The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

DollfieDreams Member Acclimatization Thread (new site Q&A)

UnderOrange

Would it be possible to keep an 'everything on topic goes' photo section that's just photos in addition to the photo sections under the different categories? I appreciate that the photo stories are there, but it would be cool to be able to post group shots and stuff with everyone in them.

I'll understand if not everybody wants that though, I know people were asking for categorized photo sections.

Averis
38 minutes ago, UnderOrange said:

Would it be possible to keep an 'everything on topic goes' photo section that's just photos in addition to the photo sections under the different categories? I appreciate that the photo stories are there, but it would be cool to be able to post group shots and stuff with everyone in them.

I'll understand if not everybody wants that though, I know people were asking for categorized photo sections.

There you go.

Lunis

Question! I feel like the answer to this is written somewhere, but I sure can't find it. Is the Obitsu Directory & Gallery for 1/3 only? I have a couple of 1/6 girls, but I wanted to check before posting them.

Yenna

Sorry if I seem difficult and like I'm nitpicking. I do like most of the new forum and can get used to the look and even the editor. But privacy is still a big concern for me that may make or break the site for me, anything else is just extra.

11 hours ago, Averis said:

You should be able to log in anonymously. I'm not sure there is a way to hide activity, though. I can add an option to hide your profile all-together, though, but I'm not sure that's a suitable option.

I wondered what the anonymously logging in meant, since I didn't seem to notice any difference? xD Is it the same as the old "hide my only status"?

Is there an option to at least hide everyone's profile/activity from non-members? Some areas like the gallery and doll profiles would be nice to be behind a membership wall as well, just because otherwise the images end up showing in google where people can just pick them up and use them without credit. I assume that anyone even a little interested in the dolls itself will register as members to see them, but those that just want to grab photos for themselves might not be bothered to. Having everything out in the open to everyone on the internet -not just the members of this forum, is part of my privacy concerns.

...And part of that takes me to the share links at the bottom of the page. I get the usefulness for some of them like email and maybe twitter, but LinkedIn on a doll forum? And then Pinterest... personally I'm not a fan of pin boards and having the option of clicking that and choosing any image from that page to post is a bit... well I don't like it.

I'll look into it, but there is a search by author option once on the search results page. A bit of a two-step process, yeah, but it is there. And I searched for Volks from the Marketplace page and just ticked "Adverts" in the search drop-down and got a bunch of results. So not sure we're seeing the same thing here.

There is but it doesn't work without a keyword. So I can't look for everything a user has posted in a certain thread, because I need to narrow the results down with a keyword. It's one of the searches I do most on forums (usually on myself to see what I've already said so that I don't end up repeating myself) so not having that is strange.

When I searched, I picked Adverts and the main "Dollfie Dream" category and that gives me zero results for some reason. Picking only adverts or adverts +dolls (under DD) does give me results. It's just a bit confusing because I assumed selecting the DD category would be enough, but it actually doesn't do anything because it can't look into subcategories. At first I thought the search wasn't working properly because it didn't give me the results I was expecting. Now that I know that I have to select each subcategory if I want to narrow things down it's fine, but there might be others who run into this same thing.

16 hours ago, ryotakishu said:

May I make a suggestion about the subcategory structuring of the new Marketplace?  It seems impractical that each main category (DD, SmD, Obi) has so many subcategories that several get collapsed under a "and 3 more"/see all categories link, and it also seems impractical to have separate Wigs/Eyes/Clothes/Shoes/Props subcategories under each main category when most of those items can be shared among doll types.  Would it be possible to Instead structure it like:

DD main category with subcategories for Dolls / Heads / Bodies / Parts
SmD main category with subcategories for Dolls / Heads / Bodies / Parts
Obi main category with subcategories for Dolls / Heads / Bodies / Parts
**Accessories main category with subcategories for Eyes / Wigs / Clothing / Shoes / Props

Do you see what I mean?  It reduces the amount of redundant subcategories and puts all the small accessories listings in the same place, instead of having to decide whether a 8-9" wig should go under DD/wigs or SmD/wigs or Obi/wigs etc etc.

If enough people want it changed that way, I have no issue changing it. I was under the impression that people wanted things to remain mostly segregated by brand.

I second this one. As someone who does mainly only collect DDs out of Vinyl dolls but doesn't get them Volks brand wigs, eyes or clothes, I would definitely have trouble choosing which category to use to sell stuff that fits DD, SMD and Obitsu -so that most people will see it. Also looking for items is harder as most of these dolls can share what they wear.

EDIT/ And sorry one more thing:

I can add a "shipping from" field. 

Thanks that helps a lot. ^^ However, I noticed that all the prices have to be set as USD. Is there a way to add other currencies, or do we just have to not fill out the price and then specify it in the description along with the currency? I'd still like the price be visible right away, but as someone that doesn't accept payments in USD, I fear it might be confusing to buyers.

Edited by Yenna

Error-Chan
19 minutes ago, Yenna said:
15 hours ago, ryotakishu said:

May I make a suggestion about the subcategory structuring of the new Marketplace?  It seems impractical that each main category (DD, SmD, Obi) has so many subcategories that several get collapsed under a "and 3 more"/see all categories link, and it also seems impractical to have separate Wigs/Eyes/Clothes/Shoes/Props subcategories under each main category when most of those items can be shared among doll types.  Would it be possible to Instead structure it like:

**Accessories main category with subcategories for Eyes / Wigs / Clothing / Shoes / Props

Do you see what I mean?  It reduces the amount of redundant subcategories and puts all the small accessories listings in the same place, instead of having to decide whether a 8-9" wig should go under DD/wigs or SmD/wigs or Obi/wigs etc etc.

If enough people want it changed that way, I have no issue changing it. I was under the impression that people wanted things to remain mostly segregated by brand.

I second this one. As someone who does mainly only collect DDs out of Vinyl dolls but doesn't get them Volks brand wigs, eyes or clothes, I would definitely have trouble choosing which category to use to sell stuff that fits DD, SMD and Obitsu -so that most people will see it. Also looking for items is harder as most of these dolls can share what they wear.

I third this. I know I mainly own unbranded clothing or cloths i got second hand and are unsure who made them so having an overall section for clothing, wigs and eyes would be better than each brand (Also my dolls all share clothing so DD and Smart doll use the same things so would not fully know which to go under.) 

Spiffily branded things like Smd with bags sure would be fine under there but if it was a general wig section then people could easily put the brand name in the title for buyers to see.  its definitely the brands should be separated for heads bodies and parts though as these things are not as interchangeable. 

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

mizya

The privacy settings are the biggest issue for me, too. There is the "log in anonymously" option, yes, but all that does is hide your online status from other people (only you yourself can see your name in the "who's online" box). Everything that you do still shows up in your profile. I tested following Yenna and in my profile it says "mizya started following Yenna" and then when I went to Yenna's profile, it also shows up there. And I also tested reacting to one of Yenna's doll profiles and again the "mizya reacted to doll: Yuyuka " shows up in both mine and Yenna's profiles. It's weird enough to have evrything I do showing up in my profile, let alone in other people's profiles too. It's kinda unnerving to have your every move tracked down like that. I don't mind people being able to see my posts in threads, but everything else is a bit... ehh. Especially when all of this is visible to non-members too. I could maybe deal with it if only members had access to all that information but the fact that non-members can track down every move of mine is not cool.

I visit (as a lurker) another forum that uses this same software and there the only activity that shows up in members' profiles is what posts members have made in threads, none of those reactions, follows and the like. There isn't a way for users themselves to hide this stuff, but it should be possible for the forum staff to find an option to hide it from somewhere. That other forum also hides signatures from non-members, you only get to see the signatures if you log in with an account. Not that I'd want to hide signatures here, but I just threw that in as an example that it should be possible to hide some things, for privacy's sake.

I know that in social media these days it's possible to track what people have liked, commented on, who they follow etc (facebook is the worst offender, which is why I don't use it) and there are people who like that, but... I just don't feel comfortable with it. .___.

17 hours ago, ryotakishu said:

I third this suggestion.

And I'm probably dumb or something but I couldn't find a way to get the whole list of quotes (ryotakishu's post quoted by Averis, Yenna and Error-chan) into this reply from Error-chan's post, I only got what Error-chan wrote so I went back and picked ryotakishu's original post to quote. I'd appreciate having a small tutorial of sorts for using this editor... it's a bit tricky for me sometimes since I can't switch to a code view. I struggled for the longest time trying to type under that quote before realising I can first type before the quote and then drag the quote before the text that I want to put under the quote. ^^;;;

Oh, and while I was struggling with quoting, I noticed that on the right corner of the quote, there's an arrow and tried hovering over it to find out what it means but nothing showed up, so I clicked on it... turns out it takes you to the original post, cool. But not so cool because I was afraid that what I'd written got lost, however thankfully this editor can restore what you wrote even if you leave the page, so that's definitely a big plus. But what I'm getting at with this is, I wonder if it would be possible to get those alt-texts that show up when you hover on things, to help you know what the functions are for? 'cause in the sidebar where you have the members' avatar, name & other info, there are the small icons for private messages, ignore and find content, and those get alt-texts when you hover over them with your cursor... so you don't have to go around clicking to know what they do and accidentally ignore someone. Or is this a software issue, so that some of these icons have explanations and others don't so you have to click on them to see what they do?

