Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Shuga

His original post before it was deleted, basically, stated that smd was a minority, and discriminated against. Basically he used BLM and the trauma at the time to try and get sympathy. I unfortunatly didn't screencap it. He then deleted it, and reposted what we see today, still.

• Thanks 1

lucidium
1 hour ago, Shuga said:

His original post before it was deleted, basically, stated that smd was a minority, and discriminated against. Basically he used BLM and the trauma at the time to try and get sympathy. I unfortunatly didn't screencap it. He then deleted it, and reposted what we see today, still.

That's a BIG yikes

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Shuga said:

pretty sure it’s posted a ways back in this thread. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Zaliayn
On 6/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, RobynnDoesStuff said:

I may be opening a can of worms here, I don't mean to, but,, what do people think about his facebook statement where he compared smartdoll fans to the minorities of the doll world in relationship to the situation going on now? I'm sorry if this sentence made no sense  

Edit! Post is taken down now :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-01 at 17.57.22 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-01 at 17.57.22.jpeg

I believe this may be the post (from June 2020) that's being referenced here?

• Thanks 3

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Zaliayn said:

I believe this may be the post (from June 2020) that's being referenced here?

That’s it, thank you. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

The funniest part to me is that his first post there says people should live the way they are instead of the way others want them to be- while living in Japan, where people are raised to not stand out and work together. Though this is now shifting a bit in the current generation, thus allowing things like the gay marriage certificates in certain prefectures, it's still true in general. I was watching a video where they were speculating that the desire for homogeneity may have come from having to work together to survive natural disasters more often than most places.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

bbotss
3 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

Speaking of ways to propel ones business...
I'm just curious, has there been any Pride posts? I can't remember/recall.
But it should be just up his alley - it's about inclusivity after all. 🤔 

Volks just announced the release of Dollfie Icon again. It's about time for him to tease green or purple skintones this year~

• Like 2

Maia
On 6/5/2021 at 4:45 AM, Yumeiro said:

@bbotss Oh, for sure
But I don't see what that has to do with LGBTQ+ positivity

But the rainbow-

Edited by Mars
  • Like 1

LuluChan

I might be the only one, but I prefer it when brands and people pick the causes they believe in and work for them (in this case, like the form or not, he seems to be leaning more towards disability inclusivity), rather than go full rainbow during June to bring in the money and then do nothing for the LGBTQ+ community.

If it's not something he supports or aligns himself with, it's better if the brand stays neutral. But that's just in my own opinion.

Edited by LuluChan

bbotss
4 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

@bbotss Oh, for sure
But I don't see what that has to do with LGBTQ+ positivity

What @Mars said, haha.

Edited by bbotss

finnleo
1 hour ago, LuluChan said:

(in this case, like the form or not, he seems to be leaning more towards disability inclusivity)

The trouble I personally as a amateur cynic have with all the "inclusivity" and what not stance taking is that I just dont believe that there is 100% sincerity going on.

like in the screenshots you posted a few pages ago, if there was real sincere motivation towards hobbyists with disabilities, instead of figuring out ways to ease the use of the product for people that dont have the necessary finger strength, like thinking of tools to help with it, or even designing something that you could 3D print yourself, instead there's just a notion "Maybe this isnt for you" with a wink emoji.

• Like 6

Selenae

@LuluChan After what was posted on page 64, I firmly believe everything about this man is fake. His 'inclusivity', his 'diversity', all of it is fake. It makes me really, really happy other companies stay neutral. I would much rather they do that than feign support for disabled people like myself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

LuluChan

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree and don't really think this is genuine inclusivity. Just saying that at least he seems to believe it is, and I'd personally rather it be that than just jumping on the June bandwagon while having 0 belief and support in the cause. It's like... the lesser evil? It doesn't make it any less wrong. My stance is still the same as it was a few pages back, sorry if I don't make myself clear.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, LuluChan said:

but I prefer it when brands and people pick the causes they believe in and work for them

Volks does charity auctions for the Make a Wish Foundation. This kind of fits their start as a small neighborhood toy store. I think they auction a unique doll at all their major events, but I am not sure if that includes every Dolpa. At the 2019 LA Dolpa the doll they auctioned sold for $42k.

