Baldylox

BeyondTime

Beyond Time's Photo Randoms

BeyondTime

Princess Makoto & Her Christmas Gift.

Princess Makoto.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 8

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

Love that Christmas outfit. Sad I missed out on it for a good price since they go for so much these days..

BeyondTime
57 minutes ago, Beani said:

Love that Christmas outfit. Sad I missed out on it for a good price since they go for so much these days..

Mine came from Mandarake. I missed the Volks USA one by a second or so.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

If anyone is looking to buy these from Mandarake, search for both Holy and Holi, because there are two listings for each of the outfits. Currently the Holy ones are in stock, while the Holi ones are not.

BeyondTime

A few more Christmas Gifts. Makoto kind of made out like a bandit this year.

49411172643_00dd1fbdb8_o.jpg

Chihaya's dress has some slight alterations. I added a few more loops for the hooks to go into, otherwise the top looked a bit big on her.

Edit: Just did a stain patrol, and so far no stains on Chihaya from the blue skirt, or Makoto from the Sporty outfit. Makoto has worn this for about a week, Chihaya has worn hers for a few weeks.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 5

cfx

Nice to see how the Sporty outfit fits on DDS; looks quite nice.

I like Chihaya's dress. Miki's version is ok too, but I still think that one looks like lingerie, heh.

Are those sneakers Mio Honda's shoes? I think maybe we already discussed this, but are those as large as the black ones? From that angle it looks like they might be.

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, cfx said:

Are those sneakers Mio Honda's shoes? I think maybe we already discussed this, but are those as large as the black ones? From that angle it looks like they might be.

Yes, and they are a bit smaller than the black ones. Maybe 3/16 of an inch shorter.

cfx
41 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Yes, and they are a bit smaller than the black ones. Maybe 3/16 of an inch shorter.

Any reduction in length is at least an improvement. From the front these look somewhat bulky, though I know real shoes of this type sort of look that way anyway. I like the DD and DDS body proportions, but they do kinda have chicken legs which may add to the shoes looking more bulky too.

The size being different is really kind of puzzling. I would think it'd be simplest to make such similar sneakers from the basic same show pattern, and perhaps even use the same rubber/vinyl sole piece. I say the same thing about a lot of Volks shoes and boots though.

growcian
On 1/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, BeyondTime said:

Mine came from Mandarake. I missed the Volks USA one by a second or so.

Yeah, that was a mess.

Back on topic, I love how your Makoto looks in the HNG.

@onion8@

• Thanks 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, growcian said:

Yeah, that was a mess.

Back on topic, I love how your Makoto looks in the HNG.

Yeah, I decided before the event started that if I didn't get it I would spend the extra $70 to get it from Mandarake. It was easier to make the leap to $200 when I was already committed to $130.

11 hours ago, cfx said:

All the parts except the jacket are quite stretchy, so fit isn't an issue.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
40 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:
12 hours ago, cfx said:

All the parts except the jacket are quite stretchy, so fit isn't an issue.

Looks really nice. I was more concerned it might look loose on DDS and smaller busts since it's also SDGr-compatible. I waffled too long and miseed the Sporty Girly one but Volks still has this one available.

I know from various pictures that the jackets are pratically big tents which I wish they weren't but as your picture shows they aren't needed anyway.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

Looks really nice. I was more concerned it might look loose on DDS and smaller busts since it's also SDGr-compatible. I waffled too long and miseed the Sporty Girly one but Volks still has this one available.

I know from various pictures that the jackets are pratically big tents which I wish they weren't but as your picture shows they aren't needed anyway.

The pink jacket that came with the racing swimsuit set fits DD really well, and the jacket that comes with the set Makoto is wearing doesn't seem big on a DDIII. I haven't tried it on DDS yet.

The jacket that comes with the Sporty set for L bust is tent like at the waist, but fits the shoulders and bust well. If you use it on the C-Type stand it works out pretty well because the extra space allows space for the stand. I'll post some photos later. I'm not sure it would be any less tent like on an SDGr, because the hips aren't all that different.

cfx
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The jacket that comes with the Sporty set for L bust is tent like at the waist, but fits the shoulders and bust well. If you use it on the C-Type stand it works out pretty well because the extra space allows space for the stand. I'll post some photos later.

