Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Katsudon

I think this is starting to get to me, to be honest. The Fabric Friends... stuff on top is too much. It's beyond sad and disappointing 😕 and I just want to like dolls. I would say that I wish I could go back to not knowing all the baggage, but there's never been a time when Smart Dolls didn't carry that baggage for me. I'm too new to remember the times before all this happened.

My Smart Doll is genuinely one of my favourites out of my whole collection! If Danny reads this - I really hope you can forgive people for whatever, because you've made something beautiful, and isn't it better to share that, even if you think people don't deserve it.

*Bows out*

• Like 5

Meowjima
26 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

I think this is starting to get to me, to be honest. The Fabric Friends... stuff on top is too much. It's beyond sad and disappointing 😕 and I just want to like dolls. I would say that I wish I could go back to not knowing all the baggage, but there's never been a time when Smart Dolls didn't carry that baggage for me. I'm too new to remember the times before all this happened.

My Smart Doll is genuinely one of my favourites out of my whole collection! If Danny reads this - I really hope you can forgive people for whatever, because you've made something beautiful, and isn't it better to share that, even if you think people don't deserve it.

*Bows out*

Only if Danny does it first.  He's banned so many people just because they did not agree with what he says, or had complaints about his perfectly imperfect dolls.  He went off, has banned a bunch of people for petty reasons, and then lumps them in with people who have legitimately tried to scam him.

• Like 1

Miabird24

Anomaly was up for a whopping 72k... I thought the blue girls were only hiked to 62k? That's as much as a volks fullset...

• Like 1

DollyDearest
53 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

*Bows out*

I agree an i just wanna like dolls too.  idk what DC's mindset is,  but no one's complaining,  they asked questions   an apparently he hates being questioned.  

Yumeiro
1 hour ago, wishbearstar said:

I agree an i just wanna like dolls too.  idk what DC's mindset is,  but no one's complaining,  they asked questions   an apparently he hates being questioned.  

I don't doubt he's intensively reading every comment that is posted on all his social-medias. And that stuff is sure to make anyone bitter/mad.
And when you got a (ban-)hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

I imagine that just sitting there, feeling disdain by all the rotten apples out there, that any comment that isn't praise will fuel the hate-fire.
And he is making it OUR problem!

• Like 5

DollyDearest
20 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

I don't doubt he's intensively reading every comment that is posted on all his social-medias. And that stuff is sure to make anyone bitter/mad.
And when you got a (ban-)hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

I imagine that just sitting there, feeling disdain by all the rotten apples out there, that any comment that isn't praise will fuel the hate-fire.
And he is making it OUR problem!

mmmhmmm.  but why?   is he so narrisistic, that any little thing is bashing his ego?   does it maybe have to do with him bein british?   ik he was born in the uk an speaks a lot of langauges.       idk  

apag22

I feel a little sad, I haven't been interested in my SmDs lately, and I think its because of the recent drama. I am thinking of selling, but I also feel a sense of guilt letting my girls go... IDK 😭 I just want to find joy in them again! I got Mirai during a big life shift and her smile made it a lot easier. I got Felicity as a gift to myself when I got my dream job a few months back. maybe I'll play around with them tonight and see if it sparks any joy.

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

bbotss
2 hours ago, wishbearstar said:

mmmhmmm.  but why?   is he so narrisistic, that any little thing is bashing his ego?   does it maybe have to do with him bein british?   ik he was born in the uk an speaks a lot of langauges.       idk  

Why he behaves the way he does is a mystery, considering how much he used to love his dolls (both Volks and smd).

From my pov, the timeline was as such:

- He fell out with Volks after they turned down his proposal to make Mirai a DD, so he started his own doll company instead.

- He made the occasional snide remark about Volks, but that was the extent of it.

- Earliest shaming incident I remember was the girl who wanted a perfect Julia doll, with perfect eyes/wig/faceup etc. He posted online about how he was cancelling her order. He also claimed that she had told him she returned 2/3 of the dolls she bought because they weren't perfect, which is why he decided to cancel her order. At that time I felt it was a reasonable thing for him to do since the customer seemed demanding, but now I'm wondering if he twisted the truth then as well.

