Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Mario

One Piece Nami Smart Doll

Ayuuya

Sweet! COngrats on getting her! May I ask a picture of her box? I've read a few message before yours that it is a special box made out for her, and I am curious to see how it looks like :3

Thank you ^^

I don't think the box is special? Only that it came with the new 'keep calm carry a smart doll' bags?

4fAQ9a0m.jpg

outer box

WKtRaNwm.jpg

directly inside the outer box

Au2itC7m.jpg

inside the bag is bubble wrap mummy-Nami & smaller version of outer box

6NdvA5Em.jpg?1

inside the smaller box is the telescopic posing pole & her sandals. The only thing I can think of that would be different is the business/name card? It doesn't have anything different on the back, just the standard -read the welcome guide & here are basic things to keep your smartdoll looking smart &etc - kind of things.

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I'm not a One Piece fan but she's cute! Congrats! Is it just me or does the Nami head have more dimension than the other SMD Sculpts? I could be wrong, but I love that head.

cfx
Is it just me or does the Nami head have more dimension than the other SMD Sculpts? I could be wrong, but I love that head.

That's my impression as well. The Girls and Panzer Smart Dolls still looked very much like his other sculpts while this one looks like the character and looks very unique. If I saw a picture of her and didn't know what she was it would be just as easy for me to think she was a Volks doll as a Smart Doll.

Bellatrix

Sweet! COngrats on getting her! May I ask a picture of her box? I've read a few message before yours that it is a special box made out for her, and I am curious to see how it looks like :3

Thank you ^^

I don't think the box is special? Only that it came with the new 'keep calm carry a smart doll' bags?

4fAQ9a0m.jpg

outer box

WKtRaNwm.jpg

directly inside the outer box

Au2itC7m.jpg

inside the bag is bubble wrap mummy-Nami & smaller version of outer box

6NdvA5Em.jpg?1

inside the smaller box is the telescopic posing pole & her sandals. The only thing I can think of that would be different is the business/name card? It doesn't have anything different on the back, just the standard -read the welcome guide & here are basic things to keep your smartdoll looking smart &etc - kind of things.

Yeah, it actually looks the same! Thanks for providing the pics

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

galatia9

Ayuuya, she is SO beautiful!! No wonder you are in love with her. Finally a SmartDoll that I am smitten with!! Would love to see more pictures!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Monty
Is it just me or does the Nami head have more dimension than the other SMD Sculpts? I could be wrong, but I love that head.

That's my impression as well. The Girls and Panzer Smart Dolls still looked very much like his other sculpts while this one looks like the character and looks very unique. If I saw a picture of her and didn't know what she was it would be just as easy for me to think she was a Volks doll as a Smart Doll.

This is because she is a collab with megahouse, who most likely handled the sculpting part. If more collabs like this happened then it would be much more beneficial to the licensed character line IMO. The others all look like CJ characters cosplaying to me. I'm curious about who is sculpting his new idolm@ster doll.

I'm glad that she's a regular doll with removable wig after all but I still have no idea why Bandai said the wig couldn't be removed.

cfx
This is because she is a collab with megahouse, who most likely handled the sculpting part. If more collabs like this happened then it would be much more beneficial to the licensed character line IMO. The others all look like CJ characters cosplaying to me. I'm curious about who is sculpting his new idolm@ster doll.

The iM@S doll was on my mind too because I was hoping like with Nami that she'll actually look like the character. CJ characters cosplaying is a good way to put it for the Girls and Panzer line.

I'm glad that she's a regular doll with removable wig after all but I still have no idea why Bandai said the wig couldn't be removed.

I didn't know they said that but it's odd. I was aware of the stuff about her requiring to be shipped assembled. While that is a bit odd as well, I can see various reasons for it because some companies are very specific in how they want their properties viewed; i.e. maybe not wanting customers to open the box and see Nami bald or nude as their first impression, especially since people may have bought her who aren't otherwise familiar with how these dolls work.

Ayuuya

GfB26eil.jpg

I forgot that Smart Dolls had larger busts than DDs...

Yeah, it actually looks the same! Thanks for providing the pics

No problem, I'm glad I could help ^^

Ayuuya, she is SO beautiful!! No wonder you are in love with her. Finally a SmartDoll that I am smitten with!! Would love to see more pictures!

Linda S.

galatia9

Thank you~ I had wanted a Smart Doll for awhile, but none of the faces really appealed to me at the time. At the moment I'm trying to balance between taking lots of pictures of Nami and working on the march of dolls prompt on instagram

I didn't know they said that but it's odd. I was aware of the stuff about her requiring to be shipped assembled. While that is a bit odd as well, I can see various reasons for it because some companies are very specific in how they want their properties viewed; i.e. maybe not wanting customers to open the box and see Nami bald or nude as their first impression, especially since people may have bought her who aren't otherwise familiar with how these dolls work.

RyPgNR8l.jpg

To be fair, she does look rather odd without her wig. She also had a small square of double sided tape on the back of her head to help keep her wig in place.... Not really sure it was necessary during shipping, but I guess it might be more for keeping it from moving when you unwrap her head?

cfx
GfB26eil.jpg

I forgot that Smart Dolls had larger busts than DDs...

That book or whatever in the background that says "SEX POT" on it is the perfect touch.

RyPgNR8l.jpg

To be fair, she does look rather odd without her wig. She also had a small square of double sided tape on the back of her head to help keep her wig in place.... Not really sure it was necessary during shipping, but I guess it might be more for keeping it from moving when you unwrap her head?

I think all these dolls without wigs look a bit odd and kind of like those formless alens but the Smart Dolls seem to have a somewhat more elongated head than Volks Dollfies so I think they look more weird.

galatia9

"No plans to restock". That's what I get for not paying attention!!

Linda S.

galatia9

MugenTenshinFRD
"No plans to restock". That's what I get for not paying attention!!

Linda S.

galatia9

Same thing happened to my friend. He didn't check for a while, but when he checked the pre-orders were closed already. He's looking all over the place to buy it right now. I've seen them go for crazy prices already, unfortunately.

Japan 2016 memories

10-2016:

Hatsune Miku finally home!

Upcoming family member: Snow Miku

Playstation: MugenTenshinFRD

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/FerdieFB23

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75674706@N06/

galatia9
Same thing happened to my friend. He didn't check for a while, but when he checked the pre-orders were closed already. He's looking all over the place to buy it right now. I've seen them go for crazy prices already, unfortunately.

I believe it! I'm not heartbroken, but she is really wonderful and I would have liked to have her. I guess we can hope for more collaborations!

I don't regularly prowl Danny's website, but if we preview another doll of his here that I love, I won't snooze! I love Melody too.

Linda S.

galatia9

SuzzetteMarmalade

I wish I could have gotten her when she came out, sadly wasn't checking regularly enough to have gotten her

belpita

If you want to make sure not to miss updates, it's best to follow his social media. He's on Twitter, FB and IG.

Ai Priestess

(Secretly hoping that they will do the rest of the crew one day.)