Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

Eiko82

Oooh cool, cocoa boy!

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Nekome
19 hours ago, apag22 said:

I'd like to point out that Dallas Doll Co recently caused quite the drama in the American Girl community. They took one of the new dolls (that focus on diversity and representation) and white washed the hell outta her. I just want shoppers to make informed purchases!

oh geez, thanks for the warning! I was just looking at their page today, glad I saw this

Eiko82
On 10/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, apag22 said:

I'd like to point out that Dallas Doll Co recently caused quite the drama in the American Girl community. They took one of the new dolls (that focus on diversity and representation) and white washed the hell outta her. I just want shoppers to make informed purchases

That is very disappointing. Is there a link to this? I'm not familiar with American Girl. 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

apag22
17 hours ago, Eiko82 said:

That is very disappointing. Is there a link to this? I'm not familiar with American Girl. 

Sadly DDC moved their AG account to private, so I can't pull up the post. 

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

monkeypizzasonic

(Okay, they're selling more test junk but at least it's cool testing junk this time.)

Katsudon

Wow, I'm surprised by the difference that using a sealant makes! They do look very cool as ghost dolls, despite the disclaimers. 🤩

Edit: just 'cos wrists get singled out as being fragile in ABS, I've seen people offer printables for some wrist parts, and of course clear filament can be bought no problem.

Edited by Katsudon

Rneiro

Does anybody know why some Cocoa bust parts are being decommissioned?

But I still want a blue girl.. Or a Chaos vinyl body. It’s still a SmD, right? One day..

Edited by Rneiro

BeyondTime

The name Jazz suits her imo. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Katsudon

It's a bit much to say that Independence Tea was unpopular when she was discontinued on the day she went on sale, so people had literally one day to buy her. 😕

Edit: correction, the day after she went on sale. Glad I kept that discontinued doll thread now haha. Likely she would have done better with a little time, especially currently when people are very hyped for blue dolls and don't know where to spend.

Edited by Katsudon
  • Sad 1

Eiko82

Cool skin tone! I think the gray eye shadow works best. 

Katsudon

Grey looks promising! I hope he releases a grey Smart Doll with a robot face-up 😍

Edited by Katsudon
  • Like 1

Katsudon

Double posting because also please Prowess in grey with white stripes, like a little grey tabby kitty cat! 😻

• Like 1

Eiko82

A grey Prowess would be really awesome! 

Katsudon

Glad he's making mini Fortitude, because she's very pretty and definitely one of my favourites. Although that might not mean much when half the dolls fit that category heheh.

Katsudon

I feel like that bikini set needs a green wig and maybe some tiny oni horns to go with it. 😘

• Like 1

ebil
14 hours ago, Katsudon said:

I feel like that bikini set needs a green wig and maybe some tiny oni horns to go with it. 😘

😆 Exactly…! I almost made such a comment yesterday but got totally sidetracked trying to find a good gif of her to pair with it (there were too many.) 

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

(Reminder that we have a separate thread for discussing DC's attempts at representation...although I do like the marbling effect, and I would be tempted to make a Deadpool if he ever came out with a boy version. I feel like it's more of a cool effect than anything.)