- After that was the Volks Dolpa tweet incident, which I suspect is when he realized how susceptible his fanbase was when he managed to make them hate on Volks for a tweet that he had deliberately mistranslated.

- He hinted about nier and 2B, but Volks got the license instead (thank goodness!) and we never heard from him about nier again.

- He then banned an entire group of people who belonged to a facebook group by getting their order numbers through deception (the reason this thread was started).

- Then the weathered shoes incident, followed by the wig incident.

- By then everything had pretty much degenerated into the situation as it is now, with him going trigger happy with his banhammer.

I'm adding the screencaps where he posted about nier and 2B so that he will cringe when he reads this thread. Hi Danny! 😉

received_350994026622082.jpeg

20210612_094441.jpg

20210612_094505.jpg

Edited by bbotss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

DollyDearest
33 minutes ago, bbotss said:

Why he behaves the way he does is a mystery, considering how much he used to love his dolls (both Volks and smd).

From my pov, the timeline was as such:

- He fell out with Volks after they turned down his proposal to make Mirai a DD, so he started his own doll company instead.

- He made the occasional snide remark about Volks, but that was the extent of it.

- Earliest shaming incident I remember was the girl who wanted a perfect Julia doll, with perfect eyes/wig/faceup etc. He posted online about how he was cancelling her order. He also claimed that she had told him she returned 2/3 of the dolls she bought because they weren't perfect, which is why he decided to cancel her order. At that time I felt it was a reasonable thing for him to do since the customer seemed demanding, but now I'm wondering if he twisted the truth then as well.

- After that was the Volks Dolpa tweet incident, which I suspect is when he realized how susceptible his fanbase was when he managed to make them hate on Volks for a tweet that he had deliberately mistranslated.

- He hinted about nier and 2B, but Volks got the license instead (thank goodness!) and we never heard from him about nier again.

- He then banned an entire group of people who belonged to a facebook group by getting their order numbers through deception (the reason this thread was started).

- Then the weathered shoes incident, followed by the wig incident.

- By then everything had pretty much degenerated into the situation as it is now, with him going trigger happy with his banhammer.

I'm adding the screencaps where he posted about nier and 2B so that he will cringe when he reads this thread. Hi Danny! 😉

received_350994026622082.jpeg

20210612_094441.jpg

20210612_094505.jpg

i see now.   seem's it was a case not being able to handle rejection.   narrsistic people tend to be so ego driven, that an concrit will set them ablaze.    i assume since he's full asian an having been born in the Uk    had what is known as "Tiger" parents.   very strict an except nothing less then perfection

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, apag22 said:

I am thinking of selling, but I also feel a sense of guilt letting my girls go... IDK 😭 I just want to find joy in them again! I got Mirai during a big life shift and her smile made it a lot easier.

Your SmD aren’t responsible for Danny’s BS. They belong to you now and they are what you choose to make of them; Danny has no power over that.

• Like 11

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, wishbearstar said:

i see now.   seem's it was a case not being able to handle rejection.   narrsistic people tend to be so ego driven, that an concrit will set them ablaze.    i assume since he's full asian an having been born in the Uk    had what is known as "Tiger" parents.   very strict an except nothing less then perfection

He had a kind of sad childhood. Iirc His parents put him in foster care because money was too tight to raise a kid, and he got passed around a lot from home to home. He also got bullied in school as a kid. That’s all published on his website. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
34 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

He had a kind of sad childhood. Iirc His parents put him in foster care because money was too tight to raise a kid, and he got passed around a lot from home to home. He also got bullied in school as a kid. That’s all published on his website. 

oh that makes even more sense.     I mean, he's angry at those bullied him, rightful so.  but now he see's everything as a bulling.  an a fear of abandonment,  and rejection because he was put in foster care.   

apag22
46 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Your SmD aren’t responsible for Danny’s BS. They belong to you now and they are what you choose to make of them; Danny has no power over that.

