Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

BeyondTime

2B as a resin would be something, but something out of the price range of a lot of Nier fans. 

Im guessing she’d be in the $1300 - $1500 range if she were SD16. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Moonsour

I do agree she'd be hella costly if she were resin. She also really needs a DD styled body though. I'm willing to bet there was a lot of debate by Volks designers over which medium to choose.

Aliens_Of_Gold

Does anyone have the Nier dolls in their purchase history yet on the Volks International store? They said data before December 20, 2018 would be reflected around April, but nothing yet.

Just curious if anyone else is in the same position.

foo

IIRC in the past, their old order system only showed purchases up to six months old. So if it's still going by the same rules, the oldest purchase you'd see would be from early Dec. I don't remember the pre-order period, but if you reserved in September you wouldn't see it.

In my case, nothing shows up from the old purchase history, and from my receipts the last thing I ordered from Volks before the switch was Sept 14.

Aliens_Of_Gold
On 6/2/2019 at 6:29 AM, foo said:

IIRC in the past, their old order system only showed purchases up to six months old. So if it's still going by the same rules, the oldest purchase you'd see would be from early Dec. I don't remember the pre-order period, but if you reserved in September you wouldn't see it.

In my case, nothing shows up from the old purchase history, and from my receipts the last thing I ordered from Volks before the switch was Sept 14.

So here's hoping we still have orders I guess.

BeyondTime
On 6/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Aliens_Of_Gold said:

I seriously doubt Volks would delete their old database before everything was validated. As an IT person when we decommission a server we power off the system, and then keep it for a long time before wiping the data. For a main business system we have to retain records for periods of time defined by law.

If it were me I wouldn't delete the old database before every outstanding order was filled. I would want something to compare an emailed invoice to when the record might not be in the new system due to error. That's just me though.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Noxxbunny
6 hours ago, Aliens_Of_Gold said:

We do... someone asked Volks on the previous page. They said it will be updated to show at some point. They're just late on updating it for some reason.

Still hasn't shown up on my account, but I have my order confirmations in email at least.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Subaru

It's a little late, but I sent an email to shopos@volks.co.jp when the web-store relaunched since I had to change my email address to reset my password. 

As others in this thread mentioned, they reassured my that they had my pre-order and that I'll be reminded about the remaining payment through my new email address. 

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

fifimoon

I'm glad people have asked about records of our preorders! I was getting a little nervous and hadn't heard back from Volks yet!

Glad to know it's not just me haha!

Shailara

Not sure if this is allowed, but if anyone is looking for everything but the 2B doll (or even parts of the set), I do want to split my 2B order. My situation is not as good as when I paid for the deposit to pre order :( (i was also irresponsible, no excuses haha). So yeah :) I made a post in the marketplace if anyone is interested.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

demonmiko

I didn't realize that the pre-orders weren't showing up in the purchase history until I looked here. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to take a look on my side soon... It'll be a bit more than upsetting if I don't see 2B and 9S there.

But, my goodness! I love the repaint mock ups! But I also love the dolls as-is since I thought the game is graphically stunning (haven't finished yet though). It would've been interesting to see these ones as SD, but I don't think that either the SD16 or the SDGr bodies would've been as right for 2B.

hellomystar

If anyone regrets their preorder or lost interest, do let me know. I'd love to take her. <3

Shailara

If anyone wants my whole pre-order for 2B, she's up for grabs (I'm from EU so keep that in mind). Couldn't find people interested in just parts of her set...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

jazijaz

Is anyone interested in 9S? I'm giving up my preorder too. I put my down payment of $200 through VolksUSA.

The way I would do it is if you are willing to send me the full amount when Volks requests the rest of the money. When I pay I would put your address and the package will go directly to you. Please PM me if you want the preorder, only serious buyers who are willing to wait until Volks contact me and who won't back out at the last minute.

The reason why I'm giving it up is because of the new skin color. I had plans that won't work because of the difference between the old semi-white skin color and the new one.

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, jazijaz said:

Is anyone interested in 9S? I'm giving up my preorder too. I put my down payment of $200 through VolksUSA.

The way I would do it is if you are willing to send me the full amount when Volks requests the rest of the money. When I pay I would put your address and the package will go directly to you. Please PM me if you want the preorder, only serious buyers who are willing to wait until Volks contact me and who won't back out at the last minute.

The reason why I'm giving it up is because of the new skin color. I had plans that won't work because of the difference between the old semi-white skin color and the new one.

I think you have to go really far back for the skin color to be different. Yukiho Hagiwara and Kos-Mos were the paler white. Takane Shijou wasn’t iirc. It’s been awhile since I compared them.

Edited by BeyondTime

jazijaz
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think you have to go really far back for the skin color to be different. Yukiho Hagiwara and Kos-Mos were the paler white. Takane Shijou wasn’t iirc. It’s been awhile since I compared them.

