Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Error-Chan

Smart doll sculpt chart.

KingyoNingyo

Thanks so much for this chart! I honestly had no idea that so many dolls were repaints of the same sculpts. Now that Genesis and Entropy are out, will you add those to the chart? 

monkeypizzasonic

I guess the 3-eyed girls will need their own row as well.

• Like 1

Lurks

Does anyone know if the sculpt for Resolute is a completely new one, or one of the ones already on this chart? Her face-up is really unique and lovely, but I'm having a hard time seeing past it to judge which sculpt it is...

Katsudon

Dunno if this is the best place to post... but as this is about which Smart Dolls there are, thought it was worth noting that Journey alt in cinnamon is being discontinued. So go get her now if you want her! ^^;

Ai Priestess

I believe that Moment is an F6 sculpt as well. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. 

babylily

Thank you so much for this, it can be so difficult to tell which sculpts are the same, when they all have different names!

Miabird24

Has anyone noticed that people are suddenly receiving moonlight/ twilight/ kurenai heads as chaos heads? People are receiving some in cinnamon too so im thinking that he made a new mold since cinnamon didn't exist when it broke?

• Like 3

Silent

I have noticed also and surprised me pretty enough. It is questionable why would be so much Moonlight/Twilight/Kurenai heads left in stock for such a long time until nowdays. You are right, cinamon did not exist when Kurenai was first released.

I like Kurenai face mold. :)

Edited by Silent
  • Like 2

baldylox
22 hours ago, Miabird24 said:

Has anyone noticed that people are suddenly receiving moonlight/ twilight/ kurenai heads as chaos heads? People are receiving some in cinnamon too so im thinking that he made a new mold since cinnamon didn't exist when it broke?

13 hours ago, Silent said:

I have noticed also and surprised me pretty enough. It is questionable why would be so much Moonlight/Twilight/Kurenai heads left in stock for such a long time until nowdays. You are right, cinamon did not exist when Kurenai was first released.

I like Kurenai face mold. :)

The mold never broke.  It was an excuse so that he wouldn't have to make them anymore because he hated that head.  He said so many, many times online.  But after seeing how popular they got on the aftermarket, he decided to go back and start printing them again so people would buy more chaos head packs in hopes they would get a "rare" one.  I've seen at least 30 of these in different shades now including cinnamon so there's no way those were left over stock from before that he happened to stumble upon.  And the molds for these heads ( or any heads really) cost too much for him to have one remade just to release them randomly into chaos packs.  

The Kurenai/Moonlight head is by far one of the best heads he's ever had and why he hated it so much is a mystery.  It's nice to see them again but it irritates me to no end that he obviously lied about the mold breaking and is making a cash grab due to the popularity of the head.

I have no proof that this is what's happening, it's only what I gather by the info I've read and things I've witnessed.  But it sure makes sense when you add things up.

Billy

• Like 4

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lurks

I don't know why he hates that head either. It's by far the most unique sculpt he's got, in my humble opinion.

And if he really wanted to ruin the aftermarket, he'd put the sculpt up for regular sale again but we all know that's never gonna happen as this is totally a way to reward the most "loyal" of his fanbase by making it hard to get through Chaos only.

bbotss
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

The Kurenai/Moonlight head is by far one of the best heads he's ever had and why he hated it so much is a mystery.

9 minutes ago, Lurks said:

I don't know why he hates that head either. It's by far the most unique sculpt he's got, in my humble opinion.

Probably because it is the only smartdoll head that is "similar" to DD sculpts. Smartdoll heads tend to be flatter, especially when viewed from the side. The Kurenai sculpt is visibly more contoured. It likely doesn't sit well with him that one of his most popular heads is more DD-style than his default smartdoll-style.

Lurks

That's kind of a silly reason, honestly. The only thing that makes it Dollfie Dream-like is not having as flat a face as most of the other anime-style sculpts he's got (I say "mostly" because his anime collaboration dolls also seem not very flat-faced either), and with the semi-real sculpts his dolls have already started to veer away from absurdly flat profiles.

