Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Janeway

DDP chat and information

Janeway

Going to make her into Rini from sailor moon.

If anyone has made chibi moon feel free to post pictures. 

• Like 1

solebria
On 6/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, Janeway said:

Going to make her into Rini from sailor moon.

If anyone has made chibi moon feel free to post pictures. 

I don't own Chibiusa (Rini) myself, but I have always liked this person's custom Chibiusa/Chibi Moon!

Janeway

To the above person that picture is cool.

jLazy

Do all ddp bodies have the f3 skeleton? 

jLazy

Thanks was curious as I saw some listings on yahoo jp auctions mention f3 in item description while some did not. 

Janeway

Still working on my girl.

Now lates chat about clothes and shoes. How/What dose your girls wear?

BeyondTime
On 7/13/2019 at 3:57 AM, jLazy said:

Thanks was curious as I saw some listings on yahoo jp auctions mention f3 in item description while some did not. 

DDP were the very first F3 bodies released.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nettle_tea

I snagged a dream choice DDP girl with a 06 head while I was in Japan a couple months ago. I really love the DDP body and she looks great in the MDD sized clothes I got for her. I would love to see some pictures of your doll when you've put her together!

jLazy

I am expecting my DDP to arrive next week. I have not purchased a stand yet.

Any suggestions on stands which would be suitable for the DDP

The MSD wooden stand from volks does not list DDP in sizes it will fit. 

solebria
On 7/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, jLazy said:

I am expecting my DDP to arrive next week. I have not purchased a stand yet.

Any suggestions on stands which would be suitable for the DDP

The MSD wooden stand from volks does not list DDP in sizes it will fit. 

Congratulations on your new DDP!

For the volks MSD stand to work for a DDP, you would need buy an extender. It's a little piece of metal that attaches to the pole and extends to the height of a DDP. It should work for both the wood and metal saddle/waist MSD stands.

Edited by solebria

Janeway

nettle_tea thanks and yes l well post lots of pictures. 

I finally got the 1/3 bid furniture that l been waiting for. Rini loves black so l painted her chair black.

20190728_112400.jpg

Edited by Janeway
To add Pictures

jLazy

I saw a mdd dress I really liked on Etsy. The seller gladly made one in DDP size after I provided measurements. I guess it is worth a try to ask seller if they would make DDP size if see something you really like. My DDP and dress came in 2 weeks ago :) 

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/690314672/hina-gardenlittle-animalmddmsd?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=hina+garden&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&sca=1

2ywtt1c.jpg

Edited by jLazy
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, jLazy said:

I saw a mdd dress I really liked on Etsy. The seller gladly made one in DDP size after I provided measurements. I guess it is worth a try to ask seller if they would make DDP size if see something you really like. My DDP and dress came in 2 weeks ago :)

It's a cute dress, it's awesome they were willing to do that.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria

@jLazy That is such a cute dress! Some etsy sellers are really nice to customize certain dresses to different sizes.

So recently I managed to snatch MDD internal hand frames from Volks International to make some comparisons with the Obitsu (50 cm) internal hand frame for DDP or Obitsu (50 cm) use. Unfortunately, they are not a match.

qy875Ln.jpg?3

Right away you can see that the part of the MDD internal frame is wide so it does not fit at all with the small and dainty obitsu hands. In fact, they are just exactly like the DDP internal hand frame but there is a small difference...

D4oXRcR.jpg?1

The bottom part of the DDP internal hand frame is what makes it click onto the DDP internal arm frame. Without it, it does not hook onto the internal arm frame and hence why the MDD internal frame, while almost identical, lacks this part and doesn't attach so it falls down.

And so now I am left with an MDD internal hand frame that I have currently no use for...possibly for a MDD in the future haha. Well, it was worth the shot! 😅

cfx

Why Volks did that: DDP was an entirely new body and was f3 from the beginning, so they made those wrist joints with the "click ring" in the same way most other joints on f3 were done. For MDD and DD, Volks instead decided to keep the wrist joints identical from the previous bodies (DDIII and the like) so they didn't put the click rings on them.