I saw a picture of the first Hatsune Miku with the latest Sakura Miku and the skin color  difference was a lot. Sakura Miku looked like normal skin next to the other one. My plan was to use the male body for my Hatsune Miku head (Sky), he's currently on a female body and I was going to use the 9S head on Sky's female body. None of that is possible now because of the skin color difference 😕 now my boy won't ever have a male body :((( so I don't want 9S anymore. 

When I paid for the preorder I had no idea that Volks changed the semi-white skin color :(

Edited by jazijaz

foo

They didn’t change the color. Fresh vinyl is always more pink. Here’s original, first run Miku next to a window, 2 normal girls and a semi white MDD that I got a couple months ago. 

DD, DDS, DDP, MDD, figma

There’s no real difference between the two semi whites other than one is five years older and next to a window, the other next to the flash’s light.

• Like 1

Noxxbunny
25 minutes ago, jazijaz said:

I saw a picture of the first Hatsune Miku with the latest Sakura Miku and the skin color  difference was a lot. Sakura Miku looked like normal skin next to the other one. My plan was to use the male body for my Hatsune Miku head (Sky), he's currently on a female body and I was going to use the 9S head on Sky's female body. None of that is possible now because of the skin color difference 😕 now my boy won't ever have a male body :((( so I don't want 9S anymore. 

When I paid for the preorder I had no idea that Volks changed the semi-white skin color :(

That would be because Sakura Miku IS NS(Or now called 'Flesh', I guess)! I have my Snow Miku head on a newer body with new hands I bought separately, there's no color difference. :)

Edited by Noxxbunny
  • Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

cfx

Yes, Sakura Miku is NS (now called "flesh"):

Dollfie Dream® Sakura Miku
Sculpted by Serika Misaki (ZOUKEI-MURA INC.)
Outfit Production VOLKS Doll Design Department
Eyes Dollfie® Animetic Eyes “Sakura Miku” Original Design, Metallic, 24mm
Wig “Sakura Miku” Original Style, DD Size
Head “Hatsune Miku / Snow Miku / Sakura Miku” Original Head
Body Dollfie Dream® Base Body (DD-f³)/ SS Bust
Skin Color Flesh
Includes Doll / Wig / Cherry Accessories (×4) / Cherry Hair Accessories (×2) / Hair Accessories (×2) / Headset / Necktie / Necktie Pin / Blouse / Arm Covers / Decoration Parts for Arm Covers (×2) / Skirt with Belt / Panties / Boots / Normal Left Hand(DDII-H-01) / Paper-Outspread Right Hand(DDII-H-04) / Special Decal
Price 66,800 JPY (without tax)

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, jazijaz said:

Echoing what the others said, Hatsune Miku & Snow Miku are Semi-White, and Sakura Miku is Normal Skin. They renamed the skin tones recently too so normal is now called flesh. 

Years back semi white used to be a bit paler and now it has a bit of pink in it, but it still semi-white. Hatsune / Snow Miku is new enough that she should match just fine. You can see the difference here if you compare Ranko Kanzaki with Anastasia, and Ranko is just a tad paler. Any Hatsune / Snow Miku should be the same color as Anastasia, and that should match 9S perfectly. 

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7831/46516686135_2d3a873c29_o.jpg

I have have a newer S Bust on my Ranko and the difference between SWS tones isn’t really noticeable. 

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

Gabriel
47 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

and Sakura Miku is Normal Skin. 

I hadn't noticed that.  Well... hmmm.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I hadn't noticed that.  Well... hmmm.

Was that Ranko's summer event purchase?

Gabriel
13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Was that Ranko's summer event purchase?

Nope.

I think Sakura Miku was already sold out by the time I checked the Summer Festival on the first day.

jazijaz

Oh my god.....I feel like a fool😭...but I never felt so happy to feel like a fool because that means my boy is getting his body!! 😁 thanks to you guys!!

I thought all Mikus would always be semi-white skin, I never read her description so...yeah 😅

Thank you BeyondTime, foo, Noxxbunny and cfx for the correction! 

Having said that....I'm not selling 9S anymore 😋

• Like 1

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, foo said:

They didn’t change the color. Fresh vinyl is always more pink. Here’s original, first run Miku next to a window, 2 normal girls and a semi white MDD that I got a couple months ago. 

Foo, sorry, I missed this earlier. 

That would explain why I find the difference so hard to see now, but a year ago it was more apparent. The difference between Ranko’s original lower torso and newer S bust is almost imperceptible. The difference between Miku & Ranko’s legs is there, but it’s also hardly noticeable. 

Thats encouraging, because I felt like I couldn’t get Ranko or Yukiho an F3 body. 

This topic originally came up because someone got a Kos-Mos head, and put it on a new body. I can’t recall the thread, but it was really apparent in their photos. I’d be curious what that contrast is now on that doll. 

Edited by BeyondTime