Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

MDD Arle 2nd Ver.

Takemoto

Sorta want, but I just bought two dolls recently. I never handled an MDD either.

Monty

A bunch of Arle 2nds went to their owners yesterday. I just saw this post comparing ver1 and 2. 2 is the pink collar one, 1 the blue collar one.
They point out that 2nd has slightly different eyes - the colour seems brighter. This isn't something I would have noticed without a direct comparison like this. 

I thought it could be a coincidence, but cfx posted this pic in the Ranko thread of a photo shoot with some other Arle owners and you can see the others are slightly lighter in colour in the (default) eyes.

They also say the face shape is slightly different and that it might be their imagination - I think it is their imagination though cos I can't really see anything different there.

I was super lucky and got an Arle yesterday too, but we haven't yet decided if she should be shipped or if I should just pick her up in person next time I visit. I've got an incoming 9S to worry about first but its a huge relief to have my grail secured so I don't mind either way. 

cfx

Do you think the wig is a bit different, or just the styling? The v1 one seems to be a bit floofier with more volume in that pic of the two Arles.

Glad to know it's different owners lol; I wondered if he had 5 of them now.

I can't see a face shape difference either. I'd suspect if not just purely imagination, the idea that most DD heads look different if they're tilted up or down even the slightest bit. The way vinyl doll parts are made perhaps it's possible that there could be a slight difference between samples anyway.

Beani

@Ylse That announcement says they are on display in Dollpoint as well but the photos are actually from the other display locations. Osaka for Arle and Nagoya for Ranko. 

Edited by Beani

Arle will be available from Volks online stores on 19 January 10 AM instead. 

Takemoto

I have work on saturday til 2pm and trying to do lotto through USA is this going to give me trouble?

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, Takemoto said:

I have work on saturday til 2pm and trying to do lotto through USA is this going to give me trouble?

The Volks USA lottery usually gives you a few days to put in your entry.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Takemoto
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The Volks USA lottery usually gives you a few days to put in your entry.

Okay good. 

cfx

The outfit lotteries on Volks USA have been for 4 days, but Rem and Ram was for 10 days so that's probably what it is for dolls now. Hopefully these two will be lottery again, and not a clickwar like Miku Reboot and Sakura Miku were here.

We still don't know when the USA event is, or do we?

Juxtaposition

I'm waiting for the annoucement about the USA event, too! Arle is my favorite MDD sculpt, and I hope they make a lot of her so many people can welcome her home! 😊

Thespian

On the Volks USA FB page, they just announced that Arle and Ranko will have their own link up soon, and it looks like it'll be a lottery from Feb 1-10th.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

CastleAna

Hello everyone, I have a quaestion. I've ordered a Arle from Volks. jp and it didn't charge me for shipping. Would they ask to charge later? 

• Like 1

Minty
11 minutes ago, CastleAna said:

Hello everyone, I have a quaestion. I've ordered a Arle from Volks. jp and it didn't charge me for shipping. Would they ask to charge later? 

Congrats on getting Arle! 😄

Have you received a confirmation email from Volks? It should have the shipping charge listed.

toppz1008

34 minutes ago, CastleAna said:

I think they included shipping when you place the order.. I was able to get her as well. Mine was ¥2900

And congratulations!! 😊

Edited by toppz1008

nettle_tea

Aaaaaa I got my order in!!! I went to look at the product page right after seeing my order confirmation and she was sold out... I must have been one of the last ones in...

Congrats to everyone who was able to get her! I'm so stoked!!!

• Like 1

CastleAna

Yes, I got charged 2900 yen also. I thought it was for the tax or other extra charge. Thank you everyone! I'm so happy to have 'won' her and congratulations to all else who got her!

cfx

Since I wasn't successful in this clickwar I can't say for sure how it is with a doll, but a few days ago when I ordered some other items from Volks Japan, the charges were as follows:

• Item costs were the tax-excluded prices, even though it had the notation "(tax included)" on each one
  • They charge a 5% "commission fee"
  • They charge a small fee for EMS insurance, based probably on order cost
  • They charge the shipping fee

The order summary email is confusing as it lists the item costs, a subtotal, shipping cost, and a total. The subtotal is the items + commission fee + insurance but those amounts aren't shown in the email.

2900 yen seems low for shipping a doll but perhaps it is less for a MDD.

StelSel

Congratulations to the winners!

• Thanks 2