That's probably the one I was thinking of mainly, and perhaps assumed the other one was similar. I don't know why they made it that way. I posted a pic in another thread from one of the Volks store blogs:

Edit: Looking at the pictures on the Volks webstore, the jacket with the Sporty set Makoto is wearing still has that reverse taper where the wait is larger than the top, maybe not to the same degree though. I just don't know why they designed them like that.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'll post some photos later. I'm not sure it would be any less tent like on an SDGr, because the hips aren't all that different.

In general that's another reason the loose DD fit on so many outfits is puzzling to me, for SDGr-designed outfits. I've never seen an SDGr in person, but all the published measurements make it look fairly similar to DD in most dimensions other than the tiny waist on DD.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

Sakura Shinguji: DDIII S-Bust in the jacket from the Swimming Club Junior Set (This is an L-Bust outfit jacket)

Takane Shijou: DDIII L Bust in the jacket from the Sporty Casual Girly Set.

Ami Mizuno: DDS-f3 S-Bust in the jacket from the Sporty Casual Boyish Set.

49417175566_af7a13d49e_o.jpg

Asuna Yuuki: DDIII M-Bust in the jacket from the Sporty Casual Boyish Set.

Miki Hoshi: DDS L-Bust in the jacket from the Sporty Casual Girly Set.

49417175806_8905af3b0c_o.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 5

cfx

Thanks for those. :)

I like the swimming club jacket much more than the ones from the sporty sets, but those also fit better than I thought they did. I think I see what is going on there though; it's the material those are made of that makes them want to puff up and out. This is visible in how the sleeves look, and the pictures I'd seen before like that Volks pic shows them not zipped closed, so they just kind of billow out.

It's interesting that the Sporty Girly jacket is much longer than the Boyish one. It also doesn't look like there's any real difference between fit on DD and DDS.

I think the swimming club jacket has a more finished look because it has the cuffs on the sleeves and the band on the bottom.

Now I have to consider getting the swimming club outfits lol since the jackets are also nice.

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, cfx said:

Now I have to consider getting the swimming club outfits lol since the jackets are also nice.

As far as I can tell the jackets from both the Senior and Junior sets are identical in size. The swimsuit that comes with the Junior set fits Takane well. I haven't tried it on Miki, but overall I would say both sets are worth getting. The inside of the jacket is lined with white, but the sleeves aren't. I suspect the material may not be dyed, and the white lining is more of a style choice.

Sakura has been wearing the pink one, zipped closed with nothing on under it except a pair of bikini bottoms, for about a six weeks, and there is no sign of staining anywhere. I haven't really tried the yellow one on anyone except briefly to compare the fit between the two.

It's interesting that the Sporty Girly jacket is much longer than the Boyish one. It also doesn't look like there's any real difference between fit on DD and DDS.

I think thing about the boyish set's jacket is that it is a bit long in the sleeves on DDS.

This is visible in how the sleeves look, and the pictures I'd seen before like that Volks pic shows them not zipped closed, so they just kind of billow out.

I had to adjust the fit a bit in the back on the Girly set's jacket. Like I said, it's perfect for a C-clamp stand because there is extra room.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

As far as I can tell the jackets from both the Senior and Junior sets are identical in size. The swimsuit that comes with the Junior set fits Takane well. I haven't tried it on Miki, but overall I would say both sets are worth getting. The inside of the jacket is lined with white, but the sleeves aren't. I suspect the material may not be dyed, and the white lining is more of a style choice.

Sakura has been wearing the pink one, zipped closed with nothing on under it except a pair of Bikini bottoms, for about a six weeks, and there is no sign of staining anywhere. I haven't really tried the yellow one on anyone except briefly to compare the fit between the two

I had been considering the Senior one as I think the swimsuit can work for a race queen if paired with stockings and high-heel shoes. I hadn't even really looked at the junior one before, but it also looks like something that could be worn as a top as part of another outfit since it's mostly like a camisole in design. I'm just not overly hot on swimsuits as something for my girls to be wearing, so I like that they can be somewhat repurposed into other things too.

Anyway, they're both still available from Volks, and Mandarake has the Senior one so I'll look into getting them.

1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I think thing about the boyish set's jacket is that it is a bit long in the sleeves on DDS.

