Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

September 2019 New Outfit Collection

Beani

The website going down doesn’t surprise me after seeing the interest at Doll Point yesterday. I was not expecting a large crowd or much demand but the place was swarmed with SD owners after the White Rose collection. In fact many of them were lining more than once to get multiples of those (I didn’t even know that was allowed but the staff definitely were saying it was ok). The tuxes and delivery sets were also exceptionally popular with the SD owners. 

The White Rose collection was labeled best of the best in the magazine. With a release just two years ago it was crazy to see the clamor for those sets yesterday (they were close to running for them when allowed in the purchase area, not seen that before with so many people). Don’t understand the appeal myself, I was just there for the devil hoodie. 

With such demand at a physical location not even aimed at SD owners I can believe there were a lot going after those outfits online too. 

I really wish Japanese stores would learn how to load balance their websites. But even Premium Bandai goes down for an hour or so when there is a major Metal Build preorder. There just seems to be something fundamentally wrong with their infrastructure (or JP fans/scalpers just hit these websites harder than overseas popular brands but I find that difficult to believe).

Given the timing of the Volks website upgrade and the original removal of PayPal lined up perfect with a major PayPal compatibility upgrade (that deprecated some site builds) I always assumed they updated the website in a rush to try and be compatible, failed to meet the deadline and removed PayPal then added it back to rushjob site they are now stuck with. Could be they commissioned a company for the whole thing as well and they failed to deliver.

Edit: @foo the boots seem to have restocked!

Also for those considering the cardigans for DD I’d recommend not to. They had one displayed on DD and it was wayyyy too big.

Edited by Beani

foo
15 minutes ago, Beani said:

Given the timing of the Volks website upgrade and the original removal of PayPal lined up perfect with a major PayPal compatibility upgrade (that deprecated some site builds) I always assumed they updated the website in a rush to try and be compatible

I brought this up in the other thread about the website, but Jan 1st lines up with Oracles extortion date for the change in Java licensing costs. Before it was more like a flat rate based on installation size, then they changed it with like ~eight months advance warning to be per user per computer and, well just a heck of a lot more money. I think Volks just noped out of that and threw all their Java stuff out the window, which included the old website.

Ooh! Let me see if I can get those boots.. @Beani thanks! Got them. Felt weird to get past the credit card page, it was like discovering new territory.

Edited by foo

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, foo said:

I brought this up in the other thread about the website, but Jan 1st lines up with Oracles extortion date for the change in Java licensing costs. Before it was more like a flat rate based on installation size, then they changed it with like ~eight months advance warning to be per user per computer and, well just a heck of a lot more money. I think Volks just noped out of that and threw all their Java stuff out the window, which included the old website.

Ooh! Let me see if I can get those boots.. @Beani thanks! Got them. Felt weird to get past the credit card page, it was like discovering new territory.

Congrats, can't wait to see your dolls in them.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
29 minutes ago, foo said:

Glad you got them! Congrats!

And perhaps you are right on Oracle. Sounds like it could have been a perfect storm of deprecating options that led to this new websites issues. 

cfx

Clearly Volks changed the site without really being prepared, as the initial thing where all overseas orders couldn't use the cart system to pay but required Volks to check items and send an email with the total made a lot more work for them. So I suspect there was some reason they had to do it on a specific deadline like suggested above.

Payment processor changed too didn't it? I don't rememember what specifically I saw in the last event, but I don't think it's Nicos anymore.

I see the full-size mail carrier set is sold out online too, and as that isn't compatible with DD at all, obviously it sold to SD owners. I don't get the appeal of that or the White Rose school outfits, but I know my tastes are weird. That makes much more sense that the White Rose are a Best rerelease after all; I guess it's on oversight they aren't shown that way on the website.

Most of the shoes are still in stock now, and the two tuxedos are as well; I know at least one of those showed as sold out earlier.

cfx

A number of items in this set that were sold out yesterday are showing in stock again.

Beani

Not sure if people noticed the new wig release that lined up with the September collection but this new cut is awesome. Was very tempted but my main girl already has so many wigs and Ram/2B need particular colours. I expect I’ll break and buy it eventually though.

48778268198_aa93085e84_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48778620766_6111635e9c_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

Also a shot of the oversized cardigan I was warning people off:

48778805712_97769959af_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

• Like 2

cfx

Indeed that cardigan looks bad. That's more like "kid playing dress-up with daddy's clothing" than a fashion statement.

Your other picture shows how nice those Alchemist sets look but I'm terrified of the staining potential of those. I see some parts are lined but that kind of crepe-like material is likely the stuff that would stain hands and arms that come in contact with the outer parts.

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

Your other picture shows how nice those Alchemist sets look

The hat on that set really only works with SD too.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DesertPhantom51
On 9/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Beani said:

Not sure if people noticed the new wig release that lined up with the September collection but this new cut is awesome. Was very tempted but my main girl already has so many wigs and Ram/2B need particular colours. I expect I’ll break and buy it eventually though.

48778268198_aa93085e84_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

48778620766_6111635e9c_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

I never would've considered those wigs, and now I want one and missed my order with it.   Does anybody know if these will be coming to the USA store, and how that works for the lottery?  I never see wigs in those. 

Beani
7 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

I never would've considered those wigs, and now I want one and missed my order with it.   Does anybody know if these will be coming to the USA store, and how that works for the lottery?  I never see wigs in those. 

I know right? The styling on this girl was much better than any stock photo I saw. 

I believe these wigs are new standard items so they should be pretty easy to get for the foreseeable future (they discontinued heaps of styles recently as well so I expect more new ones to release). Whether they go to US or not though I’m not sure. 

• Like 1

nettle_tea

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any outfits for 2B until she actually arrives, but... the Lady Spica set is so lovely (thanks for the pictures, Beani!). I almost made it, haha! It's too bad the devil hoodie sold out so fast, because I would have liked to snag that too.

The issues everyone had with checking out sounds an awful lot like what I went through for the last event. I spent something like two hours trying to send a payment, and finally had to give up and go to sleep... but the time I woke up the next morning, everything I wanted was sold out. Really a shame that hasn't been fixed yet.