Anyway, for the most part I'm happy with the new forum. I appreciate having a wider layout so now I can post photos in the gallery threads easier without worrying that horizontal photos get cropped. I also very much appreciate having the option of switching to a dark theme for the forum, as light coloured pages can be blinding at night, so the dark theme is gentler on my eyes. This new editor will need some time getting used to, but hopefully I'll get a hang of it soon (even though I'd still generally prefer being able to dabble with codes). I must mention that having the spoiler option in the editor helps a lot when posting to news threads when I want to link photos from twitter but I don't want to clog the thread with multiple embedded image posts, so that's definitely a big plus for me. :3

Ahh, but related to the editor, I have one more thing to ask: is there no way of adding a "preview post" option? Because, while you don't dabble with codes and your post pretty much looks like how it's gonna look after it's been posted, I'd still like it if I could hit "preview" before submitting... I'm old-fashioned and always hit preview before submitting on forums 'cause that's usually the point where I proof-read everything... it's somehow neater when you get the preview pop-up or the post shows up on the page over the editor. It's somehow easier for me to read what I've written like that. But if there's no possibility of adding a "preview" option, I guess I'll just have to learn to proof-read what I write in the editor.
Edit: Okay, I was told that there's a preview option so apparently I'm blind. I was looking for it next to the "submit reply" button but didn't find it so I assumed it doesn't exist. I still can't find it, though, so I guess I'm blind AND dumb. xD

Edited by mizya
typo
  • Like 1

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

cfx
18 minutes ago, mizya said:

The privacy settings are the biggest issue for me, too. There is the "log in anonymously" option, yes, but all that does is hide your online status from other people (only you yourself can see your name in the "who's online" box). Everything that you do still shows up in your profile. I tested following Yenna and in my profile it says "mizya started following Yenna" and then when I went to Yenna's profile, it also shows up there. And I also tested reacting to one of Yenna's doll profiles and again the "mizya reacted to doll: Yuyuka " shows up in both mine and Yenna's profiles. It's weird enough to have evrything I do showing up in my profile, let alone in other people's profiles too. It's kinda unnerving to have your every move tracked down like that. I don't mind people being able to see my posts in threads, but everything else is a bit... ehh. Especially when all of this is visible to non-members too. I could maybe deal with it if only members had access to all that information but the fact that non-members can track down every move of mine is not cool.

[...]

I know that in social media these days it's possible to track what people have liked, commented on, who they follow etc (facebook is the worst offender, which is why I don't use it) and there are people who like that, but... I just don't feel comfortable with it. .___.

[...]

Ahh, but related to the editor, I have one more thing to ask: is there no way of adding a "preview post" option? Because, while you don't dabble with codes and your post pretty much looks like how it's gonna look after it's been posted, I'd still like it if I could hit "preview" before submitting... I'm old-fashioned and always hit preview before submitting on forums 'cause that's usually the point where I proof-read everything... it's somehow neater when you get the preview pop-up or the post shows up on the page over the editor. It's somehow easier for me to read what I've written like that. But if there's no possibility of adding a "preview" option, I guess I'll just have to learn to proof-read what I write in the editor.
Edit: Okay, I was told that there's a preview option so apparently I'm blind. I was looking for it next to the "submit reply" button but didn't find it so I assumed it doesn't exist. I still can't find it, though, so I guess I'm blind AND dumb. xD

I have no idea how to quote parts of a message and insert my comments in-between as I could do on the old forum, sigh. So I did the above.

First point: This privacy business is a sticking point for me too. I guess I'm paranoid but this kind of thing is why I completely avoid social media, and when we had the thread on the old forum discussing this new one, I was strongly against the social media integraton stuff that was suggested. I guess in hindsight that was just something like the optional "login with facebook" some sites have. I don't like this intrusive tracking that feels like spying, and it makes me extremely uncomfortable participating here at all.

