Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Animaster888

dollfie dream bodies

Animaster888

So, I was curious.

What is the most basic/common dollfie dream body out there?

I want to get one one day but I'm curious on the different types.

but I want one that is common because ill be selling clothes for them one day

Pit

A concrete answer to this, isn't simple for me because there are all kind of tastes. However, based on my experience, I have seen various sites (except volks, because haven't checked their website in a while) selling "dollfie dream" body sized clothes, more than the other lines Volks handles (i. e. Dollfie Dream Dynamite, Dollfie Dream Pretty and Mini Dollfie Dream). 

Also, I'm not sure if "super Dollfie" could be included as another Dollfie Dream category. But in case it is, that's territory  I don't know. 

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Animaster888
19 minutes ago, Pit said:

A concrete answer to this, isn't simple for me because there are all kind of tastes. However, based on my experience, I have seen various sites (except volks, because haven't checked their website in a while) selling "dollfie dream" body sized clothes, more than the other lines Volks handles (i. e. Dollfie Dream Dynamite, Dollfie Dream Pretty and Mini Dollfie Dream). 

Also, I'm not sure if "super Dollfie" could be included as another Dollfie Dream category. But in case it is, that's territory  I don't know. 

Hope this helps.

it does help! thank you so much!

BeyondTime

I think the most common will be the Dollfie Dream body, possibly followed by the Mini Dollfie Dream. 

The basic Dollfie Dream body has been around for more than 15 years. 

Dollfie Dream Sister, and Dollfie Dream Dynamite are both fairly new by comparison.   

Mini Dollfie Dreams have been around awhile and they are super popular.  

One reason you see a lot of clothes in the Dollfie Dream size is because they are similar to the resin SD13 / SDGr lines by Volks. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Animaster888
38 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I think the most common will be the Dollfie Dream body, possibly followed by the Mini Dollfie Dream. 

The basic Dollfie Dream body has been around for more than 15 years. 

Dollfie Dream Sister, and Dollfie Dream Dynamite are both fairly new by comparison.   

Mini Dollfie Dreams have been around awhile and they are super popular.  

One reason you see a lot of clothes in the Dollfie Dream size is because they are similar to the resin SD13 / SDGr lines by Volks. 

I was always curious about the order of which they came out. ty

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Animaster888 said:

I was always curious about the order of which they came out. ty

The number one person for the history of Dollfie Dream production is probably @Cauldroness

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Most Volks clothing for DD (Dollfie Dream) also fits DDS (Dollfie Dream Sister) because the differences in the torso dimensions are very minor, with the main thing being arm and leg length.

I think an alternate thing to consider instead of making clothes to sell for the most common type, which I'm sure is DD, would be to make clothing for an underserved part of the market. There is almost no 3rd party clothing for DDP (Dollfie Dream Pretty), and not that much for DDdy (Dollfie Dream Dynamite). Even Volks has almost nothing specifically for DDP, only relying on upper body compatibility between DDP and MDD (Mini Dollfie Dream).

BeyondTime

I don’t think DDP lacks for upper body clothing, but they do lack pants. Basically, almost everything Volks makes for DDP is made for MDD, and MDD have shorter legs and slimmer hips. That means MDD outfits with pants do not fit DDP

Stylistically MDD clothing tends to be stuff for pre-teen kids, often with an emphasis on outfits for young children. The DDP was originally produced to create two characters in their mid teens, but the current standard model DDP seem more like preteens to me. There is definitely a niche market for teen styles for DDP

The drawback to DDP is there aren’t a lot of them out there at this point, but the other side of that coin is 50cm dolls are common. I’m just not qualified to say which Obitsu 50 cm models are similar to DDP

Edited by BeyondTime

Cauldroness

If your ultimate goal is to make and sell clothes, I'd probably recommend getting a Dollfie Dream with an M or L bust.

Beyond being one of the most common DD sizes, clothes made for this body would also fit DDS and also for SmartDoll. Depending on the stretchiness/drape of the fabric, it might also look good on other sizes (like DD S-bust or DD L-Shapely Bust) because it's one of the middle sizes, rather than being at either end of the size range. Again, depending on stretchiness/drape, there would even be compatibility with resin dolls (I find some of my DD clothes fit my Fairyland girls, for example).

I don't think there are enough DDPs out there today to make this a viable size for robust sales. DDP clothes should (probably) fit the smaller Angel Philia bodies, the standard Obitsu 50s (but not the Azone AZO2 bodies), and possibly the Azone AZT8-45? But those are all still pretty niche sizes.

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Saku

I think that the most common body of dollfie dream is the sister body since it is a body that also fits clothes 1/3 of other dollhouses

so to speak it is a body with a perfect measure to sell clothes
I must also say that there are many of us who have this measure ^^