Details at the bottom of this page: https://volksusa.com/event/2019dolpala/after_rep02.php#sec20

They’ve done customs of Disney Princesses that sold for enormous sums of money. I think Belle in her yellow ball gown sold for something like 30k at auction. 

• Like 2

luciaxtrix

I think it's cool that he is making things to be more inclusive, but I discovered that the prosthetic leg is only a shin part and doesn't come with a foot. That was disappointing and felt like an oversight. 

Selenae

@BeyondTime I LOVE that Volks does this, to be honest. They don't have to, but they do anyways and it makes me very happy. As far as frequency goes, I believe it's random, if I'm not mistaken. Volks will generally give ample notice as to when the charity auctions will be held, though.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

abs2891

On a smaller scale, volks also had a charity booth open at the latest dollpa where you could buy postcards featuring dolls and other small things. Also for make a wish. 

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/dolpa45/charity.html

Given the roll out of these products, a more substantive gesture to me would be giving a portion of their proceeds to funds supporting people with these disabilities though I do appreciate that they are free for those who have them.  

Katsudon

Does Danny realise that kids often don't have prosthetics because of the prohibitive cost for creating them for growing bodies?

(Although there are some in the works last I saw designed to accommodate this - made of softer, comfortable materials, and with swappable tools so kids can do things like colouring and other regular kid stuff more easily. Anyway. Sorry, just a thought that occurred to me considering the child friendly push.)

Like @LuluChan I'm relieved there's no pride stuff. Tired of the pinkwashing already from everywhere else. 😕

• Like 2

Maia

I know right it’s get annoying seeing brands just slap a rainbow on their logo every time it’s pride month. 

Edited by Mars
Correction
  • Like 1

Yumeiro
54 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

I'm relieved there's no pride stuff.

42 minutes ago, Mars said:

I know right it’s get annoying seeing brands just slap a rainbow on their logo every time it’s pride month. 

That's for sure. But I still find it surprising that he's not taken advantage of it over all these years.

• Like 1

Selenae

@Yumeiro Honestly, I am, too. You'd think Dolldemort would jump on feigning support for those of us in the LGBTQIA+ community. I'll admit the pride pinkwashing never bothered me, since I only buy pride-related things from small shops on Etsy anyways.

(I am happy there's more ace pride stuff in stores, though.)

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

DollyDearest

dolldemort lolz   so beautiful!   P.s i had a slight meltdown,  ( not on fb or any groups)   just at home.   meh Smart doll, Lelouch's arms kept poppin out..  an i cried like a baby. am so dumb..   so glad Dolldemort didn't hear me an what i said lol

monkeypizzasonic

Maybe he's worried that conservative parents won't let their kids buy SmD if they see him supporting pride stuff; it's only in the last decade that the "gay = not family-friendly" bs has started to melt away. Maybe he just doesn't feel as strongly about it or it hasn't impacted him as much as other "causes". Maybe he's reading this thread right now and writing up a big rant-y post on it or frantically working on some rainbow-colored tat just to show us up. IDK.

("Pinkwashing is bad!"

*Me, wearing a rainbow Mickey shirt and rainbow mask I made out of fabrics from Joann's while playing with my rainbow Lego set and eating my limited edition Kellogg's Pride cereal* "......."😳 )

some people read trashy romance novels, i buy dumb things with rainbows on them

DollyDearest
37 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Maybe he's worried that conservative parents won't let their kids buy SmD if they see him supporting pride stuff; it's only in the last decade that the "gay = not family-friendly" bs has started to melt away. Maybe he just doesn't feel as strongly about it or it hasn't impacted him as much as other "causes". Maybe he's reading this thread right now and writing up a big rant-y post on it or frantically working on some rainbow-colored tat just to show us up. IDK.

("Pinkwashing is bad!"

*Me, wearing a rainbow Mickey shirt and rainbow mask I made out of fabrics from Joann's while playing with my rainbow Lego set and eating my limited edition Kellogg's Pride cereal* "......."😳 )

some people read trashy romance novels, i buy dumb things with rainbows on them

idk if he knows this forum exists?..   but yea the whole conserves an gay bad thing.    Celestia forbid.    I supports the rainbow pride!