There are a lot of nice things with this new forum, but this lack of privacy and the extreme difficulty I'm having using this editor are negatives that are far outweighing any positives for me.

Preview: At the top of this editiing window are the icons for font types, sizes, various other things. The rightmost one that looks like a sheet of paper is the message preview. It's another one of the things that loads up very sluggishly for me, but since no one else has mentioned those issues I guess they're something with my computer.

Error-Chan
39 minutes ago, mizya said:

And I'm probably dumb or something but I couldn't find a way to get the whole list of quotes (ryotakishu's post quoted by Averis, Yenna and Error-chan) into this reply from Error-chan's post, I only got what Error-chan wrote so I went back and picked ryotakishu's original post to quote. I'd appreciate having a small tutorial of sorts for using this editor... it's a bit tricky for me sometimes since I can't switch to a code view. I struggled for the longest time trying to type under that quote before realising I can first type before the quote and then drag the quote before the text that I want to put under the quote. ^^;;;

what I did was select over the post and the quotes I wasted and then a tab saying "Quote selected" popped up. hope that helps. (start at the end of the post you want as starting at the beginning selects everything I found. 

13 minutes ago, cfx said:

I have no idea how to quote parts of a message and insert my comments in-between as I could do on the old forum, sigh. So I did the above.

and like above just select the part you want and clock the Quote selected part. it will show up in the reply at the bottom then you can add your reply ^^

I hope that is helpful for you both =3 

Edited by Error-Chan
  • Thanks 1

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

mizya
36 minutes ago, Error-Chan said:
1 hour ago, mizya said:

what I did was select over the post and the quotes I wasted and then a tab saying "Quote selected" popped up. hope that helps. (start at the end of the post you want as starting at the beginning selects everything I found. 

Ahh, I see! I hadn't even thought of trying to highlight the text, but yeah - I did get the "Quote selected" that way! Great! Thank you so much for pointing that out, @Error-Chan! :3

So this way I can now... 

48 minutes ago, cfx said:

Do this. It's certainly helpful. I hadn't yet thought about this whole "quoting just parts of a message" thing yet as I haven't been posting much on the new forum so it's a good thing that you brought it up, @cfx. It's definitely something that's useful - especially in discussions - so it's good to know now that it's possible to do it.

48 minutes ago, cfx said:

Preview: At the top of this editiing window are the icons for font types, sizes, various other things. The rightmost one that looks like a sheet of paper is the message preview. It's another one of the things that loads up very sluggishly for me, but since no one else has mentioned those issues I guess they're something with my computer.

Oh, so it's there! It didn't even occur to me to look for it from there because I usually stay away from those formatting things, as I'm a weirdo who mostly types in the BB code myself. Although, I guess I should've realised to check what that was because I already used the spoiler function that is one icon away from the preview, but... ahem. ^^;; It doesn't really differ that much from the editor because the editor itself has all these visual elements and the preview opens on top of the editor, too... well I guess I'll just have to try to learn to proof-read everything in the editor. And for me, too, the preview takes several seconds to load so it's not just you.

Although, the fact that you can check how your post looks like in mobile from the preview could be useful. However, as I mostly browse forums on my desktop, I personally won't have much use for that, I suppose.

Also, is it just me or is the font in the editor (and the forum itself, too, actually) kinda hard to read? Now I see that I still left some typos in my previous post, even though I double-checked it before posting (and already edited once to remove one typo). It could also be that my eyesight has gotten worse and I need glasses, though. :'D But, like... if I compare the text in the editor to the text under the attachments saying what file types are accepted: "gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v" <-- that type of font is easier for me to read (signatures seem to have this font, too). But this is just me being nitpicky...

Edited by mizya
  • Like 1

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

cfx
6 hours ago, mizya said:

Also, is it just me or is the font in the editor (and the forum itself, too, actually) kinda hard to read? Now I see that I still left some typos in my previous post, even though I double-checked it before posting (and already edited once to remove one typo). It could also be that my eyesight has gotten worse and I need glasses, though. :'D But, like... if I compare the text in the editor to the text under the attachments saying what file types are accepted: "gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v" <-- that type of font is easier for me to read (signatures seem to have this font, too). But this is just me being nitpicky... 

The only difference I'm seeing between those two is size and color?

