Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RainbowNanaki

Smart Doll Boys Release Schedule

jemmilly

Danny just posted on Instagram;

’While I did scale back on Eiji and Crimson, you will be getting more licensed guys starting with the two Sunrise ones. And after my trip to Los Angeles next week, we will start to work on the “Super Hero” guy bodies...’

Interesting! I wonder if Spike from Cowboy Bebop will make an appearance soon.

Lightlode
1 hour ago, jemmilly said:

Danny just posted on Instagram;

’While I did scale back on Eiji and Crimson, you will be getting more licensed guys starting with the two Sunrise ones. And after my trip to Los Angeles next week, we will start to work on the “Super Hero” guy bodies...’

Interesting! I wonder if Spike from Cowboy Bebop will make an appearance soon.

I saw this too.  Maybe we should make a new thread for speculation of which licensed characters could possibly use such body?

jemmilly
1 hour ago, Lightlode said:

I saw this too.  Maybe we should make a new thread for speculation of which licensed characters could possibly use such body?

Good idea. I did wonder if the new body belonged in its own thread when I posted. I’ve made a thread so we can chat about it there :)

Edited by jemmilly

whisski

This is depressing news since, at least as far as I'm aware (and please correct me if I'm wrong!), the Smartdoll boys are the only semi-muscular anime boy bodies around. I hope Danny either makes larger runs or makes them more often.

Jezrah

I recently took my Eiji to an anime con.  I carried him one day, and on two other days had two of my DD girls.  Eiji got easily as much attention as the girls from random people in hallways.  I happened to have him on the day of a bjd swap meet, and there was another girl who seemed interested in getting one.  I don't think there is lack of interest in him, so if he does not perform as well as the girls it's due to lack of marketing and accessibility. 

• Like 6

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

whisski

I just saw on Fabric Friends & Dolls' insta that they're starting to take preorders for Crimson Kai! Maybe this means the boys will be back in stock soon? 😍

RainbowNanaki

With the teaser posted on Instagram for the next Code Geass colab doll and a date of July 10th (source), I suspect that the regular boys will be pushed back yet again...

• Sad 2

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Moon-to-Starlight
2 hours ago, RainbowNanaki said:

With the teaser posted on Instagram for the next Code Geass colab doll and a date of July 10th (source), I suspect that the regular boys will be pushed back yet again...

I saw the post this morning. On one hand, super excited for another male sculpt but on the other I worry about how this will effect the regular ones and their potential 'seasonal' availability.

Tira

I haven't actually watched Code Geass, but Granblue Fantasy did a CG collab recently that makes Suzaku and Lelouch really tempting.

Jezrah

I did like the Lelouch sculpt, but whether I would go for him or Suzaku would depend on if they have vinyl or cortex bodies. I'm not a fan of the seam lines so would prefer a vinyl option.

Lightlode

What do you guys think about the boy's feet being made smaller?

marishade

I am not sure actually. . . I think my Lelouch's feet actually look pretty natural when he is standing barefoot with Mirai. . . thinking about the guys going forward having a similar feet size as the girls? Eh.

I get that he wants to make the shoes he makes available to the guys too. . . but idk. When I think of small feet on a male doll I think "boy" (looking at you DDS Len). The male dolls who have larger feet compared to female dolls of the same size are "men". I prefer men to boys.

I guess I would really have to see a comparison between the ladies', the old guys', and Suzaku's feet to decide if it would truly annoy me or not.

• Like 1

jemmilly

The girl’s feet are listed as 67mm long, 24mm wide and the current boy’s feet are 70mm long, 32mm wide.

So there isn’t much difference in the length, perhaps Danny will make just the new boy feet slimmer so the official Smart Doll shoes fit everyone.

I wonder what will happen when the male Super Hero body is released, surely the feet on that will need to be larger to stay in proportion? Seems like there will end up being two shoe sizes anyway.

RainbowNanaki

Apparently a Crimson in Cinnamon will be teased tomorrow, and I couldn't be more excited!!

Source: Danny Choo's Instagram

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Mame

But, why Crimson? (Even though he's the best lol)  Cinnamon Crimson seems kind of random, but Eiji in cinnamon would make more sense.(?) This is just my opinion though^^'. ( I'm... actually preeeetty excited!)

NeeP

While the Cinnamon boys interest me (a lot), I have to admit that I am not a fan of the new feet.  They look too small for my tastes...  I would like it if we can get an extra bigger feet option.  I can always find shoes...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

RainbowNanaki
3 hours ago, NeeP said:

While the Cinnamon boys interest me (a lot), I have to admit that I am not a fan of the new feet.  They look too small for my tastes...  I would like it if we can get an extra bigger feet option.  I can always find shoes...

If you don't photograph your boys barefoot, you can always buy larger BJD shoes and stuff them with a bit of white tissue paper for a tighter fit.

NeeP
39 minutes ago, RainbowNanaki said:

If you don't photograph your boys barefoot, you can always buy larger BJD shoes and stuff them with a bit of white tissue paper for a tighter fit.

Yeah, I know, but something inside of me will know the truth and be bothered.  But that is just me being picky.  😄

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Lightlode
6 hours ago, NeeP said:

I hope he adds the larger feet as an option part or even an option when you purchase.  Not everyone only buys their shoes from the smart doll brand.

caporushes

I also was disappointed to hear he was making the feet smaller. He doesn't have that many unisex shoe styles... I would rather they could fit into non-SmartDoll shoes...?? I am excited for cinnamon Crimson/Eiji though!

freakie-oppa

Not sure if memory serves me well, I recall the first SMD boy bodies used to able to fit into, not just the shoes but even the girl's pants too, right? Or was that some random fever dream I had? XD I FEEL LIKE I'VE ASKED THIS BEFORE. Excuse my poor memory if I did. I feel like the feet now, are a liiiittle smaller than what they used to be in the first bodies too.

Eiji from my experience, has always had trouble with shoes because of his feet due to how wide they were. He doesn't fit into my 65CM's shoes. However, I do think his current feet is more in proportion to the existing body. I just sort of wish that instead of avoiding the problem, he goes with it head on?

The original biceps that Eiji comes with doesn't even have more than 2 Smart Doll outfits that fit it, which to me, is the biggest shame considering I think the larger biceps is actually more complementary to the torso he has now.

If people are supposed to purchase the slim arms to fit their shirts, and now, the smaller feet just to fit into the shoes he's willing to make, I find that a real pity since it warps away from the good proportion balance he managed to establish with the boys. That's just my opinion, however. I am a little biased towards the default KAI body. D;

Edited by freakie-oppa

@freakie-oppa omg no way I totally remember the boys being able to fit into the girls pants. He used to even have a section on the drop down for clothes that fit the boys. Now you just have to guess or ask lol

Jezrah

I am not a fan of the smaller feet, they look out of proportion. There are lots of questions of, Can we buy the new feet for our existing boys? which Danny has said yes to. I am on the side of, If I buy a new boy can I choose to buy bigger feet too, even if they are an awkward size? Answer is likely no, sadly.

Snarecrazi

I have an old Eiji with big feet so it’s hard finding him shoes however all my Dollfie Dream boys share shoes with my smartdoll girls so for me it’s actually gonna be convenient this random foot size change he decided on for th new boys.

• Like 1