Kurenai's more full profile look is less of a Dollfie Dreams thing and more of an...actual decent head and face design thing, really. I bet even his most hardcore fans would love it if more of his sculpts would look photogenic from more angles than directly facing the camera. Think of how many more photos his fans/customers would take and how great that would be for advertisement/photos on the site!

But oh well. That's kind of a pipe-dream, isn't it?

moerunamida
6 hours ago, baldylox said:

The Kurenai/Moonlight head is by far one of the best heads he's ever had and why he hated it so much is a mystery.  It's nice to see them again but it irritates me to no end that he obviously lied about the mold breaking and is making a cash grab due to the popularity of the head.

I have no proof that this is what's happening, it's only what I gather by the info I've read and things I've witnessed.  But it sure makes sense when you add things up.

Billy

I remember him stating the mold broke. I've thought that he hated the head so much because it had the most dimension out of all his dolls and thus resembled a DD head the closest. It's such a shame, because it really is a beautiful sculpt.

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

ChrisFhey

Does anyone have a comparison between the Kurenai head and the other Smart Doll ones?

abs2891
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

Does anyone have a comparison between the Kurenai head and the other Smart Doll ones?

Not all of them, but a start - looking at this I can definitely see the depth difference and how it’s closer to a DD sculpt whereas the Mirai has me more recalling the look of azone

Edited by abs2891

ChrisFhey

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Mirai is decidedly lacking in the nose department and seems to have no profile to her lips either.

finnleo

A few thoughts on the broken mold thing ... Broken isnt the same as destroyed.

Broken as far as I recall from a composite manufacturing stand point means you cant really use it as intended for whatever reason.

resolving this reason could mean the following: monetary investment, or un-economical monetary investment.

so if the producer has feelings against what the mold puts out, there probably isnt motivation to fix it then and there... though situations might change ... who knows, maybe some high tier mugshotpamflet group had requests for it, so the mold might have been repaired.

if the supposed new batches are strictly in the chaos selection there could even be a chronic tolerance issue with the mold (heavy seams, misalignment of the halves), and was shelved from main production because of that.

I dont deny all other things considered that it could just be a outright lie, but just trying the whole giving a fair shake thing on for size again...

EDIT: This ended up in the wrong topic for whatever reason.... Was meant to go here

Mod Edit: Moved to correct topic. 

Bellatrix

I think it would be really nice if these charts were updated after any new release that actually went live, as I suck at distinguishing the heads lol

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Tasuke
On 5/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lurks said:

...The only thing that makes it Dollfie Dream-like is not having as flat a face as most of the other anime-style sculpts he's got (I say "mostly" because his anime collaboration dolls also seem not very flat-faced either), and with the semi-real sculpts his dolls have already started to veer away from absurdly flat profiles.

Kurenai's more full profile look is less of a Dollfie Dreams thing and more of an...actual decent head and face design thing, really. I bet even his most hardcore fans would love it if more of his sculpts would look photogenic from more angles than directly facing the camera...

i'm... not really getting at all what could possibly be so overtly unappealing off-angle about the SM's "Flat Face"

in fact, Mirai's sculpt has appealed to me as one of the most thoroughly charming Anime doll sculpts out there for years now.

indeed, i'd have long since gotten one of my own, if i could afford both the price of entry and maintenance involved in 1/3...

DSC033022.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 2

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Tasuke said:

i'm... not really getting at all what could possibly be so overtly unappealing off-angle about the SM's "Flat Face"

SmartDolls are SmartDolls, and can look like their own thing as opposed to looking like DD or Obitsu. 

I think some of the issue comes from some of the sculpts looking like the only difference between them is the size and shape of the eye holes. If no changes are made in the third dimension, you probably do tend to have a sense of sameness from face to face. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SonataAvalon
On 5/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, K-2 said:

the Haruka head and with different face ups, hair, eyes, etc. and they really don't look like they share the same head type. Going into Smart Dolls knowing this, I really was kind of puzzled with the flap about dolls sharing the same sculpt.

