Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CaffeinatedCake

Nero Plans! And maybe more from FGO...

CaffeinatedCake

I haven't done one of these before but I thought it looked like a potentially fun way to track what I'm hoping to do here!

So I got into Fate faaairly recently, starting with FGO, and then Fate/Extella, and with Extella, I really, REALLY came to love Nero. She's a delight and incredibly charming.

So I've never really done a character doll before, but this seemed like a fun place to start. I thought about just buying the release Volks did of her a few years ago, but the faceup really doesn't do it for me? Like, she's cute, but she seems really subdued in comparison to her personality.

se_05.jpg

vs

WRLu0o9.png

I think I might be being weirdly nitpicky here? But either way, I wanted to change the faceup and I felt bad doing that to an older, limited doll since I know plenty of people do like the default?? It's silly but I don't want to take that from someone in a situation where there's definitely a finite number already floating around!

So I ended up doing a preorder split for the new Saber and I'll wipe THAT faceup and get it redone to something that IMO captures her personality better.

Longterm goals are to get a few of her outfits, like her original red dress and the bride outfit/s. For now, she's getting that little red dress (ETA: the actual term for the dress is banned on the forum??).

On that note--if anyone happens to know where I can track down her sword, legit or replica, let me know! I've heard they're on taobao but I haven't figured out what exactly to search yet.

My ultimate wishlist would be to get DDs of Gudako(FGO FeMC), Mash, Astolfo and Gudao/Ritsuka(FGO MC) too, but that's uh. A long ways away I think.

I'll update this as I move along, though I don't think I'll have anything very exciting to show until those dolls ship in a few months!

Edited by Guest

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Ayanami

I'm looking forward to seeing your DD fully assembled And I agree with you about the faceup, the original one doesn't really do her justice. Maybe it's because of her eye makeup... And good luck finding pieces of the nero outfit! I can only recommend looking for it on mandarake and jungle, Yahoo auction is probably another good site but I have no experience with this one.

CaffeinatedCake

I've been looking at eyes lately and have these as "maybes":

NSm97N2.png

sxT7Ug0.png

8oxqXGC.png

The top two come in bright enough greens AND they're resin (only the best for Nero o<--<) so I might do that, but I have a pair of WDS eyes (third image) that are really nice and sparkly, so those might be what I end up going with. I know I could dig up a pair of the legit eyes but eehhh I'm not married to the defaults.

I'm looking forward to seeing your DD fully assembled And I agree with you about the faceup, the original one doesn't really do her justice. Maybe it's because of her eye makeup... And good luck finding pieces of the nero outfit! I can only recommend looking for it on mandarake and jungle, Yahoo auction is probably another good site but I have no experience with this one.

That might be it! I think the smile could stand to have a little more personality to it too, but the eye makeup is defo kind of on the bland side :Tc

I've used Y!JA and I've poked around Mandarake, but I haven't heard of jungle before! Is it an auction site?

The doll looks better than the anime character ^^

I actually really love the art from the game, though it took awhile to grow on me!

CaffeinatedCake

It's been awhile since I updated this thread, but things are coming along! Took awhile for Nero's head and body to come home, but that was to be expected given the very long pre-order process. 

My dear Nero has her new faceup courtesy of @caporushes🤩 I'm way happier with it even without having her all put together yet. I'm very lucky that Capo understands the level of obsessed nonsense I operate on, and does such lovely work ❤️ Thank you Capo for your hard work on this head!! 😘

The head is the FGO Saber Altria release. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I also have her dress, though I need her boots at... some point? One day? I need her boots and her sword basically. I'm honestly really happy to have this though, thanks to my lovely split partner that took all of Altria's stuff for me so I didn't have to mess around with selling it after! Two birds with one stone, I got rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't need and got something extra I wanted! 

spacer.png

She ALSO has her correctly sized bust now. Previously she had the default Altria bust and uhhh that sure was wrong, haha. 

I ALSO have her eyes now! I might need to repurchase these in a smaller size because I prefer to have more sclera showing but we'll see when the head comes home. I bought the eyes from Freya's shop!

spacer.png

Current plans right now are that I'm waiting to be able to order an accurate wig from Double K Workshop, and I'm putting together a casual outfit for her so if I take her out anywhere I don't have to worry about damaging her fancy dress. In the meantime for wigs, I ordered this ponytail wig in Dandelion, since it'll work well enough for the time being and then another one of my girls can use it. 

spacer.png

So in regards to the casual outfit, I have most of it figured out, but I was stumped on shoes. So then I decided that some absurd, knee high gold boots would suit her REALLY nicely... and I could only find one pair that I didn't really like 😐 So what was I to do?! I bought a $6 pair of boots off ebay in black to gamble with, and I'm going to paint them gold! Ha! I'll be linking to the log of that adventure at a later date, I'm starting the process tonight but I have no idea how this'll go, haha. 

I hope to have another update soon! I'm having a lot of fun with this project 😄

Someone please tell me if I need to shrink these images more. 

CaffeinatedCake

Her temp wig hasn't come in yet ;-; but even in the wrong one ;-; she's so beautiful ;-; I'm so happy!!

katana

Omg she looks so cute so far!! I look forward to seeing more pics of her!!

Tira

I love that face-up - it really captures her personality well.  The Volks version seems to have a very similar face-up to Artoria, which doesn't really work because their personalities are so different.

CaffeinatedCake
6 hours ago, katana said:

Omg she looks so cute so far!! I look forward to seeing more pics of her!!

Aaaa thank you so much!! I'll definitely be sharing more as I get new outfits for her and her more-correct wigs!

3 hours ago, Tira said:

I love that face-up - it really captures her personality well.  The Volks version seems to have a very similar face-up to Artoria, which doesn't really work because their personalities are so different.

YES I agree!! Capo did such a wonderful job on it ;-; I was SO disappointed in the official Volks version bc it was so subdued? Which works great for Artoria but Nero is uh... she sure is allergic to the concept of being subdued LMAO.