! I did the full amount... but used the PayPal credit so I have six months to pay it off. The best of both worlds!

direpoodle
Preordered from Volks USA with PayPal! I did the full amount... but used the PayPal credit so I have six months to pay it off. The best of both worlds!

I did the full amount through VolksUSA too! Good for you, I just did it all at once -_- I just feel like a lot can happen in a year and I don't want it hanging over my head.

lightly

I'm just glad it seems like the only part of their outfits up for certain flaking is likely the boots; the outfits look like they might actually make it out okay even after years of use? Here's hoping, since the full sets are absolutely gorgeous in person. Popped by the Akiba Doll Point on the 20th and was fully impressed by this release. So beautiful! ;w; (I also asked one of the staff about the non-blindfolded exhibit time but he didn't seem to know apart from it's not now, sadly.)

teensybits

I love the game and really like both dolls! I just need to decide if I like them enough to drop that much cash on them just to have them hang around my PS4 looking amazing...

cfx

I found another set of pictures that show the texture on the outfits pretty well:

demonmiko

I've been lurking on this site for a while now, so this is my first comment, but I wanted to share in the excitement in the NieR dolls! Placed my pre-order with VolksUSA at midnight on the 20th for both 2B and 9S.

Normally I collect resin SDs, but I've been slowly getting more and more into vinyl DDs in the last couple years and I just love the way that these two look. They're the missing link. Hopefully this opens the doors to more IPs from SE in the future...then I'd really be toast.

Talolili
I found another set of pictures that show the texture on the outfits pretty well:

Looking very good!

Monty

Volks just confirmed that the dolls will be displayed without the blindfolds at Doll Point from November 3rd until November 9th.

No word on whether they will do it for the other stores as well, though...

Edit: in a surprise twist the other stores are getting them blindfold-less from TOMORROW and until November 4th!

2B: Sapporo, Utsonomiya, Hiroshima

9S: Sendai, Fu kuoka

I’ll be glued to twitter tomorrow then I guess.

demonmiko

That's great news! I suppose it's still a little too early for pictures and I don't follow Twitter, so I'll be looking here for updates.