Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Thespian

Persona 5 Futaba Sakura

Thespian

Well, if Volks won't give me one, I'll make one myself.

Hey friends! I'm at the end of my first P5 playthrough and I chose to romance Futaba. She is a character near and dear to my heart and I would love to have her in my collection, whether as an official character model or as a custom. All of this is to say I sort of planned her out already, though she will be a slow-going process as I pick up things for her.

The References

Ref2.jpg.8af07689dcd7edc43add57e33c201749.jpg

ref.jpg.72fdc03b2d36135596591ae30f5b4ac2.jpg

The Doll

For Futaba, I decided that a DDH-06 in Flesh skin on the DDS small bust body would be most accurate. I debated on putting her on the DDP, since it's shorter and probably aligns more with her canon height (read: tiny), but if my canonically 14-year-old IM@S Ranko gets a DDS, then so does Futaba. As of this moment, the wig and eyes are still TBD.

21.jpg.6dac674fef51354ad0da1895fb4724f8.jpg01.jpg.d8e5964de8c18970cd26954b840e98b2.jpg

11.jpg.288b7784fb83e688f8d7c597529568e1.jpg

The Clothes

My goal would be to make Futaba's casual outfit. Lucky for me, Nine9Style already has some pieces that would work! The hard part would be finding or making a t-shirt to match her look and protecting her from staining with all that black. I'd also have to hunt down a convincingly close pair of glasses and headphones.

10510_shop1_311271.jpg.d6fd8cdd67f1f3bb37cef0771787e50f.jpg14184_shop1_1532315723574.jpg.d1971c252eded564720208be3267a34a.jpgnine7612_5613.JPG.6be13ac56d88361f75c32ea7c4edb676.JPG

Edited by fishbuttz
  • Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Tira

I actually have a custom Futaba of my own.  It's funny, we picked the same headmold, although mine is on the Obitsu 50cm body because I already had one of those and hadn't bonded as much with the doll previously using it.

Here's a picture of her.  Just ignore the face-up quality, it was my first time painting a DD head.  Her wig is an 8-9 Monique Gold Geneva in carrot red, and her glasses are this pair from AC.  The eyes are Type-F Shikoku from Volks, and are not at all like the brown color they look online... I need to get her a new pair in the Sumire color, I think.

• Like 1

Thespian
On 2/5/2020 at 11:12 AM, Tira said:

I actually have a custom Futaba of my own.  It's funny, we picked the same headmold, although mine is on the Obitsu 50cm body because I already had one of those and hadn't bonded as much with the doll previously using it.

Here's a picture of her.  Just ignore the face-up quality, it was my first time painting a DD head.  Her wig is an 8-9 Monique Gold Geneva in carrot red, and her glasses are this pair from AC.  The eyes are Type-F Shikoku from Volks, and are not at all like the brown color they look online... I need to get her a new pair in the Sumire color, I think.

Your Futaba is lovely! I think the 06 has the best eyehole shape for her character to begin with, all she needs is a pretty faceup and she's good to go.

Speaking of Futaba...

I bit the bullet and bought the basics for her from Volks USA. I got her head, body, bust, eyes, some faceup supplies, and a suitable temporary outfit so her body isn't nude forever. I went with Type U Sumire 22mm eyes for the time being, though I will likely trade them out in the future for something else since they seem too purple on my screen. Futaba's eyes are somewhere between brown and purple that make it really hard to find a suitable pair!

I haven't decided on a wig yet. Most carrot wigs I see are too vibrant of an orange and most browns are, well, too brown. Volks long shaggy in cork brown struck me as being close, but it's out of stock at the moment on both websites and I think it may still be too brown for my taste.

I plan on doing Futaba's faceup myself, but it'll have to wait for some time. We're still in the dead of winter here in the Colorado rockies and I'm not about to spray inside where my puppies may breathe it in. Besides, I have a couple of practice heads I want to work on before I try my hand at Futaba, I hope she'll forgive me later <3

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

cfx
8 hours ago, fishbuttz said:

Most carrot wigs I see are too vibrant of an orange and most browns are, well, too brown.

