Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

Volks Japan webstore maintenance and update

Aliens_Of_Gold

This new site is very bad and shouldn't have been made public at this stage. I just checked my order status like a few others and found nothing which is terrifying, but on top of that I had no address listed and when I added it I couldn't select my country only other. The site also displays a lot of Japanese text in random places for some reason. Terrible website and I honestly don't trust buying from them with the site in its current state. I also feel like items are missing or not being "found" correctly.

Clean UI though.

sie
*Items are not reserved yet when saved to the shopping cart. They are only reserved once the order has been confirmed (the order number has been issued). Therefore, please understand that there is a possibility that while you are in the process of checking out, the items in your cart may go out of stock and you will be unable to order them.

So click war is now checkout war?

This update is awful.

Amara77

Unfortunatley dissappearing cart items has always been an issue. I thought they had fixed that fairly recently, but I guess not.

I have my order number but other than that nothing. I'm freaking out now because Volks USA now has the items. So do I put in for that stuff or wait it out?

I also have no idea what's going on because of the japanese writing I can't read so....

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

sie
Unfortunatley dissappearing cart items has always been an issue.

I think before if you were logged in and added something to your cart it was reserved for you for a few hours. I tried adding an item with my phone while logged in now and checked on my computer and nothing was saved.

I have my order number but other than that nothing.

Did you get the email asking for paypal information, sent it to shopos@volks.co.jp and are just waiting for the invoice? If that is the case I think they are just really slow. I got something from dolpa 40 and just got my invoice a day ago.

I also have no idea what's going on because of the japanese writing

If google translate isn't helpful maybe you can paste it here and others with more knowledge can give you a better idea.

Gunter
I have my order number but other than that nothing.

Did you get the email asking for paypal information, sent it to shopos@volks.co.jp and are just waiting for the invoice? If that is the case I think they are just really slow.

I'm in this place. They asked for my PP in Jan, and I sent it (multiple times) but I've yet to get an invoice. I figured they are prioritizing lottery items? But it makes me nervous watching the item I was ordering going from in stock to sold out....and I don't know how they are keeping track of their stock.

This site was clearly a mess, but experiencing the ordering system has been pretty bad. I think I'm forgoing ordering from Int. unless for lottery items. I'll try my luck with Volks USA or Y!J. >>;

Amara77

I actually thought when I was ordering I was just going through check out. I didn't realize they were doing the lottery for the clothes.

I went through and put in my info, it had me sign in to paypal, but that was it. My order is still up on the order page. But that's where I'm at. I could have ordered what I wanted as it was still available, but now it's sold out so I'm not sure whats's going on.

Spoke too soon....

sie
I didn't realize they were doing the lottery for the clothes.

May I ask which items you ordered? Is it possible you mixed lottery items with click war items?

When I ordered they didn't have paypal under payment methods and the only option available to overseas customers was "Other payment method" How did they ask you to sign into paypal?

Amara77

It was the eclair bustle dress and coat.

I emailed them and they said it takes time to prcess large orders.

I *think* I'm getting the stuff, but it still make me cringe seeing things go from in stock to sold out.

Spoke too soon....

foo

I think I figured out why they rushed a new system out the door. As of Jan 1st 2019 Oracle changed the Java SE from a one-time license per user and annual fees per server processor, to a monthly subscription based plan per user for each PC, and per server processor. They announced this June 2018. Their old system used Java and was likely widely deployed given how they were able to track inventory well, so it may have been a case of "we're not going to pay that, you have five months to make something new."

BeyondTime

Hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.volks.co.jp/wow/

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, foo said:

Wow!

Right!?

I hope they will go back to lottery for dolls at the same time.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
22 minutes ago, foo said:

Wow!

No no no, it's supposed to be in all caps -- WOW! :classic_laugh:

Well this other thing didn't last long did it? (Though for anyone who tried to ordering during a clickwar it has been way too long.) It has either been such a disaster they decided to do something else already, or:

On 6/4/2019 at 3:08 AM, foo said:

I think I figured out why they rushed a new system out the door. As of Jan 1st 2019 Oracle changed the Java SE from a one-time license per user and annual fees per server processor, to a monthly subscription based plan per user for each PC, and per server processor. They announced this June 2018. Their old system used Java and was likely widely deployed given how they were able to track inventory well, so it may have been a case of "we're not going to pay that, you have five months to make something new."

that this is truly what happened, and what we've had to deal with so far this year was a stopgap while Volks already knew they were going to do something else once they had time.

