Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

Katsudon

Cocoa Fortitude looks so glamorous! I do wish that Cocoa Oceana had the same curly wig as her tea counterpart though.

monkeypizzasonic

(This is supposed to just be a bust stand for floating heads, but why do i get the feeling it's going to end up costing about as much as it would be to buy an entire obitsu 50 body and dye it to match?

If you want a cool disembodied metallic cyborg girl though, this is pretty neat.)

• Like 3

Starwaia
33 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

(This is supposed to just be a bust stand for floating heads, but why do i get the feeling it's going to end up costing about as much as it would be to buy an entire obitsu 50 body and dye it to match?

If you want a cool disembodied metallic cyborg girl though, this is pretty neat.)

TBH I'm just hoping the bust itself is a usable option part. My SMD girls are of the android persuasion and this sort of thing would really suit them.

• Like 2

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

ebil

I'm guessing it most likely is a usable part, @Starwaia, since he wrote "And yes - the cyborg bust does fit on a Smart Doll"

• Like 1

Starwaia
7 hours ago, ebil said:

I'm guessing it most likely is a usable part, @Starwaia, since he wrote "And yes - the cyborg bust does fit on a Smart Doll"

Ooh, must have missed reading that! Thanks for the info, now I'm excited!

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Eiko82

Those printed eyes look really cool. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic

b02a3601acd4964d63effb72e248f7b5.jpg

blah blah blah anyway I know this is just a makeup guide but I want an actual doll with this brightly colored faceup someday she looks like an MLP character I love it.

Silent

Is it a new generation skeleton prototype on first photo? It is on monitor and even a physically on table. Leg skeleton part seems different.

Tierparkzone
4 hours ago, Silent said:

Is it a new generation skeleton prototype on first photo? It is on monitor and even a physically on table. Leg skeleton part seems different.

The part on the screen looks like one half of an elbow joint.  But it's hard to tell if it is a newly designed one.

The hip joints and thigh bones of the skeleton on the table are definitely new. This looks like pair of swivel joints, whereas the Smart Dolls up to now had a ball-and-pan joint inside the hips.

Question is: Has this already been rolled out without much fanfare (as was the case for past skeleton iterations) or is this something that's upcoming?

Depending on how they designed this, it could improve Smart Doll leg mobility by quite a bit. If the peg of the across-axis can slide up and down, they could possibly replicate the functionality of a DolFun hip frame.

Edit: The spine also appears to be made out of custom parts instead of the usual coolant hose. This strikes me as odd as I always considered that a really effective choice of parts. Both with regard to mobility as well as cost effectiveness (off the shelf mass produced parts are likely much cheaper compared to custom made ones). Maybe a result of the global supply chain issues everywhere?

Edited by Tierparkzone

monkeypizzasonic

monkeypizzasonic

The instagram links seem to be borked again, so I'll try to get pics of the new stuff instead.

smdpst.png

monkeypizzasonic

(I don't mean to be rude, but the way the cleft lip is painted on the doll...if you moved the line to the middle of the lips it would look like a catgirl mouth. I can't unsee it.

No offense to people who actually have the condition, this is entirely about the way the doll is painted/styled.)

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

f773d23d9872c0fa35158fe133f80340.jpg

• Like 1

Eiko82

I love that blue one! 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic

Insta links still borked, so have some pics:

smdpcpf.png

relentless2.png

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

...Or, hear me out, we could stop talking in space war metaphors and alternate between fantasy colors seasonally so everyone has a chance to get what they want and you could also add more colors into rotation without taxing production by trying to have them all available at once.

I mean uh...the two factions could strike a bargain and agree to mine the Galactic Grey ore for a...cycle...and then next cycle create more Interstellar Blue ore...and maybe also search the nearby planets for more...colors...of ore...that could be worked into the mining cycle...like Stardust Yellow and Ultrasonic Violet and Quantum Green and Milky Way White and idk Hyperspace Pink? 

reltext.png

• Like 8

RetroKanojo

Pride is making me feel so conflicted lmao

I absolutely adore her expression and as someone whose skin is covered with blemishes of all kinds, which I don't bother covering up at all, I feel like I should be on board with her concept.. like yeah, gurl, you go! No need to put on layers of foundation! Who cares! You got acne? Scars? Welp, you gotta live with it, the people around you can deal with looking at them for a while.

At the same time though.. it's a doll - and I like my dolls adhering to unrealistic standards of beauty 😂 doesn't help that the blemishes do look somewhat similar to that pink bacteria that likes to live on vinyl

Maybe I'll go against everything she stands for and remove the marks if I buy her. I guess I'll just have to live with the fact I'm a dirty hypocrite then, but at the same time.. if I spend so much money on something, I better make sure I enjoy it.. 😂

On an entirely unrelated note: I'd love a 'Hyperspace Pink' doll!

marishade

You are not a hypocrite. There is nothing wrong with wanting a doll to look like an ideal when that is their whole purpose anyway. There are very few dolls that actually really look "realistic", that is okay. I have a little blemish problems as well as psoriasis on multiple areas of my body. I would not want a doll to show signs of psoriasis because it would be sad to me to think that they have to go through what I do. I also do not need "reaffirmation" like that.

Now, do I think the hearing aid and cochlear implant is neat? Very much so because I am a little bit involved in the deaf community. I think the prosthetics limbs are neat too because of some video games I have played and because they are constantly getting better for those who need them. I also like the gold crack design because of the exhaustion and mental difficulties with being a caregiver for a family member who is terminally ill. . . . . So with all that being said maybe someone will like the blemish doll. . . But I do not and I do not think there is anything wrong with someone liking or not liking a doll depicted with a condition regardless whether they have the exact one or not.

Edited by marishade
  • Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

I acknowledge that we are uber-cancelling DC right now, but I figured I'd still post the new girls anyway.

Also news: option heads and bodies coming soon, more free patterns, blue options parts (chests, hands, also bodies).

smd frninr.png

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

@monkeypizzasonic - I love the bottom middle head. LOVE. IT. Gimme a cranky doll any day of the week. 

monkeypizzasonic

m2wzoM5.jpg

problem is, doesn't apple come out with new connectors for the charging of things all the time? idk. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

problem is, doesn't apple come out with new connectors for the charging of things all the time? idk. 

They've swapped connectors 3 times, but the last time was to USB-C which is pretty much a standard these days. Their newer phones also support wireless charging, and pretty sure they data sync over wifi now so the cables can be a bit moot.

It looks like he has both lightning and USB-C connectors on that torso.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Oculae

I wonder how he got those in there. That port on the chest looks awfully small... 🤔

I do think it's a cool way to handle floating heads, though! If I knew of a third party neck peg that fit smd, I'd be tempted to put my resin Ji-Zero head on there for the full robo experience. 😆 I wonder if these will be for general sale or not, though. The fact that they were in the last chaos bundle has me worried.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!