MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

DDS Ranko Kanzaki 2nd Ver.

BeyondTime

She's at my local post office.

snoopy-anticipating.jpg

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Lanko

BCD9C9AF-CBE2-4D3A-B826-5D03FBE1741D.jpeg

Edit: Failed to notice her picture on the other side.  

1743CAF1-6823-486B-B73B-3A0600FA7BB7.jpeg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 4

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

That parasol is important to me as I asked for it at the beginning of this thread, before we knew she came with it:

On 11/15/2019 at 2:30 AM, cfx said:

Also, attention Volks: Make her a black parasol!

It's unfortunate though that from everything I've read about it it's quite heavy and hard for her to hold up. I notice it's always placed where it's practically touching her head and I assume that is why.

(I still don't have mine, lol at USPS claiming Monday delivery for me.)

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

I noticed the weight of the parasol almost immediately. 

Gabriel

Interesting.  Have all the other Idolm@ster dolls been in the boxes similar to this one?  Have there been any "coffin boxes" in a while?  I know Rem was a box like the above.  I forget on Matoi (I'll have to check).  It feels like Volks is switching to these kinds of boxes.

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Interesting.  Have all the other Idolm@ster dolls been in the boxes similar to this one?  Have there been any "coffin boxes" in a while?  I know Rem was a box like the above.  I forget on Matoi (I'll have to check).  It feels like Volks is switching to these kinds of boxes.

The only ones I can recall coming in the special large boxes are Ranko V1, Rin V1, and the three pre-orders. I don't have Rin V2 so idk about her.

cfx

Shiburin v2 came in the small yellow box; I know this from pictures on Mandarake and elsewhere.

When I got Sheryl she was in the large box and I just assumed that was because she comes with a lot of stuff so needed the space. Then with Shiburin v1 I was like why is she in this huge thing?

BeyondTime
43 minutes ago, cfx said:

Shiburin v2 came in the small yellow box; I know this from pictures on Mandarake and elsewhere.

When I got Sheryl she was in the large box and I just assumed that was because she comes with a lot of stuff so needed the space. Then with Shiburin v1 I was like why is she in this huge thing?

The pre-orders always came in the special large box.

As far as Ranko V1 / Rin V1, I have no idea why unless maybe it was a part of the licensing deal.

cfx

Not having Ranko V1 I may be wrong but I thought maybe the wings were large enough they might be a tight fit or get mussed up in the smaller box.

I never thought about it before--are the preorder dolls the only ones that come in the larger box where the outer sleeve is fully printed, as opposed to just a smaller sticker on it as with Ranko v1, Shiburin v1, Alisa, etc.? Just thinking about the ones I know of it seems like that is the case.

Singer Yuna

Preorder boxes and Vocaloids share the big print. I expected a big 2B face in this last po but it was only the logo. l wonder if fate Saber and Jeanne are with small photo.

Edited by Singer Yuna

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Gabriel

Off the top of my head for reference.

Rin Tohsaka v2 came in a yellow standard flip top box with a picture sticker slapped on it.  Standard Candy came in the same type of box but without a picture sticker if memory serves.

MOMO, Sheryl Nome, Snow Miku, Kagamine Rin, and Saber Extra all came in specialized coffin boxes with specialized art.

Freyja Wion came in a coffin box, but with a sticker.

Rem came in the new style box shown above that Ranko was in.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I think... Matoi was in a coffin box with sticker?  Definitely not a custom art coffin.

cfx
3 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

Preorder boxes and Vocaloids share the big print.

Oh yeah. I was even thinking about how Sakura Miku and Miku Reboot were in the large boxes but still didn't think about the rest lol.

3 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

l wonder if fate Saber and Jeanne are with small photo.

Checking pictures on Mandarake, they have the small photo, but the box has a blue background with a Fate Grand Order logo etc. on it. So I don't know if the entire thing is printed, or it's a generic Fate box with the Jeanne and Saber parts being the usual smaller stickers.

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I'll have to check when I get home, but I think... Matoi was in a coffin box with sticker?  Definitely not a custom art coffin.

I figure Matoi's large wig and all the outfit pieces would've pretty much required the larger box. Looking at a Mandarake listing I can't tell if it's a custom art box or sticker because they often just show the sticker instead of the full box anyway.

Gabriel
19 minutes ago, cfx said:

I figure Matoi's large wig and all the outfit pieces would've pretty much required the larger box. Looking at a Mandarake listing I can't tell if it's a custom art box or sticker because they often just show the sticker instead of the full box anyway.

And I'm home for lunch.

Matoi's was a large generic coffin box with a sticker.  It's the largest Dollfie box I have, dwarfing the tied second place holders Saber Extra and MOMO.

I expected Ranko to at least be a coffin box with a sticker considering her stuff and parasol accessory.

cfx
8 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I expected Ranko to at least be a coffin box with a sticker considering her stuff and parasol accessory.

Looking at the pics in this thread it looks like her stuff doesn't take up much room in the packaging:

I had forgotten there is more than one size of the large box. I remember someone here talking about Jeanne's box being deeper, I think.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, cfx said:

She is here! I love her. @onion24@

Ranko is awesome.

