Sign in to follow this  
Mario

One Piece Nami Smart Doll

Mario

wA6zmv9.png

Source:

A new licensed character coming soon?!

Monty

Could it be? A licensed character that would actually suit the bizarre smartdoll proportions?

Kinda interested in how this turns out.

SakuraRose

I feel pretty stupid for not thinking about the POP line by Megahouse despite Danny's frequent tweets with figures by them. Billy mentioned DC/Marvel/Kotobukiya connections so I kept thinking we'd probably get something like Kotobukiya's bishoujo line -- SmD edition.

Anyways, I hope Danny makes a Robin.

Oni-Chan

Love me some one piece gals, heres hoping shes done well

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

belpita

Well, that wig alone!

Kumi

I'm sensing something along these lines:

TYME04381_01.jpg

Kalle

Well, I guess this means we can get some clothes that'll suit the largest bust sizes now.

LAOiCdW.gif

belpita
I'm sensing something along these lines:

TYME04381_01.jpg

That really isn't my style at all. I'm all for xsmall busts. But that hair colour is amazing! I hope it's a new sculpt and not just a repaint.

Eiko82

That really isn't my style at all. I'm all for xsmall busts. But that hair colour is amazing! I hope it's a new sculpt and not just a repaint.

I'm the same. I'm just curious to see if it's a new sculpt or not.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

NeeP

I am wondering if they may consider to do one of the male characters from One Piece... I would think that Sanji would be interesting, Ace and the older Coby.

LOL... can you imagine a Usopp doll?

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Eiko82

Danny just posted a picture of Nami :

She looks like a new sculpt. I'm not a One Piece fan but I think she looks really cool ^___^

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty

I think the sculpt looks really good so far. Looks like collabing with Megahouse paid off.

In terms of looking like Nami I think her eyes could be a little bigger though.

SolicitorPirate

While I don't personally like the One Piece aesthetic, I think this is the first time Danny really captured the licensed character's look and feel

Suzuna
While I don't personally like the One Piece aesthetic, I think this is the first time Danny really captured the licensed character's look and feel

Same, I hate how One Piece looks but this is a good adaptation.

Talolili

I gotta say she looks pretty darn good.

Very expressive and without the "flatness" of other sculpts. I don't think I'll be getting her, as I'm not a One Piece fan either but I'm looking forward to more collabs.

Misuka

Dang, she looks really good. Also like the rest of you, not a One Piece fan but it looks like a really good adaptation. I imagine a lot of fans will be happy with her.

belpita

Still coveting that amazing wig! I also liked the detail with the tattoo, but that huge bust is not for me.

Looking forward to seeing more collabs, though.

NeeP

It is a nice adaption, but the eyes still look a little 'off' to me. Maybe I am thinking they should be larger and rounder?

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

SakuraRose
It is a nice adaption, but the eyes still look a little 'off' to me. Maybe I am thinking they should be larger and rounder?

I think that or they should have smaller pupils and more eye whites, since the art style of OP is more like that. It's still a pretty good adaptation, I think. The sculpt is pretty on-point and the SmD body aesthetic fits her. Unlike Gourai who basically looks like Chitose in cosplay imo...

magique

This a dang good adaption and it bodes well for Danny's future collabs. Finally, he's broken out of same face! I'm excited.

Bellatrix

I actually kinda like her facials, especially compared to other, more plain, Sdoll sculpts.

I understand that Danny needs to find room in a market that already offers valuable products, and that he has to do it with his own style regarding shapes and sculptures, but before Nami I have never been a fan of Sdolls at all.

I think he made an excellent job improving his previous sculpts, but keeping a distinctive Sdoll style.

Since I'm not an OP fan, I'll pass on this. But I'm really looking forward to seeing more collabs.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

LariesDollHouse

I'm not a OP but DANG

She's a STUNNER. I might have to grab her!

♥She who leaves a trail of glitter, is never forgotten♥

It_Maybe459

She is lovely, but don’t know if I’m sold on her face up.

Wonder what she would look like with less orange/red colour around her eyes?