Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

The Future of DollfieDreams

What do you think of upgrading DollfieDreams?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of upgrading DollfieDreams?

• This sounds great!
    • I'm pretty happy with how things are.
    • Meh, I'm okay either way.

Averis

For those doing both PayPal donations and Patreon, I will look to see if I can give both tags at the same time. I didn't plan on that. ><

Also, I haven't been adding Patreon to the running total goal amount since Patreon won't charge you till the end of your first month signed up. So technically those funds are not in yet.

BeyondTime
For those doing both PayPal donations and Patreon, I will look to see if I can give both tags at the same time. I didn't plan on that. ><

Also, I haven't been adding Patreon to the running total goal amount since Patreon won't charge you till the end of your first month signed up. So technically those funds are not in yet.

Can you add a symbol or graphic to the badge? Or maybe a stylized B? You could maybe then do a group for people who do patreon & back using paypal using that badge.

For me it was a logical way to contribute to this project, you have a big one time cost and then an ongoing cost.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Averis

Can you add a symbol or graphic to the badge? Or maybe a stylized B? You could maybe then do a group for people who do patreon & back using paypal using that badge.

For me it was a logical way to contribute to this project, you have a big one time cost and then an ongoing cost.

I have an idea kinda like that, but I think I can manage to get multiple tags in. I can't work on it atm, hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.

mayaiincho

Strangely I don't have much to add as everyone has mentioned most of my would be questions. But my vote for no social media integration.

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

merry-go-round

Can I give by paypal with the advantages of patreon?

I do not understand very well patreon, and paypal is simpler for me.

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

Averis
Strangely I don't have much to add as everyone has mentioned most of my would be questions. But my vote for no social media integration.

Mmm. I'm probably going to disable any social media login as that doesn't seem very popular. Though, I might still allow people to add their social links under their avatar information etc.

Can I give by paypal with the advantages of patreon?

I do not understand very well patreon, and paypal is simpler for me.

Patreon is just a way to have recurring memberships with varying tiers, and have it all in one place. They accept PayPal.

I don't have it setup to do the same via PayPal. Not that it's out of the question if there were enough people that wanted to do that.

Pink-Yoshi

I love the logo! She's so cute and i feel like she needs a name

everything everyone's already mentioned sounds great

I'm going to have to wait to get paid before I can donate

KonekoHigure

I donated $5 through Paypal. That's the best I can do for now. I can't wait to see the new forum !

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

finnleo
i feel like she needs a name

Vinnie DaLingé ?

Pickle

I also donated to the website upgrade! Might end up becoming a patron as well but we shall see. Wishing the best for the upgrade!

Edited by Pickle

baldylox

It's really great to see so many people helping the site grow and get better! Averis and I were actually wondering if we'd have enough people donating to be able to hit the goal without covering a big part by ourselves. But we both were extremely happy and proud to see so many wanting to help!

A huge thank you to everyone who has used Paypal or Patreon to donate to the change and expansion!

I love the logo! She's so cute and i feel like she needs a name

I agree! The logo is adorable and having our little mascot be named is a great idea. I'll ask Averis if we can maybe do a contest or poll or something after things settle down for him and the changeover to get her named. Thank you for the idea!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime

A huge thank you to everyone who has used Paypal or Patreon to donate to the change and expansion!

If the goal hasn't been hit by payday I'll definitely give more. Just gave Volks USA a huge pile of cash for two dolls, so I have to wait until then. This place is worth the investment. It's honestly about the least toxic forum I've been a part of, and given it's size that's saying something.

I agree! The logo is adorable and having our little mascot be named is a great idea. I'll ask Averis if we can maybe do a contest or poll or something after things settle down for him and the changeover to get her named. Thank you for the idea!

Maybe have people make suggestions in a thread, and then do a poll with the suggestions. May have to make a follow up poll for the top choices.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to call our new mascot Vinnie, lol

Just signed up to the Patreon. Currently I signed up for the lowest tier, but that's partly because I'm not sure when my annual pay raise kicks in. I'll probably bump up sometime soon.

I've avoided Patreon for most projects, but this forum has been a huge part of my life for over seven years. I want to keep it going, and I want to be able to browse it from my phone when I'm lurking in the bathroom at work on breaks.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

BeyondTime

I've avoided Patreon for most projects, but this forum has been a huge part of my life for over seven years. I want to keep it going, and I want to be able to browse it from my phone when I'm lurking in the bathroom at work on breaks.

Yeah, the only things I Patreon are the ones I use so much I feel like I really should be compensating people.

The phone thing reminds me of something. One thing I really don't like about the current design on the phone is I always worry I am going to hit the "report" button and not the "quote" button. Last thing I ever want to do is report someone instead of quoting them. That's one design element that I think needs some sort of safety mechanism on it for people on tiny screens.

