Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

senyac

new Cocoa skin

NeeP

Hmmm.

According to the new tweet, Danny says he is gonna mixed a different vinyl and let the fans decide which colour will make to production.

SMART DOLL by DANNY @MiraiRobotics

·

1h

New Cocoa skin tone candidate is DIC edition 15:-311 but I will also make 328 and let you choose which makes it to production.

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

bbotss

Hmm, the other shade seems a lot lighter compared to the first new cocoa. More like a darker shade of their tea skin, but it could just be my screen. Maybe they're having trouble coming up with suitable faceup colours for the first new cocoa?

baldylox
I thought I could take my time to get Moonlight, but I only want her in the old cocoa skintone!

Well I'm in the same boat but luckily, a good friend is going to Japan at the end of this month and he's agreed to pick me up the older skin tone Moonlight as an unassembled kit! So I get to save money on her and get the skin tone I wanted! The only bad part is that I have to come up with the money needed BEFORE the end of this month. That's not gonna be easy. But I *will* have my Moonlight!

As an update to this, it seems I won't be getting Ed to get me a Moonlight on his visit.

Danny sent me a very threatening email that basically said he only has a few Moonlights left and that once they were gone, that was it. So basically he has forced me to purchase her last night online along with a bigger bust and a pack of hands so that I get the girl in the skin tone that I want.

Damn you all to hell Danny for making me spend more money than I wanted to in order to get the girl I really want. Well played sir.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

bbotss

Danny sent me a very threatening email that basically said he only has a few Moonlights left and that once they were gone, that was it. So basically he has forced me to purchase her last night online along with a bigger bust and a pack of hands so that I get the girl in the skin tone that I want.

Damn you all to hell Danny for making me spend more money than I wanted to in order to get the girl I really want. Well played sir.

Billy

I lol'd at this, sorry I got the same email from him too, but I decided to leave it to fate to decide if I'm meant to get a Moonlight or not. This couple of weeks one of my dogs has been down with diarrhea every now and then, and it's hard to get enthusiastic about dolly arrivals when I have to be prepared to run to the vet anytime. So I'm leaving Moonlight till my dog feels better, which is hopefully soon. I either get a gorgeous girl or I get to save money, not a bad option either way

But, GRATS ON YOUR MOONLIGHT!!! Please post some photos when you get her!!!

baldylox
I lol'd at this, sorry

Heh, I wrote it to be funny so I'm glad you thought it was.

I got the same email from him too, but I decided to leave it to fate to decide if I'm meant to get a Moonlight or not.

I was going to do the same thing but my brain couldn't stop thinking about NOT getting her so I had to act. I would have preferred to pay less and have her picked up by my friend but there was no guarantee there'd be any left by the time he got there. Even tho she cost me more, I still think she's worth it and I get the version I really want. Sometimes you have to pay to play.

This couple of weeks one of my dogs has been down with diarrhea every now and then, and it's hard to get enthusiastic about dolly arrivals when I have to be prepared to run to the vet anytime. So I'm leaving Moonlight till my dog feels better, which is hopefully soon. I either get a gorgeous girl or I get to save money, not a bad option either way

Aww, I hope your dog gets better soon! Nothing gets you down like a sick pet.

But, GRATS ON YOUR MOONLIGHT!!! Please post some photos when you get her!!!

Thank you! I will definitely share photos of her here once she arrives!

Billy

bbotss

I think Moonlight is no longer available online. I was prepared to put her in my cart yesterday but the sports bra option was greyed out for her, although the apparel set option was still available, which was weird because I thought the sports bra set was in both options. So I asked Danny on Twitter and he was kind enough to tweak inventory for me to purchase her with just the sports bra set. Seems like it's lucky I got her yesterday!

Also, I just saw the Moonlight in the new cocoa skin on IG, is it me or does she look shiny?

freakie-oppa
:o I think Moonlight is no longer available online. I was prepared to put her in my cart yesterday but the sports bra option was greyed out for her, although the apparel set option was still available, which was weird because I thought the sports bra set was in both options. So I asked Danny on Twitter and he was kind enough to tweak inventory for me to purchase her with just the sports bra set. Seems like it's lucky I got her yesterday!

Also, I just saw the Moonlight in the new cocoa skin on IG, is it me or does she look shiny?

Wooo! Congratulations on your new girl, so lucky that you kinda got her in the nick of time I believe Danny is beginning to phase out the old cocoa skin to be replaced with the new skin tone.

The thing is, is that the new shade is ALOT darker than even the old cocoa skin who could get away with a matte finish due to the fact she was kinda purple and of a lighter tone. The NEW one however, is so dark that the original vinyl shine would be noticed more prominently as of compared to the lighter skin tone. Its just the science of colour, I guess

Mimiyo3

Yep. she's no shinier than my milk chitose is. The shine just shows up more because of her dark skin. This happens with actual people too btw so it's honestly not a bad thing at all. Just the nature of dark skin on dolls and people. Danny could benefit from some positively JET black makeup for them, or go the other way entirely and do colored eye lashes which would kinda limit how natural some wig colors would look. or try and do something that looks like colored eye liner to help separate.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

bbotss

The thing is, is that the new shade is ALOT darker than even the old cocoa skin who could get away with a matte finish due to the fact she was kinda purple and of a lighter tone. The NEW one however, is so dark that the original vinyl shine would be noticed more prominently as of compared to the lighter skin tone. Its just the science of colour, I guess

Oh I see! I thought it was the faceup that was making her look all bronzy. I've never had tan dolls before; Moonlight will be my second vinyl doll after Asuna, and my resin girls were mostly fantasy skintones or normal skin, so this is uncharted territory for me. Part of me is tempted to get another doll in the new cocoa if it gets picked for production, it looks more delicious each time I see it.