I wonder what the Dolfie® Online Store Mail Magazine Service will be?

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, cfx said:

No no no, it's supposed to be in all caps -- WOW! :classic_laugh:

Well this other thing didn't last long did it? (Though for anyone who tried to ordering during a clickwar it has been way too long.) It has either been such a disaster they decided to do something else already, or:

that this is truly what happened, and what we've had to deal with so far this year was a stopgap while Volks already knew they were going to do something else once they had time.

This sound more to me like a planned redesign of their web business rather than an "ok this didn't work so we're moving on", so I am guessing it's been in the works for awhile.

I think the speculation about external circumstances forcing an impromptu move has merit, but we will never know exactly why that was. They either planned this before they did the current site, or they rapidly realized the current site wasn't working and decided to tough it out while they did a proper rebuild.

Poofiemus

All I care about is that the new one should FINALLY BE MOBILE RESPONSIVE. Like dear god Volks, responsive web design has been the must-have feature for like 5 years now, it's about damn time we be able to oggle upcoming clothes and dolls while hiding in our work bathrooms without having to zoom in and out five times a page.

• Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Misuka

Is -anyone- able to order from the international site from the USA? I've tried two different ccs, paypal, and every time some sort of new error is thrown back. Is this still an issue with the zipcode/numerical code? I'm going nuts over here.

cfx

I was able to back at the end of August, but I haven't tried since then. That was the clickwar from hell, but other than the issues with the website just messing up due to volume of activity so it took me hours to actually order anything, I've never had this credit card issue others are reporting so I don't really know.

When I checked that zipcode thing after seeing it mentioned a few times, on my account it wasn't filled in and I guess never has been.

• Like 1

Misuka
20 minutes ago, cfx said:

I was able to back at the end of August, but I haven't tried since then. That was the clickwar from hell, but other than the issues with the website just messing up due to volume of activity so it took me hours to actually order anything, I've never had this credit card issue others are reporting so I don't really know.

When I checked that zipcode thing after seeing it mentioned a few times, on my account it wasn't filled in and I guess never has been.

Aha, that was it. I realized the zipcode was the issue. Real zipcode in line 3. Thank you so much, you helped.

• Thanks 1

Sord

The Volks International Store is closed for its latest update now, and it won't be finished until the 18th.

:classic_sad:

https://ec.volks.co.jp/?__lang=en

Just when I really wanted to order something from there that Volksusa doesn't have in stock, lol.

foo
9 minutes ago, cfx said:

The new "Wow!" site is up, with a new URL:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/

Wow, it seems pretty nice. Now I just need a clickwar to put it through it's paces.

On second thought it's not like I'd enjoy that anyway...

• Haha 3

growcian

I'm a bit surprised many WS parts are marked as "awaiting restock" instead of "sold out" especially with the WS parts meeting their EOL.

Edited by growcian

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

Could be a standardized bogus message, but since the discontinuance message was fairly vague, maybe the remaining parts will be gathered up from the stores and sold online.

When f3 replaced the previous bodies, Volks made the statement that after the cutoff date only Dollpoint (and online?) would have the parts. I don't think there has been anything with that level of clarity this time, other than we know they were doing special events to clear out as much of the stock as possible, like the "lucky boob bags" (I forgot their real name heh). :classic_laugh:

I actually was wondering after the old website went down if the white parts would just disappear and never be on the new site; glad to see that didn't happen at least.

growcian
7 minutes ago, cfx said:

other than we know they were doing special events to clear out as much of the stock as possible, like the "lucky boob bags" (I forgot their real name heh). :classic_laugh:

You now have given those bags their new official name.

@onion9@

• Haha 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

NeeP

Just started poking through the new site.  There is an option for boys under the DD section.  Nothing under it (yet), but my hopes are up.

But after just a couple of minutes of poking around, I think I can like this.  :)

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.