This really helped, thank you <3 I got my two smd and my mdd all cozied up and now we are gonna watch the bad batch!

• Like 4

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Maia

I think that we are speculating too much about what going on in shoe child head.It’s feel like armchair doctor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Mars said:

I think that we are speculating too much about what going on in shoe child head.It’s feel like armchair doctor 

Agreed, he shouldn’t really be diagnosed except by a qualified doctor with a case history to work with. It’s just hard not to see a link between his behavior today, and the messed up things that were done to him as a kid. 

1 hour ago, apag22 said:

This really helped, thank you

You’re welcome. If you love your Mirai, go on loving your Mirai, she exists to make your life brighter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DollyDearest
30 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Agreed, he shouldn’t really be diagnosed except by a qualified doctor with a case history to work with. It’s just hard not to see a link between his behavior today, and the messed up things that were done to him as a kid. 

You’re welcome. 

40 minutes ago, Mars said:

my bad, i just watch too much true crime stuff with Candis delong lol

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, wishbearstar said:

my bad, i just watch too much true crime stuff with Candis delong lol

We’ve all psychoanalyzed him a bit; it’s really hard not to. Don’t worry too much about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Katsudon
16 hours ago, Meowjima said:

Only if Danny does it first.  He's banned so many people just because they did not agree with what he says, or had complaints about his perfectly imperfect dolls.  He went off, has banned a bunch of people for petty reasons, and then lumps them in with people who have legitimately tried to scam him.

*pops back*

That's kinda what I mean. I think the only way to heal stuff is at least a little forgiveness from Danny. I can't see any other way to break the cycle. Otherwise it's just going to spiral and spiral. I mean, what's next? Banning friends of banned people just in case they might buy a doll for a banned person? Then friends of friends? Then the whole world would be banned! (Six degrees of separation and all that.)

There are many times when I say that not forgiving is fine, but I don't think this is one of them. No one has done anything bad enough afaik to not be forgiven.

Or, this thread can go on forever. :(

• Like 4

Stormlight
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

🤨 Was this BEFORE his father made it big selling shoes to celebrities for $1500+ a pop? I mean, Jimmy Choo is no small name in the fashion industry. I’d expect maybe his son would feel a LOT of pressure to live up to the family name. It’s no wonder he’s cracking. 

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Stormlight said:

Was this BEFORE his father made it big selling shoes to celebrities for $1500+ a pop?

That’s what it sounded like. Lots of successful people started out poor. 

moerunamida
20 hours ago, apag22 said:

I feel a little sad, I haven't been interested in my SmDs lately, and I think its because of the recent drama. I am thinking of selling, but I also feel a sense of guilt letting my girls go... IDK 😭 I just want to find joy in them again! I got Mirai during a big life shift and her smile made it a lot easier. I got Felicity as a gift to myself when I got my dream job a few months back. maybe I'll play around with them tonight and see if it sparks any joy.

I had a Mirai, and sold her for obvious reasons. I have Meiko preordered, and your comment made me smile when I think I could make Meiko look similar to Mirai. I hope you are able to enjoy your girls! They are both beautiful!

• Like 3

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Meowjima
On 6/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, BeyondTime said:

This right here has enough holes that he could sell it as post apocalyptic clothing.

First off, the 'foster homes' he was in weren't like American foster homes.  His parents/family were relatively well-off and he was placed there because his parents were too busy to take care of him.

Funnily enoughh, in that same article, he laments being bullied, having stuff stolen from him, being berated for "crying" and having things denied to him.

...... which is exactly what he does to people now.  Really hard to emphasize while he plays the sympathy card when he goes around to exhibit that bad behavior.  

• Like 1

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, Meowjima said:

which is exactly what he does to people now.

Which is exactly why it hard not to link it back to what happened to him as a kid. 

• Like 1

Isn't this becoming more of a personal issue with him, than his business practices?