I may be mistaken, but I think I read here that previously MDD wrist joints were not sold as a separate part at all though, so in the case of that body perhaps it's an odd decision anyway.

solebria

Even with the reason as to why, it is a weird decision on their part to only do the click ring with the DDP wrist joints. They probably went with it to make it unique/separate from MDD wrist joints. If they could do without the click ring for the new MDD and DD f3 bodies, then they could have done the same thing with the DDP. They could have sold just one internal hand frame that was MDD and DDP compatible just like how there's one internal hand frame that is compatible with DDS, DD, and DDdy. I guess only Volks knows their reason for this production choice.

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, solebria said:

Even with the reason as to why, it is a weird decision on their part to only do the click ring with the DDP wrist joints. They probably went with it to make it unique/separate from MDD wrist joints. If they could do without the click ring for the new MDD and DD f3 bodies, then they could have done the same thing with the DDP. They could have sold just one internal hand frame that was MDD and DDP compatible just like how there's one internal hand frame that is compatible with DDS, DD, and DDdy. I guess only Volks knows their reason for this production choice.

DDP wrists don't have the adjustment screw inside of the arm. I am guessing that is why they have a click joint in place of friction. I think the arm is just too small to allow for the screw.

solebria

I am back again to talk about another round of DDP and Obitsu (48/50 cm) compatibility. Someone asked, a while back, if Obitsu (48/50 cm) bust could fit in a DDP body. This is because DDP only has the small bust and, well, who knows when Volks will make bigger busts for the DDP. I was busy to answer when this question was brought up, and seeing how no one replied to this question, I decided to finally answer it.

I currently only own an Obitsu bust M type and an S type bust (which Cleo currently has). For my example, I decided to use the M bust which should give an idea if someone decides to go for the L  bust. I apologize beforehand for the terrible camera pictures!

aqgz1U7l.jpg

Here, I have my DDP Amane with the Obitsu bust M type. Just a tad bigger than the DDP S bust. While there is a small bit of a skin different between DDP flesh skin and Obitsu White, with certain clothes, it will not be noticeable at all. The fit is actually pretty good!

EEjkqdyl.jpg

Even though not pictured, Amane can use her arms pretty well and there's hardly any difference in look (when it comes to mobility) when comparing it to the DDP bust. 

IvPRD1ll.jpg

P36gEavl.jpg

Now, here are close-ups on both bust size. (DDP S on the left and Obitsu M on the right)

While now I am considering buying an Obitsu bust L type, I believe the only thing to keep in mind is the shirt size. Many MDD clothes barely fit DDP S bust so you will have to be on the hunt for more Obitsu (50 cm) clothing or MSD/MDD clothes that fits larger bust sizes.

• Like 3

Janeway

Solebria thanks for the information and love the pictures. 

Edited by Janeway

solebria
On 8/19/2019 at 3:07 PM, Janeway said:

Solebria thanks for the information and love the pictures. 

No problem! I am happy to always help answer questions, when I can. Since I did decide to go for the Obitsu L bust, I might possibly make an update to show better pictures with mobility comparisons and how it fit/looks with certain clothes on. 

Janeway

Hi guys l know it's been long since I updated this but here's an update.......

I bought a obitsu 45/50cm boy upper and lower parts to see if the ddp skeleton would fit and it dose perfectly. I am not sure if the ddp thighs well fit (going to order the obitsu 50cm lower part if not) so now on to the pictures. 

20190904_131650.jpg

20190904_131618.jpg

Janeway

Here is the obitsu L bust on the ddp lower part of the body as well. 

20190904_125530.jpg

20190904_125615.jpg

• Like 2

Shailara

Btw, in case someone hasn't thought about it, clothes from Azone for their 50cm line fit the DDP almost perfectly, long sleeves might be just slightly longer than "perfect", same as pants :)

• Like 1

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)