TheWhiteRabbit

Looking forward to seeing what the new forum holds! I don't really have any issue with the current forum, it's been in my life sense 2010 but as long as the content here is archived I don't see any issues with a makeover/new site.

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

UnderOrange

Popping in to give my 2 cents. I think it's a great idea, I like the idea of an archive of the old site, I would also like the option to provide social media links in some pretty way, and I would adore mobile compatibility.

I gather integrating other vinyl doll's fully is not what most prefer, but an "everyone goes" section would be fun I think? I tend to do group shots and most of my group is Smartdolls, with a DDS and a DD/Obitsu hybrid mixed in. I never know where to put that stuff so I usually just... don't. Which is kind of a bummer. I'd like to start photo-stories, but I don't want to upset anyone by putting them in the wrong spot accidentally.

Also the icon is super cute, I like it a lot.

BeyondTime

I guess I kind of liked the idea of having the primary forum be Vinyl themed as opposed to simply Volks Vinyls, or just Dollfie Dreams. By changing the name away from something Volks specific I think it invites people who don't have DDs, but do have other vinyls, into the forum. They shouldn't be relegated to second class status.

Lots of people on the forum have SmD, Obitsu, and others. I think having main sections for those dolls, and having special events being held by the doll makers featured prominently like we currently have for Volks would be a boon for them.

We also don't know what exactly Volks is going to be doing with that vinyl SD idea they have been working on. I think if and when that becomes a thing it will generate some pretty big discussion.

I still like the idea of resins being more of an off topic doll thing. As much as I might like a Volks Resin section, this isn't DoA.

One of things I find a bit intimidating about DoA is how large it is. They are so large they can't really have a section just for Super Dollfie or Volks Dolls, and I mostly participate in one thread in one section.

I am not in any way knocking DoA here, or trying to imply that their forum isn't great at being exactly what it is trying to be. It's just that for me at my own comfort level it feels easy to get lost in all of it. It's a lot harder to get lost here.

I like the fact that this forums focus gives us specialization within each section, so even while maybe including more types Vinyls, I think it's important to keep that aspect of the forum intact.

If people are going to create profiles of their own family / collection I think that all their dolls should be welcome and not just the vinyls. In my mind the Doll Profiles section should be open to any type of doll as long as it doesn't violate some fundamental rule like no recasts.

Which brings me to my last point which is, no recasts! Not now, not ever!

Edited by Guest

Averis

Just updated the goal numbers and tagged everyone that donated/joined Patreon since the last time I updated! It's a big jump! Thank you again to everyone that's joining in on this! This is going a lot faster than I thought it would. I thought I'd have a couple weeks before doing the big move. XD

Cinnamoron

wooo! We are getting closer to the goal! It’s great being in a community where everyone cares; really, this has been one of my favorite groups and I shouldn’t expect anything less from the people here.

Averis

Yay! We did it! And only in two days! XD I figured it would have taken much longer. It's truly a testament to the kindness of this community. Thank you again so much for all the support and kind messages that you left in your donations and PMs, it really means a lot. If I missed anyone's PMs, I'll try to go back and answer any questions I can.

As for moving, Baldylox and I figure it's a good idea to give everyone a little time to finish up any marketplace sales they have going on etc before I have to lock the forum while I upgrade/move. I'm not 100% sure how long the upgrade will take. I'm planning on it taking a week to upgrade/move right now. It could be longer, it could be shorter. What I may do is at least get the main functions working such as the forum and most of what we have here already and then work on the additional features after the fact, but we'll see how it all works out.

I'll do my best to keep everyone posted as well.

Again, thank you to everyone that donated and joined Patreon!

jemmilly

Wow, that really shot up fast. So exciting!

Is it ok to keep chatting here? I just wanted to pick up on what UnderOrange and Wolf said about including other vinyl brands - I’d love to see more areas on the new site where all vinyl dolls were welcome. I have two Smart Dolls and a MDD who isn’t quite finished yet, so I haven’t had a lot to share here, even though I enjoy reading the posts and lurking.

I would love it if the Workshop area could be made open to all vinyl dolls, because so many crafting things like painting/customising, sewing, photography don’t need to be brand specific at all and I think it would really generate life into that section if more people could join in!

(As examples; myfroggystuff on YouTube recently posted a tutorial to make a Smart Doll room - but it would suit Dollfie Dreams just as well and would be a fun project if a few of us were making it at the same time and sharing tips. Also, the 1/3 BJD sewing patterns by Requiem Art Designs are made equally for Smart Dolls and Dollfie Dreams - we could choose a pattern and have a sewalong every month or so.)

RainbowNanaki
Also, the 1/3 BJD sewing patterns by Requiem Art Designs are made equally for Smart Dolls and Dollfie Dreams - we could choose a pattern and have a sewalong every month or so.)

Oooooh, I really like the idea of a sew-along thread!

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

UnderOrange

I definitely craft and sew a lot for my Smartdolls, I looove the idea of craft/sew alongs!