There is a Haruka drawing for a smart doll anime and LEGIT SHE HAS PINK HAIR! 

I do like redhead Haruka, but pinkuka stans rise up

Edited by SonataAvalon

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Roxanne
15 hours ago, SonataAvalon said:

There is a Haruka drawing for a smart doll anime and LEGIT SHE HAS PINK HAIR! 

I do like redhead Haruka, but pinkuka stans rise up

Yes. I never quite understood why the doll version of Haruka got orange hair instead of the pink she had in the original art.

I heard from a couple of people the pink was apparantly really hard to make into a wig. Why I'm not sure. Maybe it was difficult to get a hold of the right color hairs? It does is noticeable that Smart Doll doesn't really do any fantasy colors in their wigs. With exception to the lavender one, which is a pretty recent wig. Back in the time of Haruka I believe there were only natural colored wigs? Maybe it was a case of having only limited color hair available, or maybe Danny just thought the pink didn't transfer very well to her doll version and made it orange instead. 

But now that we have the lovely lavender wig that comes with some dolls, I am hopeful maybe Haruka will get her pink hair someday! 

My instagram! 

SonataAvalon
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I heard from a couple of people the pink was apparently really hard to make into a wig. Why I'm not sure.

Yes. I never quite understood why the doll version of Haruka got orange hair instead of the pink she had in the original art.

1.  "I heard from a couple of people the pink was apparently really hard to make into a wig. Why I'm not sure." Hard to make as in, "I couldn't get the colors right?" or "I couldn't get the time or people to help?"

My guess is the colors and making the dye for pink.

Or... covid... as one other option. Maybe there was a markup or blueprints of the wig, but it couldn't come to pass? Maybe Danny tried reaching out, (I expect he does not do that often) and couldn't meet ends? If only he was more trusting of outsiders.

(I was not really interested and loved dolls back then. But if I was the person I am now, I would've loved to see DC and maybe Volks work together making this doll look like the anime one. Maybe using a Dollfie Mini body?)

remember shipping back and forth from here and there and trading back at those times was really limited and could take days for Japan. 

2. From what the anime art is showing me, and as an artist and an author. Spiritually, she gives me the perfect picture of the little sister troupe most anime gives me. Her doll version gives me the feeling she's "fired up" or "resolutely brash" But I can get the whole "It was hard to make, so have the color closest to pink"

From I get, what this could be, I see this form of Haruka as the more older version. (I do have some form of knowledge of her age but still, her doll height doesn't match her anime counterpart)

If it's more of "Well, Mirai has brown hair, shouldn't Haruka have red?" I can understand it.

(Genes for hair and eyes are amazingly weird, if you were me, I'd go watch a matpat video, he explains this way better than I would) 

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Bellatrix
23 hours ago, Tasuke said:

in fact, Mirai's sculpt has appealed to me as one of the most thoroughly charming Anime doll sculpts out there for years now.

indeed, i'd have long since gotten one of my own, if i could afford both the price of entry and maintenance involved in 1/3...

DSC033022.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

The anime style smartdoll heads have no real cheekbones/soft cheeks dimensional, they are pretty flat except for the noses and (not very defined) lips.

This is the main reason why I have had a couple of smd's in the past, and sold them pretty much as soon as I got them.

What I think has changed the smd overall looks is the semi-real sculpt, which has a much more 3D look, in both the older and newer versions.

I personally prefer the newer versions with nostrils, which are truly beautiful IMO.

I'll be honest, though, despite my personal non-preference of flat anime smd faces, I think it's the kind of sculpt that resembles anime characters better... especially when you compare it to DD's (which are beautiful, and have always been my go-to choice), as I feel they rarely resemble the original characters.

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

PolitelyNefarious

Giving this topic a small bump to say that Chitose Multiverse is apparently F7. Also, sculpts are going under 'G' now- Gemini is G01, Genesis is G02, Monday is G03.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg