Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Pihlajakoto

Cortex release schedule

sumdude

Seems like its bye bye to cortex forever, now that the website has cleared out all their cortex shells and frames. 

AliensOfGold

Is it still going to be used for licensed dolls? 

Eiko82

No idea. I get the feeling that Cortex is gone for both licensed and non-licensed dolls.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

babylily

Such a shame! Cortex was a cool idea, wish it had been less expensive in the end!

Starwaia

At the very end of this Instagram post, Danny mentions a "Cortex 2"... we'll see what comes of it, but I have to admit I'm curious if this really will "fix all the issues that version 1 had" or just fall by the wayside like some other projects. Either way, I figured I should mention it at least.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzaQfP7BL9s/

• Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Starwaia said:

At the very end of this Instagram post, Danny mentions a "Cortex 2"... we'll see what comes of it, but I have to admit I'm curious if this really will "fix all the issues that version 1 had" or just fall by the wayside like some other projects. Either way, I figured I should mention it at least.

The hand looks like cheap plastic, but maybe that's an intentional finish given that the arm looks very cybernetic?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sunlightandtea
On 11/13/2023 at 6:22 AM, Starwaia said:

I would like to see cortex revived. I wrote a long post about it a few years ago on my blog here, it's a good material. Very sturdy and fun to pose, but it looks like the design he has for his version two arms are already going to suffer from the same cracking the version one arms did, in particular this small piece here. I understand the desire not to have seams up the arms, but it would result in a sturdier forearm build if he did that, or if he extended that piece upwards significantly.

image.png.0790d67920aff0ff419a445e5e4096b3.png

Just my two cents. Excited to see where cortex 2 goes, it was a very fun concept and, in my opinion, a very good execution despite it's version one issues.

3lysa

But the plastic looks a little bit less thin, 

I've a Cortex, mine broke too, the plastic over the elbow joint is really fine, and on a pressure point a breakage is unavoidable 

meteorite
Posted (edited)

Smart Doll's Instagram has a new post about Cortex 2.

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/pages/instagram#/?instaPost=C1qpUHQBzit

It's returning as a series of cyborg/cybernetic parts for regular Smart Dolls. Arms are being released first with more to (potentially?) follow.

Also planned are STL files so you can customise the weapons your doll hides in its arm.

Edited by meteorite
More info
  • Thanks 1