Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ohana

do these outfits stain?

Galvatim

Nanami's panties from her default set totally stain.  I don't recall if any other part does, it's been a while since I had it on any of my DDs.  

Volks has gotten better about lining their outfits, but staining is still an issue.  Oddly enough, it seems like their older stuff is less likely to stain, @mitsuki's Haruhi had her socks on, standing, for years, and had no stains when we checked.  

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

@Ohana, if you're worried about staining, the other thing I'd add is to watch for wigs! I've actually had much worse staining issues with wigs than I have with clothes. Black and dark blue wig caps = bad news, baby. Volks seems especially bad at this, too. 

I totally second that, wig stains are the worst.

I think I have found the modern Volks cloths are safer than they used to be, but you still get stains from the seam threads. I personally would never trust a Volks black, dark blue, or dark red not to stain.

One note I would make about stains is they are going to happen, but body stains are pretty easy to remove. Protecting the head and face is the most important thing. It's really a pain to get stains out of a head, because you have to be so careful of the faceup. White cloth wig caps are a must, and even with them on you should still take the wig off periodically to check for bleed through.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Also, since it is Ram that you're getting, you won't have wig cap issues as hers is light colored. You can see it in some of the closeup pictures here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/teaoevo/archives/1907710.html

I'm not sure if I was clear on that earlier, Volks only AFAIK uses the dark wig caps on dark colored wigs like black, brown, or dark blue.

Beani

Can confirm that Rem/Rams default outfit does not pose a stain risk as they are lined. Just be careful with having their hands touch the black fabric or touching the black with your hands then transferring to the doll. I washed my hands after dressing Ram to avoid any trouble when putting on the wig. Also check for any loose black threads that may have gotten past the lining , I luckily only had some in the bottom of the skirt where she is protected by the socks  

Ram’s wig is definitely a light colored cap so no chance of staining. You won’t need a wig cap if keeping her in the default.

Once you get and remove your first stain it will be a lot less scary  the only stain that you can’t really recover from is the face more or less. And clothes generally won’t touch there at all.

Small edit: Gabriel’s concern about the black straps is definitely valid on this outfit. I chose to take the risk as it looked safe but if you are super concerned just line the straps with some Volks tape for a bit of added safety. 

Edit: After redressing Ram I have to correct my statement above. The detached sleeves stained at points of pressure even though they are lined. 

Edited by Beani
  • Thanks 2