Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

rightsidethru

Hello from SoCal!

rightsidethru

Hello, everyone! My name is Bryanna and I'm a collector in SoCal (specifically in the Inland Empire). I'm twistedwonderlanddolls on IG and, until the start of September... only had one vinyl doll. :D;; Though my resin BJD collection currently stands at 150+. *coughs*

My current vinyl girl is a DDy standard Miko. I had bought her late last year/early this year to see how I felt about vinyl dolls... and then she kinda got overlooked with incoming resin family members. 😕 I didn't particularly bond with her, so she was sorta just... there.

But! I ended up taking her with me to Dolpa this September and fell in love with her (vinyl?? is so much lighter?? than resin?? such a difference from lugging around Lucia vs. Miko!! 😱). When I got home, I promptly bought a DDH-01 head on Mandarake (currently waiting on a body to ship!) and a tan DDH-09 on eBay! So the vinyl bug has finally bit me hard. 😂

It's definitely going to be a big difference for me from resin to vinyl. Resin is easy enough to handle and care for, but there's some dread at a vinyl doll's care--so many nightmare stories about staining. I bought a body suit when I first got Miko and I have suits incoming for the 01 and 09, but the eBay listing on the tan DDS mentioned a stain already... so the next step after this intro is digging through sub-forums and seeing if zit-removal cream is safe for tan dolls. :D;;;

Despite my less-than-low-key fretting, I definitely do want at least a couple more vinyl dolls, standard, character, and customized. :) 

growcian

@onion12@

If you get the chance, meet the SoCal crowd  in person.

Edited by growcian

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Meowjima

Another person from SoCal!

I actually lived in the Inland Empire for a while, before moving to the LA area.

yukiri

150+?! To think I have troubles finding room for my three and their clothes + accessories. I think I'd have to get a bigger apartment, but that would make this hobby even more expensive than it already is. >_<"

How long have you been collecting to have that many? What are your favorites?

rightsidethru
22 hours ago, yukiri said:

150+?! To think I have troubles finding room for my three and their clothes + accessories. I think I'd have to get a bigger apartment, but that would make this hobby even more expensive than it already is. >_<"

How long have you been collecting to have that many? What are your favorites?

There are times when the collection does feel like a bit much, but each doll's character means something and I can't bare to give them up. I think I've only ever sold... four? five?... of my dolls. XD;; Storage definitely quickly became a concern, though. Luckily, when space became a bit tight, the local World Market went out of business. They had 'everything must go' signs everywhere and my mom haggled them into selling a metal display rack, too. (It's been years and I'm still impressed with how she talked the manager around...)

I've actually been collecting off and on since '04. I've taken a couple of breaks, but bjds remain my main hobby. It's hard to pick favorites, but if I haaaad to... probably my first, which is a Dream of Doll Homme Ducan (Loki), my main grail, a Volks Jo March (Jonquil), and my Soom Moon Wish Breccia (Abe no Kuzunoha, aka 'Foxy Mama' XDXD). I seriously do love everyone, though. ;_; <3

yukiri
1 hour ago, rightsidethru said:

There are times when the collection does feel like a bit much, but each doll's character means something and I can't bare to give them up. I think I've only ever sold... four? five?... of my dolls. XD;; Storage definitely quickly became a concern, though. Luckily, when space became a bit tight, the local World Market went out of business. They had 'everything must go' signs everywhere and my mom haggled them into selling a metal display rack, too. (It's been years and I'm still impressed with how she talked the manager around...)

I've actually been collecting off and on since '04. I've taken a couple of breaks, but bjds remain my main hobby. It's hard to pick favorites, but if I haaaad to... probably my first, which is a Dream of Doll Homme Ducan (Loki), my main grail, a Volks Jo March (Jonquil), and my Soom Moon Wish Breccia (Abe no Kuzunoha, aka 'Foxy Mama' XDXD). I seriously do love everyone, though. ;_; <3

Wow, that sounds like quite the collection. Do let me know if you ever share any pictures!

rightsidethru
2 minutes ago, yukiri said:

Wow, that sounds like quite the collection. Do let me know if you ever share any pictures!

Thank you! :)

I have an Instagram where I try to post up various photos of my collection. It's been a bit neglected because I've been ill, but I hope to start posting again soon! It's twistedwonderlanddolls. :) Additionally, I'm most likely coming to the SoCal Halloween meet on the 26th. Just need to decide who to bring! 😂

SiofraLu

Hello from a fellow noobie! I have resin dolls too (I have like 5). I have held SD sized BJDs and they are really heavy! My Smart Doll is a cortex (hard plastic) rather than vinyl and she’s still very light, I can actually carry her around no problem. When I switched her chest piece for a (larger bust) vinyl piece it just made it easier. I spent the first few years of my doll collecting saying I’d never get an SD because of their weight and now I want tons, lol! I hope there’s a good way to get stains off the darker skin tones because coffee is my favorite. 😁