• Like 1

SakuraSylph

Ranko v1 came with her wand-like winged microphone in a separate box and a pair of large white angel wings for her back.  I haven't tried fitting all her stuff into a yellow box, but I'm thinking it might be too big, especially with her sculpted lolita wig on top of the rest.

Shiburin v1 I can't explain in a vacuum because she didn't come with much on her own, but her large box could've been to be uniform with Ranko's as part of the same release.

• Thanks 1

SakuraSylph

cfx
10 minutes ago, SakuraSylph said:

Ranko v1 came with her wand-like winged microphone in a separate box and a pair of large white angel wings for her back.  I haven't tried fitting all her stuff into a yellow box, but I'm thinking it might be too big, especially with her sculpted lolita wig on top of the rest.

I forgot about the microphone scepter thing, but I was also thinking those wings probably would've been a tight fit in the small box.

10 minutes ago, SakuraSylph said:

Shiburin v1 I can't explain in a vacuum because she didn't come with much on her own, but her large box could've been to be uniform with Ranko's as part of the same release.

That actually makes perfect sense. From a marketing standpoint she would seem "lesser" somehow by being in a smaller box than Ranko.

I got her recently, and there really is a lot of empty space in that box. :classic_laugh:

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, SakuraSylph said:

I haven't tried fitting all her stuff into a yellow box, but I'm thinking it might be too big, especially with her sculpted lolita wig on top of the rest.

I'm sure those wings would get destroyed in a yellow box even if you could fit them inside.I always forget those, I think she's only worn them once.

3 hours ago, SakuraSylph said:

That makes sense.

Anna-neko
On 3/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, cfx said:

Checking pictures on Mandarake, they have the small photo, but the box has a blue background with a Fate Grand Order logo etc. on it. So I don't know if the entire thing is printed, or it's a generic Fate box with the Jeanne and Saber parts being the usual smaller stickers.

I wanna say only pre-order girls had custom boxes, but then Sasara white gothic had "coffin" styled big box, but only with a photo glued to front. As did Asuna Titania version
Jeanne and Nero before her (with Alter v2. Same preorder period) came in ginormous boxes, with custom printing on all sides, including logos and photos of doll herself. Jeanne's looking like the in-game summon card no less

45300044295_74c263b9b4_z.jpg

Jeanne currently still holds title of "largest box" as hers is also much deeper, due to armor and banner 
45489038794_da75f31128_c.jpg

Edited by Chise
  • Like 1

Monty

I was under the impression that all the new dolls had the big boxes judging from what I've seen of photos of all the most recent dolls via twitter posts, yahoo auction images etc. 
Even with 7 limited DDs counting Arle, I don't have a single one that came in those old yellow boxes with the window, which is kinda a shame for me cos I liked how much smaller they were. (So I was a little disappointed that Arle 2's box is so big...)

The DCoords came in a yellow window box at the time I got Bri but they may have changed that now, cos the Dream Choice box doesn't have a window and looks bigger. (I don't know if it's as big as any of the limited doll boxes though)

Anyone here get both Jeanne/Saber and 2B/9S? Are their boxes the same size or are the former much bigger?

cfx
22 minutes ago, Monty said:

Even with 7 limited DDs counting Arle, I don't have a single one that came in those old yellow boxes with the window, which is kinda a shame for me cos I liked how much smaller they were. (So I was a little disappointed that Arle 2's box is so big...)

Is Arle's box larger than Ranko's? Because Ranko's white box is the same size as the old yellow boxes (I have both).

Monty
6 minutes ago, cfx said:

Is Arle's box larger than Ranko's? Because Ranko's white box is the same size as the old yellow boxes (I have both).

I meant that Arle's box is the same size as a regular-sized DD box, unlike the smaller pink MDD-sized boxes they used to have. 

I thought those boxes were bigger than the yellow ones but that's good to know, even if its not as small as I'd prefer it will take up a lot less space than Luka/Rin/9S's boxes.

Edited by Monty

cfx
5 minutes ago, Monty said:

I meant that Arle's box is the same size as a regular-sized DD box, unlike the smaller pink MDD-sized boxes they used to have. 

Aha. I didn't realize those were smaller than the yellow boxes before.

I wasn't sure they were the same size either, until comparing them directly.

Volks USA used a shipping box that looks like it is large enough for one of the larger boxes, but Volks Japan shipped me a body in a box that exactly fits the white Ranko box, that I'm using to store it.

2 hours ago, Chise said:

Jeanne and Nero before her (with Alter v2. Same preorder period) came in ginormous boxes, with custom printing on all sides, including logos and photos of doll herself. Jeanne's looking like the in-game summon card no less

I didn't know there were different lengths for these boxes. I had forgotten there were deeper ones as well, but now I remember someone talking about this when Jeanne came out. I just have two of those boxes (Sheryl and Shiburin v1) and I believe they are the same size though I haven't compared them directly.

Edited by cfx