I find the message text hard to read, but it's the black-on-light-gray color scheme, because that same text is easy for me to read in this editor or in the quoted blocks where the background is white. I'm over 60 with poor vision and have had cataract surgery though, so it may be my problem. Anyway, it's not unreadable just eyestrain-inducing.

That's with the light default theme. I tried the dark theme but contrast is too high on that for me and it hurts my eyes to look at.

6 hours ago, mizya said:
6 hours ago, Error-Chan said:
7 hours ago, mizya said:

Ahh, I see! I hadn't even thought of trying to highlight the text, but yeah - I did get the "Quote selected" that way! Great! Thank you so much for pointing that out, @Error-Chan! :3

I see, and I'm starting to see why absolutely none of how this editor works is at all intuitive to me; it's because it doesn't follow any conventions for Windows or any other desktop-oriented interface. I highlighted text before and expect to be able to right-click on it to do something but that doens't work. That little pop-up it does to select the text is another thing that is sluggish for me so if I don't pause the cursor long enough I never see it at all.

This whole design interface looks like one that was created primarily for touchscreens i.e. mobile. That is what it is and I have to deal with it, but I really dislike that.

Singer Yuna
20 hours ago, Averis said:

This can't be changed or removed without paying them more money. ><

Let it be then xD

I have the 112% inbox problem, can you give me extra space when you finish your tasks?  I’ve been messing with galleries and wanted to ask @Poofiemus if she wanted to upload some Agatha https://www.dolldreaming.com/dolldirectory/item/18-agatha-heterodyne/?show=tab_1 steampunk photos on my shared album but couldn’t pm her.

I have to thank you again for your hard work in DDforum. It’s impressive the coding etc work you did by yourself. Sure, things will need little adjustments...but I have the feeling we increased our numbers already since the forum update.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

cfx
21 hours ago, Averis said:

I also tried to condense the side bar of posts a little bit more by putting the name next to the avatar instead of under it and reduce the space between elements there. I also reduced the line height of text to try and reduce the space between lines.

If I'm not imagining things you've since condensed this area further. Thanks for that as it now makes the amount of space taken up by short posts much less and similar to the old forum. Besides, I think it looks better.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, Yenna said:

I found something else too: You can add another user's signature to your ignore if it's distracting etc. But I can't find anywhere to get it back in case I need to see it again.

It'd be nice if there is a way to still have that icon on the user's posts so you know you've ingored a signature as opposed to the user not having one. Since one of the options on it is "ignore setting" it seems like it not showing up might be a bug?

But there is another way to get the signature back. In your profile, go to the ignored users list, and the people you've ignored signatures for will be listed there. It's actually a nice feature that there are options on how to ignore now; i.e. on the old forum ignoring a user removed their posts but didn't stop them from sending you PMs; now you can choose to do that, or not.

@Error-Chan: I don't know how to quote a post from another page to get it here...earlier you asked if your signature pics were too large. I see one reason they might be; I usually view this forum fullscreen on my PC, but if for some reason I do not, with the lower resolution it splits your sig into two lines of pictures and then it takes up a lot of room. I also noticed this while fullscreen on one of the question threads where there is the additional thing on the left for up/down votes. It's not that bothersome to me, but it might lead to people using the ignore feature on your signature if it does annoy.

Averis
17 hours ago, Lunis said:

Question! I feel like the answer to this is written somewhere, but I sure can't find it. Is the Obitsu Directory & Gallery for 1/3 only? I have a couple of 1/6 girls, but I wanted to check before posting them.

In the guidelines I added what criteria should be met to be on-topic. So if it fits that criteria, go for it.

11 hours ago, cfx said:

Put your cursor where you want to split the quote and hit enter twice. It will split it so you can add your reply to just that part. You can also use ctrl+right click on many items in the post to get more options. Also note that if you're using an older browser you might have some issues. So you may need to upgrade it or try a different one.

As for privacy, I added a new plug-in that will allow you to hide your profile completely from anyone. Just go to your profile, hit edit profile and at the very bottom you can select if you want only members to see it or admins. Hopefully that will ease some concerns.

As for the marketplace, I added a Misc section for other items that don't fall into the brand categories. If it is desired I can add sub categories to that for more specific things like wigs etc.

Error-Chan
2 hours ago, cfx said:

@Error-Chan: I don't know how to quote a post from another page to get it here...earlier you asked if your signature pics were too large. I see one reason they might be; I usually view this forum fullscreen on my PC, but if for some reason I do not, with the lower resolution it splits your sig into two lines of pictures and then it takes up a lot of room. I also noticed this while fullscreen on one of the question threads where there is the additional thing on the left for up/down votes. It's not that bothersome to me, but it might lead to people using the ignore feature on your signature if it does annoy.