Crobi's Powder Brown might be something you'd like. Contrary to what Crobi's site shows, it looks like this:

In Crobi's own pictures it looks much darker so I'm sure you discounted it if you saw that. I think DDH-06 is one of the larger Volks heads and if that's the case with Crobi you need one of their 9-10" wigs because their 8" wigs are 8", not 8-9" and do fit some DDs but not the large heads.

You need the hime-cut (straight) bangs, and a straght wig. Like this one:

https://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=933&b_code=B20080525084138&c_code=C20080525084214

Maybe too long but could be trimmed if that bothers you. Here's another one but it would need to be straightened, which could be done with the hot water trick probably:

https://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=908&b_code=B20180802120340&c_code=C20180802120502&m_code=M20180802120528

Thespian
18 hours ago, cfx said:

In Crobi's own pictures it looks much darker so I'm sure you discounted it if you saw that. I think DDH-06 is one of the larger Volks heads and if that's the case with Crobi you need one of their 9-10" wigs because their 8" wigs are 8", not 8-9" and do fit some DDs but not the large heads.

You need the hime-cut (straight) bangs, and a straght wig. Like this one:

https://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=933&b_code=B20080525084138&c_code=C20080525084214

Maybe too long but could be trimmed if that bothers you. Here's another one but it would need to be straightened, which could be done with the hot water trick probably:

https://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=908&b_code=B20180802120340&c_code=C20180802120502&m_code=M20180802120528

I actually own a couple of Crobi powder brown wigs, and as much as I like them, they're still a bit too brown in person for Futaba. However, I haven't browsed Crobi's wigs in some time, and I think I actually really like their carrot wigs! It's a nice subdued orange in photos. I was thinking that this one might work if I straightened it out:

https://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=3737&b_code=B20080525084138&c_code=C20080525084214

Any pronouns are fine

cfx

That has the right bangs style and if you straighten it, the style would be right other than length, as long as you like that color. It's brighter in color and more orange and less brown than Crobi's pics make it look.

I know becuase I have that wig, here's what mine looks like, though phone pic and fluorescent room lighting so color may not still show completely accurately:

IMG_0216a.jpg.bc2dfd5bc0065b65a3ec5da2f8aedb88.jpg

Addition: The head there is semi-white, which might give a visual reference for overall color.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 2

Thespian
On 2/27/2020 at 6:23 PM, cfx said:

That has the right bangs style and if you straighten it, the style would be right other than length, as long as you like that color. It's brighter in color and more orange and less brown than Crobi's pics make it look.

I know becuase I have that wig, here's what mine looks like, though phone pic and fluorescent room lighting so color may not still show completely accurately:

Thanks, @cfx! Your photo convinced me that it's a suitable tone for what I'm going for, so I ordered it last night. I've never straightened a wig before, but I can't imagine it's too much harder than straightening my Blythe dolls' hair.

Futaba is coming together!! 😄

Any pronouns are fine

Thespian

Update!

Futaba's clothes came in from Nine9Style. I'm going to color-lock them with vinegar a couple times before I put them on her, though. So much black 0^0". I couldn't find a match for her boots or glasses that I liked, so I got her a workable pair of ankle boots and glasses from Alice's Collection that haven't shipped yet. I found a pair of headphones on DollMarche that I like, so I ordered those, too.

I also boil straightened her wig using Mizya's method and it looks lovely! All she's missing still is a faceup, which I want to do myself, but that means I need to venture out and get a proper ventilator and I'm not sure I want to do that right now with the virus. I can't believe she's coming together!

Any pronouns are fine

cfx
2 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

I'm going to color-lock them with vinegar a couple times before I put them on her, though.

I'm pretty sure that based on various topics posted here that this does not actually do anything.

It's only applicable to a certain specific type of dye.