cfx

Friday is an intense day for Dollfie stuff:

• Ranko lottery celebration or heartache
  • Start of Volks USA lottery for Dolpa 42 outfit collection
  • Volks Japan clickwar for February outfit collection in the evening

@onion30@

• Like 1

Gabriel

Tomorrow, all questions will be answered.  All mysteries will be revealed!

• Like 2

Thespian

Good luck to all who entered, especially you @cfx!!

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

seventhfonist

I just got a winner notification for Ranko. Also entered for Arle.

• Like 2

BeyondTime

Just got my email for Ranko as well.

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Update on that list above:

Ranko says "Lucky!"

Paid for already

• Start of Volks USA lottery for Dolpa 42 outfit collection

Not entered yet because I just want the pom-pom skirts, and...

• Volks Japan clickwar for February outfit collection in the evening

One hour to go yet, and among other items will try to get the white pom-pom skirt here first

Edited by cfx
  • Like 5

Jezrah
4 minutes ago, cfx said:

Update on that list above:

Ranko says "Lucky!"

Paid for already

Yaayy congrats! 🥳

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime

Now for the monthlong wait for delivery. XD

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
5 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Now for the monthlong wait for delivery. XD

True, but I'm used to that kind of timing with getting things (not DDs) shipped SAL from Japan. Surprisingly the waiting up to this point for the lottery to end and for the results went faster than I figured too.

SakuraSylph

Haha, I came to say that the Ranko 2nd emails have started coming out, but it looks like you already knew that!

Congrats.  1st ver took over the #1 spot as best DD upon her release in 2014 in my opinion, so I'm curious to see how 2nd version compares.  Gothloli for the win.

• Like 2

SakuraSylph

Gabriel

Oh, well.  Losing meant that a lot of money got freed up to work on the tabletop game collection.  

• Sad 1

BeyondTime
On 2/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, SakuraSylph said:

1st ver took over the #1 spot as best DD upon her release in 2014 in my opinion, so I'm curious to see how 2nd version compares.  Gothloli for the win.

Ranko is a very good realization of the character. Her face has just the right combination of sweetness and mischievousness, and they realized her features really nicely. With some of the other iM@S girls I think there has been a bit more artistic license introduced into the final product. 

cfx

As I'm sure I posted somewhere before, I think Volks matured all of the girls a bit and toned down the eye makeup, but it was a consistent thing they did (until Anastasia anyway) and worked out well. I'm glad they made this choice in general.

I also think this custom Ranko represents her well in a younger/cuter style that may more closely match some of the original media:

Edited by cfx

Bluefox99

It's been awhile since I have posted here. Just got an email stating I won Ranko Kanzaki and I am quite surprised. Only thing I can think of for the delayed email is that someone failed to pay for the doll they won? Lucky me I guess, lol.

• Like 3

At Home: Nanoha, Ilya, Sasara, Rin Tohsaka, Sakura Matou, Saber Lily, Saber Alter ver. 2, Kud, Yuki Morikawa, Yumi(DDH-06 limited), Sakuno, Mayu, Yukino, Sakuya Maxima, Neris, Candy ,Marisa, Melty, Nanami, Sakuya Izayoi, Erica, Miku, Rin Shibuya

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, Bluefox99 said:

It's been awhile since I have posted here. Just got an email stating I won Ranko Kanzaki and I am quite surprised. Only thing I can think of for the delayed email is that someone failed to pay for the doll they won? Lucky me I guess, lol.

That happened to me last year with Lady Oscar. What actually happened then was Japan allocated more dolls, so Volks USA selected some more winners from the people who entered. 

BeyondTime

Ranko has arrived at Volks USA, and they expect to have the shipments complete by the end of March.

• Like 1

cfx

I just came here to post that.

On schedule, yay. With various shipments being impacted because of the virus I was wondering if Ranko shipments might get delayed.

@onion24@@onion30@

Edited by cfx

cfx

Just got the notification and tracking number--my Ranko has been shipped! @onion24@

lucky2.jpg

• Like 2

BeyondTime

I got my notice as well. I think she has a chance to be here Monday.

Edit: That may be optimistic, it's 'package acceptance pending' so I am guessing it hasn't left the office yet.

Edited by BeyondTime

SakuraSylph

Same here (from VolksUSA); Ranko's twinnie is on the way.  Need to think of a name to differentiate her from O.G. Ranko.

This'll be interesting in that she's the first DD I've picked up since the f3 skeleton was introduced en masse, so it'll be interesting to directly compare v2 to the original DDS body that v1 uses.  I won't do it right away, but I'm looking forward to disassembling it to see how the posing tolerances compare.  DD3 was a good upgrade to DD2, especially for sitting with back straight, but I think Ranko2 will be closer to Ranko1 than that.

We planted a sakura tree in our backyard yesterday and it's just starting to bud. Ranko's twinnie will get here just in time to get dressed and go out for hanami. Nice unintentional timing, Volks!

SakuraSylph

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, SakuraSylph said:

I won't do it right away, but I'm looking forward to disassembling it to see how the posing tolerances compare.

If you disassemble the legs, check the guide for reassembling the hip because it really works. I can get it reassembled in less than a minute.

cfx
24 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I got my notice as well. I think she has a chance to be here Monday.

I'm too far away from Volks for that. I'm just going to expect her by next Friday and if she beats that then I'll consider that a plus but that way I'm not expecting something that isn't likely to happen.

I was surprised to get the shipping notice as it's a bit earlier than the original schedule, and I just expect everything to be late if anything.

She'll be stuck in her box for a while anyway :-| but I'll be happy to have her here. :)

BeyondTime

She moved. O.O

Delivery is scheduled for Monday.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx

Mine just still shows "accepted."

Now showing estimated delivery Monday for me as well, but I won't count on that or believe it until it happens.

That's incredibly fast for USPS to get from CA to me, and lately probably 99% of my packages never meet the estimated date and end up showing "arriving late" for a few days. The sorting distribution center for me has changed recently, and my mail has been a mess ever since. One blu-ray from ebay recently took a full month to get to me via Media Mail because it sat around at one distribution point for weeks. When I inquired about it at my post office I got a "we can't do anything" answer.

I'll be happy to have her by next Friday. If it's earlier, great.

Edit (added here rather than another message of bitching): As of about 1 AM CST Monday, tracking now shows "In Transit, Arriving Late." I'm not disappointed as I knew there was never a chance it'd be here today. I'm only annoyed that USPS ever claimed it would be because mail from CA never gets here that quickly so I don't know why the estimate even showed that it would be.

Edited by cfx