I was worried about that. So it fitted in with the size rules I tried to make them small but look like they were one long image. I can edit them down to be more like a stamp but hoped I could keep them bigger. but as I made and look at them on my browser without editing the window size I hadn't seen this.  Thank you for letting me know. I will make them smaller in a moment 😃 

EDIT: that should be better now 😃 

Edited by Error-Chan

cfx

That looks fine to me; large enough to show off your art, not so large that it gets blocked.

• Like 1

Silent

Like said in game: gg or well played. Nice site, just to settle in this new interface. :) 

cfx
1 hour ago, Averis said:

As for privacy, I added a new plug-in that will allow you to hide your profile completely from anyone. Just go to your profile, hit edit profile and at the very bottom you can select if you want only members to see it or admins. Hopefully that will ease some concerns.

Thanks for that. I set it to members so other users can see what little info I have there.

I'll be nitpicky and ask this, which might not be possible and might not be what you want to do anyway--does members mean only full members? No offense to our new users, but I'd prefer that because otherwise spammers and such could register and collect information before they get banned.

I think I've found a bug. Looking at the "Unread Content" settings; I keep changing it to "unread item links take me to the first unread comment"; it asks me to save this; I click save, and then the next time it has reset to "unread item links take me to the top of the page" which is definitely not what I want. I've tried to set this multiple times and it never stays.

Averis
6 minutes ago, cfx said:

I'll be nitpicky and ask this, which might not be possible and might not be what you want to do anyway--does members mean only full members? No offense to our new users, but I'd prefer that because otherwise spammers and such could register and collect information before they get banned.

It's for anyone that is logged in, so that would be new members as well. I have no additional control. It was the only plug-in I found with such a setting at all. I can ask the creator to add it, but no guarantees. 

I think I've found a bug. Looking at the "Unread Content" settings; I keep changing it to "unread item links take me to the first unread comment"; it asks me to save this; I click save, and then the next time it has reset to "unread item links take me to the top of the page" which is definitely not what I want. I've tried to set this multiple times and it never stays.

Sadly, I can't fix any bugs as I didn't program the site. I can send in a ticket and maybe the next update they will fix it. ^^

ADDITIONAL: I installed a new social information system and deleted all the old social fields from the user profiles. If you want to add your social info you can add it via your profile page. What you enter will show up on your profile and member card (the little box that shows when you hover over a user avatar). 

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I just checked the 'customization' sub and it's all photo threads with doll names as the titles (Sailor Moon, Saber, Miku etc)- I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that (I'd assume those threads were meant for the 'photos' section) but thought I'd point it out, just in case.

Edited by Serena-Hime

Averis
7 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

I just checked the 'customization' sub and it's all photo threads with doll names as the titles (Sailor Moon, Saber, Miku etc)- I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that (I'd assume those threads were meant for the 'photos' section) but thought I'd point it out, just in case.

If you mean the one under Dollfie Dream it was originally the Dollfie Dream Style Database on DD. It looks right to me. I checked the Sailor Moon post and someone posted their customization. If a post is wrong, though, it can be moved. ^^

Averis

I added more currency options for the marketplace, as requested. Let me know if I missed a common one you use.

• Like 1

sinclair
23 hours ago, Lunis said:

6 hours ago, Averis said:

In the guidelines I added what criteria should be met to be on-topic. So if it fits that criteria, go for it.

I can't seem to figure out how to quote a quote.  Clicking the quote button on a post didn't include what they were quoting, so I don't know how it's done.  Anywho is the 1/6 doll in question a Pureneemo?  The guidelines seem to rule them out, but they were an off topic doll in the old forum.  Need some more guidance on this one.

Averis

I think pureneemo would fall into the off-topic anime doll section. The idea for on-topic dolls is basically dolls similar in style and construction to Dollfie Dream.

As for nested quotes, one way I found to do it is by selecting the text in the post, including the quotes, and little box will pop-up with "quote selection." That seems to include pretty much the whole selection as is. Kinda weird, but it works. I'm not sure why Quote at the bottom doesn't do that. It's not something I set on my end. I can look into that, though.

milkytea

Thank you for adding additional privacy settings! I also felt uncomfortable with how much information was being displayed. ♥

• Thanks 1