Yep. she's no shinier than my milk chitose is. The shine just shows up more because of her dark skin. This happens with actual people too btw so it's honestly not a bad thing at all. Just the nature of dark skin on dolls and people. Danny could benefit from some positively JET black makeup for them, or go the other way entirely and do colored eye lashes which would kinda limit how natural some wig colors would look. or try and do something that looks like colored eye liner to help separate.

Ah, I didn't mean it was a bad thing, hope it didn't come across that way. It's just that the new cocoa Harmony didn't look as shiny in the face, so I was wondering if it was the faceup that was causing the difference

Mimiyo3

Oh I didn't mean it like that. Just there seemed to be a lot of people on Danny's social media in particular who didn't understand it and were just like "Why is she so shiny???" Which, I don't take as rudeness, just being a little thoughtless.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Panda_Dolliess

I love the new skin tone! There aren't too many chocolate dolls on the market and some of the few that do have grey undertones that make them look like dark elves. I can't insert the link, but I think Danny posted on his Facebook that he was going to test a lighter cocoa skin tone. He hasn't made any new announcements regarding it though...

Mysha

I was able to take a photo of this dark beauty and thought you may want to see it

Believe me, the color is beautiful in person.

37159241502_9432d3063f_c.jpgDSC04981 by Mysha, on Flickr

And yes, Danny told me that he is going to make another shade and ask black skin people which one they prefer. He's not planning to make both, but... he will see

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Eiko82

Wow, the new skin colour is really dark.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Monty

That red blush just looks bizarre to me. He ought to take some notes from the way people do faceups on darker skinned resin dolls because there's just something really odd about it.

magique

Ahhh, that shade is beautiful. The face Up is weird but omg that's such a nice color! Way more realistic too.

Mimiyo3

She is gorgeous! That red blush is kinda weird though... Oh well, If I get a moonlight I'll be tempted to get her a custom faceup anyways.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

baldylox

Another update to my Moonlight escapades....

I got her home!

I'm lucky to have ordered her when I did because it seems that less than a week after Danny sent out that email, she sold out online and in the store. They still have some busts and hands for her so there's that if anyone needs them but they won't last long.

Anyway, she is amazing in person. I'm so happy I didn't wait around and possibly lose her because I'm so in love with her look.

36622452623_4c49c348c7_z.jpgMoonlight get! by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Yeah, she's a little purple in color but I love that.

37245211226_56ff48b926_z.jpgMore Moonlight by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

I got her basic version with no outfit, just her undies. I was trying to save some money on her where I could.

37262822372_9a094f8b47_z.jpgMoonlight eyes by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Man those eyes are so nice.

And speaking of nice, my buddy Ed is in Japan right now and he went by the Mirai store yesterday to get himself some stuff. I asked him to check things out for me and he wound up finding some goodies! Here's what I got:

37292504261_538be4bb96_z.jpgMirai Store goodies by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

In the discount bins were some of the old versions of the XXL cocoa boobies and some really nice shoes. I also had him get me the first option pack of hands and a neat pair of tall boots. If they'd had some of the medium busts available in the older cocoa tone I'd have gotten those too but they were out. At least I have a few different sizes to try on my girl.

So yeah, I got super lucky and got the older skin tone Moonlight like I wanted! I'm very happy about it and I'm also happy I could get more parts for her at good prices too. A huge thanks to Danny and Ed for taking care of me and destroying my wallet once again.

Billy

K-2
A huge thanks to Danny and Ed for taking care of me and destroying my wallet once again.

DAD01.jpg

MVSig.jpg

Mario
A huge thanks to Danny and Ed for taking care of me and destroying my wallet once again.

DAD01.jpg

ಥ_ಥ I agree with this. I have a feeling Kizuna is going to destroy my wallet next.

Moonlight is another beautiful girl though. Urgh soo many dolls so little money to spend.

sinclair

DAD01.jpg

LOL!!

I wonder how much longer before Danny posts this at the store?

Billy, now you need a light purple wig on her. Get purple skin, eyes and hair, and name her Violet.

Eiko82

Ahahahaha, that is so true XD

Tho I'm more tempted by Starlight and Melody.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Kumi
And yes, Danny told me that he is going to make another shade and ask black skin people which one they prefer. He's not planning to make both, but... he will see

This "another shade" is lighter. In case anyone wondering how much lighter:

37030927342_e3e6ec9959_z.jpg

Skin Tone Candidate by Danny Choo, on Flickr

Skin Tone Candidate

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/28133/Skin+Tone+Candidate.html

New Cocoa skin tone candidate is DIC edition 15:-311 but I will also make 328 and let you choose which makes it to production.

baldylox

K2, that movie poster is AMAZING! I laughed really hard at that one. I also saved it and posted it all over Instagram and Twitter. I hope you're okay with becoming famous!

Thanks so much for the laugh, you rock!

Billy

baldylox
Billy, now you need a light purple wig on her. Get purple skin, eyes and hair, and name her Violet.

HA! While the thought of that is pretty funny, I don't think it'll work out for me. I do need to give her another name tho as Moonlight just won't do. Maybe she'll tell me her name soon...

Billy

Panda_Dolliess

If you check Danny's twitter, he posted a picture of the lighter skin ton ins 328. My account is too new to post any links, but as of writing this post, the picture has been up for 3 and a half hours. The consensus seems to be geared towards shade 311. Personally, I hope he chooses 328 because that skin tone is actually very similar to my own.