I noticed; its sleeves seem longer as it looks too long on Asuna too while the other one isn't that way on Takane. Volks sleeves being too long is just a chronic problem though so I don't even get fazed by that one anymore.

BeyondTime
18 hours ago, cfx said:

I had been considering the Senior one as I think the swimsuit can work for a race queen if paired with stockings and high-heel shoes. I hadn't even really looked at the junior one before, but it also looks like something that could be worn as a top as part of another outfit since it's mostly like a camisole in design.

Both those ideas should work. I may mess around with that and post some photos.

18 hours ago, cfx said:

I'm just not overly hot on swimsuits as something for my girls to be wearing, so I like that they can be somewhat repurposed into other things too.

I have Asuna & Shiburin in swimsuits for the sake of displaying them in the racing suit, and Yayoi in her school swimsuit because I bought it specifically for her.

A lot of times I use swimsuits because they are simple to put on and take off, and none of them seem to stain. They are kind of nice for when the doll is just sitting on the shelf waiting for me to do something with her. They provide basic modesty, and it only takes a few seconds to undress them for an outfit change. I like hoodies for the same reason.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I have Asuna & Shiburin in swimsuits for the sake of displaying them in the racing suit, and Yayoi in her school swimsuit because I bought it specifically for her.

A lot of times I use swimsuits because they are simple to put on and take off, and none of them seem to stain. They are kind of nice for when the doll is just sitting on the shelf waiting for me to do something with her. They provide basic modesty, and it only takes a few seconds to undress them for an outfit change. I like hoodies for the same reason.

I'm probably more thinking about the bikini swimsuits which my comment as I'm not particularly interested in those as I usually just find them kind of boring. I remember seeing some that @Yenna made that were really really nice, but what Volks offers in those I haven't liked.

BeyondTime
On 1/20/2020 at 7:50 PM, cfx said:

I had been considering the Senior one as I think the swimsuit can work for a race queen if paired with stockings and high-heel shoes.

I wasn't able to try this because as it happens all I have are tights and not pantyhose or fishnets. I thought about just trying it with those, but they have a fairly thick hem at the top, and I am pretty sure it's going to be outlined under the swimsuit.

If you were going to get fishnets to go with the swimsuit, I would look for some that have very minimal seams or hems, or which have them in a place that won't really show.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
43 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I wasn't able to try this because as it happens all I have are tights and not pantyhose or fishnets. I thought about just trying it with those, but they have a fairly thick hem at the top, and I am pretty sure it's going to be outlined under the swimsuit.

If you were going to get fishnets to go with the swimsuit, I would look for some that have very minimal seams or hems, or which have them in a place that won't really show.

I hadn't really thought much about that. I have some sheer ones that use a thin elastic with a lace edge but I don't know if it'll show or not. From your pictures, the swimsuit doesn't appear to show the torso joint so I'm assuming the material is thick enough (or lined?) where it hides at least a little.

I've got about a dozen pair. :classic_laugh: I got them when I made my one and only order from Taobao. They were cheap and I haven't really found them elsewhere. Even though a lot came from the same seller they're not all made the same. One pair that might have worked just has the material knit different towards the top where they are more opaque and as such doesn't have any real extra bulk at the waistline. Unfortunately there's a defect or maybe the beginning of a run in this pair.

I've got a bunch of sparkly ones but some of those don't have the sparkle part go all the way up so I know those won't work. I don't have any fishnets.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, cfx said:

From your pictures, the swimsuit doesn't appear to show the torso joint so I'm assuming the material is thick enough (or lined?) where it hides at least a little.

That has to do with how the material gets stretched across various parts of the torso. There are some spots where there is a gap between the doll and the cloth at the torso joint.

cfx
6 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That has to do with how the material gets stretched across various parts of the torso. There are some spots where there is a gap between the doll and the cloth at the torso joint.

Aha, I sort of suspected that because the waists in your pictures don't look small enough for DD; Shiburin almost looks like she has SDGr proportions.

In that case I wonder if my idea will work at all. I know with the Volks bunnygirl costumes you can see that line where the fishnet nylons end under the leotard and it detracts from the look. With that at least there's the jacket to cover part of it; here there wouldn't be anything to hide any of it.

Aliezen

Cute!

BeyondTime

Kaede looking cute yet dangerous in her motorcycle leather.

49637030758_c985caedc6_o.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 4